Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linda Irish

HOW IMPORTANT ARE GODS WORDS TO US.....

EVERY WORD FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD....

Too many of our Christian brothers and sisters have been floundering for years–with hopes and dreams, but they remain stagnant or worse, working hard but feeling like they are only treading water and getting nowhere. God is showing me that so many of us are still struggling with a flawed and “hole filled”, weak and crumbling foundation–because we pick and choose exactly what words of God have value, or not. We pick and choose what instructions from God we shall implement into our life, or not. When clearly the answer to this is, “All.” All the words of God are true.

Do we think that Jesus took time to pick and choose what instructions from the Father were important and which were not, or which ones he would implement or not? Jesus said, “Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” To Jesus, every single word was food for man. Jesus did not pick and choose, but wanted to live by “All.”

For all of the instructions that God gives us are valuable. God desires to give us life, and life more abundantly. The words of God, consummated with our enthusiastic obedience, bring about the building of a solid foundation. Obedience to the living God is the plan. It is the blueprint for a solid foundation, with Jesus Christ as the cornerstone. God’s children perish for lack of knowledge. Let us not be lacking in knowledge of the truth of God.

We are all hopelessly flawed without the grace of Christ. I am not suggesting that we in our own abilities can do anything. I am saying that God is pleased with us when we demonstrate our faith in Him. I am saying that obedience to God is the evidence or the fruit of our faith, and I am saying that if we walk in His way we will know the truth and the truth will set us free. So let us walk in His way and not our way.

Let us obey the leading of the Holy Spirit, and the Word of God. Let us, instead picking and choosing what to obey, choose to obey everything that God would have us do, however small a thing it may seem. It is still pleasing to God when we obey Him. By the same token, disobedience in the small things is still rebellion, which is akin to witchcraft. This certainly will leave us not only with a damaged foundation, but walking without the protection of the armor of God. Let us put on Christ and walk in all His ways.

So what are these “small” instructions from the Living God that we tend to disregard? These are a some that come to my mind.

Grumbling.

The words of our mouth.

Neglecting to ponder the thoughts that God would have us dwell on.

Anger against our fellow man, which is to elevate ourselves as higher than they.

These are a few, but there are more. We all know what they are. They are the ones that we hold dear to our heart and repent of rarely. These are the ones that we make provisions for. These are the ones that we have allowed to interfere with the building of the foundation of our life in Christ Jesus. These are the ones that Satan uses to snare us and keep us from fully walking in the light.

God has given us a hope for a future, and this begins with a solid foundation. God is always ready for us to repent and begin again. The steadfast love of our Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end, and they are new every morning.

Let us begin to build our foundation in earnest. Let us repent of our lack of obedience in all these things and enthusiastically begin again.

When we can be faithful in the small things perhaps he will then give us the big things.

So If God tells us to do something, do we do it? Not in theory–I mean do we really do it?

I have come to believe through my experiences with God, that if he tells us something and we don’t do it…over and over again…before too long He will just stop asking us to do things–that is, until we do that one thing that we are trying to ignore and justify. Its as if we are saying, “God you know me–I will do anything you want …except that one thing. …I am only human”

But our God is pulling together and raising up an army that will go out and do the will of the Father. They are the faithful who believe God, and it is accounted to them as righteousness. This is how God looked at Abraham, and God is not a respecter of persons. If God says that Abraham’s believing is counted as righteousness, it is true for all his children as well.

If we can’t be faithful in the “small things” that he tells us to do, how can we expect God to keep talking with us? God is not in the business of making small talk. If we ignore God when we read in His word that we are to forgive our brother, or if we continue to judge our neighbor, shall God continue to enjoy conversation with us?

The Bible teaches us that If we have aught against our brother, God will not hear our prayers. I believe God. God wants us to go make it right with our brother, and then God will hear us again.

This is not a hobby…God loves his children, yes. But don’t we all want our Father to look upon us and say, “Well done, my good and faithful child.”? I do. I want dialogue with my Dad in heaven. I want a daily camaraderie with my Father, and I want to go about doing His will on this earth. It begins with believing God, and then if you believe, do what he says. Don’t pick and choose which instructions from the Lord are important and which are not. They are written on your heart, you know. Make no provision for any rebellion against the Word of the Living God.

Swearing once in a while, a white lie, a partial truth, anger against a sister or brother, judgment against the one that Satan used to terrorize you, pride–nail these to the cross. Forgive, ask God to forgive you for judging your enemies, pray for your enemies…. Begin again. Every word that comes from the Father is worthy of our believing and obeying. Believe God. If you truly believe God, obedience will follow. That is your fruit, your confirmation.

God speaks to us with the written word–the Bible…do we obey ?

God speaks to us through the leading of the Holy Spirit…do we obey ?

God has His ways written on our heart so that we do not sin against Him…do we obey?

God tells us to call that friend, visit that neighbor, pray for our enemies.

Cast your cares on him. Do not judge others.

Have no other Gods above Him–like our children, our mates, our passions, our hobbies, our will, our (you fill in___). Or do we think we are so busy in this life that we don’t really have the time to spend with God, believe God, walk in his ways, and learn His truth.

If we are not obeying God, we are not really believing Him. If we believe a rain storm is coming, we bring an umbrella. We are prompted to action by our belief that it will rain. If we believe the gas gauge on the car when it shows near empty, we go straight to the gas station. If a woman believes that she is pregnant, she begins to turn down that glass of wine and to eat well. The fruit of our believing spurs us into action. So, in other words, the believing, or the faith, brings about obedient action. That is the fruit of faith–action!

So, pondering all this, when you wonder why you may not hear the voice of God, consider these things: Are you believing God? Look for the fruit to provide confirmation–does your action (obedience) confirm this? That is the confirmation that you believing God. That is your fruit.

When you begin to look forward to obeying God whenever the opportunity arises…and exercise this at every opportunity…before long you will begin to hear His voice clearly. …Because who are the children of God? They are the children of the promise, the ones who believe God and it is accounted to them as righteousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BELIEVE GOD