Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seraphiccandy21

A white winter: whats that like?

I have never had a white Christmas, winter or really any time of year as I live in South Africa. Its a bit wierd that my pet is freezing in the snow whilst it is 30-35 degrees celcius outside and in general the seasons on PS never match up with the seasons here. Which means they I can never truly get excited about new spring stuff cos its autumn here or snowy weather as I've only seen snow twice( once in Switzerland on holiday and once in America whilst on an exchange semester). I'd like to hear from those of you out there who also live in the Southern hemisphere and wish that PS would follow ur seasons!

I grew up in Southern California so I never knew either.

In 1998 I moved to Toronto, Canada. The snow was up to 3-5 feet deep -- BIG storm.

Driving was a nightmare. I didn't have the proper tires so I couldn't drive more than a snail's pace without losing control of my car. The doors were frozen shut on my car after parking over night and I'd have to shovel my car out every time I needed to go anywhere Black ice on the road; accidents everywhere.

A snow drift blocked the door to my apartment and trapped me inside. I had to shovel myself out. It took me 8 hours to escape. It took me another 6 hours to shovel my driveway. I'd never been so sore in my life.

Everywhere I went my pants were soaking wet. Forget looking nice ... my hair was always a frizzy mess.

That said, if you don't have to GO anywhere, it's beautiful to watch the snow from INSIDE as it drifts down, as you sit by a fireplace and sip hot chocolate. Smile

I live back in California now and don't miss the snow AT ALL. Give me pixel snow in Pet Society any day .. haha!! In real life, I'll take the sun and sand! congratulations

In the UK we don't really get a lot of snow ..the occaisional fall that will maybe last a couple of days ...not much more, but when it does fall the country grinds to a halt...trains, planes, buses ...everything that runs normally in countries that are used to snow just come to a standstill here .
Most of the time though it is just dark, overcast or just plain raining ....lots and lots of rain!!We all end up with webbed feet by spring congratulations

in southern california we get snow but only in the mountains.

we do get rain though...and it looks like for us this christmas is going to be a wet one!
hee hee.

last year we had snow for new year!!!
we always have it here, but there is no snow this winter, for now Sad
i cw for it to fall...

hmm... although in my country there's generally snow i leave in an area near the sea so it doesn't snow always.. and if it does it's only for 1-2 days... I LOVE IT!!! it's just adorable.. congratulations

I guess Canada can't be complete without snow. Laughing

I've never seen a winter without snow.

Snow is fun. You can shovel it, play with it, and have snowball fights which would make your day fun. Or you can sit near the fireplace, with a cup of hot chocolate.

It's really bright outside when it snows, but cold, like outside right know...sitting at -1celsius.

Cold... that's what it's like. We have -4 degrees right now with a windchill of -18

i thing at is not only in the south world also here in denmark there not will be so much snow normal there came a littel snow but not so uch and it is only in a few days and so it is raining again we have a thing we call white christmas and it is wen the most of the country is in snow christmas eve the 24 dec. and since i was born in 1987 we have 1 white christmas and it is 14 years ago so i cant not remeber this so well i was just 8 years old i thing and the winter is not so warm like south africa but when we talk winter in denmark ouer winter is warmer and warmer so a temp. on +1,5 is a warm winter here and last year we got this and there they say it was a cold winter because the most year we now have temp abouth +3-4 so i thing play fish need to make rain when it must be like ouer weather now and i thing they must make rain the most off the year to make ouer season we have rain so much the hole year her ein denmark so i realy like to have a umbrella an boaths and rain clothes to my pet lol

I grew up in Houston, Texas. Two snowflakes counted for school being closed and everyone who was on the roads went nuts. I lived a snowless existence for close to 25 years. I then moved to Germany just shy of my 25th birthday, and have experienced my first time in the snow.

The first winter in Germany, we had snow, and then when we lived in Jena we had snow. Now, we live near Frankfurt, and last year we had two and a half weeks where it was sub zero temps (in °C) and by the end of the cold snap, I was so sick of snow.

We are having a drought right now so we actually want some rain...you guys should consider urselves lucky to be getting so much Smile We have water restrictions and everything...for me Summertime has always been equal to the beach and christmas-time...

Guest Guest
i lived in england and the weather in summer used to be good and the winters were cold and snowy ,which were fantastic school used to close and we played out doos all day . Now i live in spain summer is long and hot and desperate for rain,,, and winter hasnt kicked in yet but we will only get a few showers all winter ,,but i like it xx

smut wrote:
i realy like to have a umbrella an boaths and rain clothes to my pet lol

umbrellas for our pets!! raincoats and boots! what a cute idea!