Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daphanie02

Atheist Cousin

I have a cousin who is an avid atheist. I dont talk to him regularly because we live so far apart and just kinda lost touch through the years. I've been going on facebook and it seems like everything he posts is outright bashing God and that God doesnt exist and so forth. I've ignored everything he's said until yesterday. I had to comment so i did. Its really bothering me alot that he doesnt see the evidence of God. I know i could argue with him forever about it but i just felt the need to let it go because he's not ready to accept anything i have to say. I know we are supposed to let our light shine before men but there comes a point where you're casting pearls before swine if you're not careful and i dont want to do that. Anyway...this is really bothering me alot and im praying for him. Anyone else have this problem?

I remember I had two atheist friends from England. I met them in my work. I knew they were atheists. I knew I needed to be nice to them and also aware and cautious to not offend their belief system. One day, it jut happened that our conversation has led us to God, I shared my supernatural experience with God to them. and I could read their minds being puzzled and wondering if I am stupid or deluded. I know that atheist thinks that christians are stupid, ignorant and deluded. I was really really careful not put strife or offense between us because I didnt want to lose the friendship. I knew that through friendship I could at least show who God is to them. I prayed daily for them asking God to give me wisdom how to deal with it.

Sometimes, I bought food for them, give some small things for them such as nice pen, notebooks, or small nice gifts. This made them wonder why I was doing this, because i was not even arguing about God with them. I was also trying to help them with their work.

One day one of them told me that she saw something differnet in me, she also said that she havent met a person like me and she started to ask about God. At that moment she became open when I talked about the Bible and the word of God. I gave her a Bible. And encouraged her to read it. I knew that her athiestic belief was shakening because she became curious about the Bible, in a positve way. I remeber she told that she was arguing with her friend about this. But somehow convinced her friend to join us everytime we talked about the Bible and God. We did it for some time, until they went back to England. After a couple of months, I received an email from her, telling me that she is now praying and reading the Bible I gave her, and honestly confessed that she believes in God. She was trying to find a church to be involved with.

and i dont have any idea what I happen to the other friend. But I am very grateful to God how he reached out their lives.

Daph,

I forgot to mention that this friend of mine who sent me an email, she dreamt that God appeared in her dream and told her that HE IS REAL. God Himself told her that He is real.

BTW, I also met atheists who spew profanities and blasphemies on my face. I wanted to punch them on the face, but I thank God I didnt, I have kept my self-control... otherwise I would have involved myself into trouble arguing

:praiseg-d:

owen wrote:
I forgot to mention that this friend of mine who sent me an email, she dreamt that God appeared in her dream and told her that HE IS REAL. God Himself told her that He is real.

Thanks Owen for sharing this.. That's exactly what I've been asking God to do to someone very close to me. Atheists coming to God truly is His work!!! I trust Him though and thank and praise Him in advance for what He's doing in this persons life. God bless you!

thats AWESOME Owen PRAISE GOD! Yes its definatley difficult for me to keep quiet because i have plenty to say in argument to his belief and this was the only time i opened my mouth and im glad I did. Now he knows where i stand and that im not in agreement with what he says. Its crazy though how entirely its consumed him. Its as if he has to have more faith to teach that Gods not real than i do to believe He is! Im living proof that Jesus saves and changes lives while what has atheism done for him? you can see the darkness in his life just by looking at his profile (even if you take out the atheism talk) It makes me sad because i love him...he is family.

That is true...

Sometimes it is sad to think that they thought that we are the ones who are blind but the fact is, the opposite is true, they choose to be blind by the innumerable evidence around them.

Most atheist accept the idea of atheism to rationalize and pacify their guilt of living in sin, thinking that no one will judge them, so it is ok. I believe it is actually an excuse to live in lawlessness.

And I hate it, when thay say that the idea of God is only for the weak, a bronze age mentality. This justification is pride and arrogance at its core.

Anyway, God is God whether people believe Him or not, it doesnt make Him less God.