Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jasmine

I am sick of this!

I don't hate my life. I'm happy that I'm okay, but that's the problem- okay. I'm sick of this stupid okay-ness. I feel like somethings missing. I know I have to know Jesus (heck, I'm trying) but that's not it. I lack joy and excitement; I'm just okay and sometimes worse. I know Jesus fills the emptiness in our lives, but I wanna get somewhere in life (I'm not saying that I'll waste my life with Jesus. When I was with Jesus I really didn't do anything), and I don't wanna wait till adulthood when I can go to college or whatever. I long for a purpose. I don't know I've wanted to be and actress and scriptwriter and for the past year I felt called to it because of a movie I wanted to make. I just don't want an ordinary life (with Jesus nothing id ordinary, but you get what I mean). The office/ court room/ doctor's office aren't for me. Please pray for me!

Hi ja1721 -

In my opinion, I think it's safe to say that it is evident that God's purposes for you don't involve the office/courtroom/doctor's office! laugh I mean this in the most positive way...while professions in those settings are honorable and fine for some, the Lord has other things in store for you. Your gift of wisdom and your talent for writing are not to be taken lightly. Your love for the Lord and your insights at age 13 are beyond your years - I have a 14 yr old so am around kids your age and your posts/compositions are light years beyond them in terms of insightfulness (and they're good kids, most of whom still have Jesus in their lives).

Being at the beginning of high school and knowing you don't want an ordinary life, use this time in high school to expose yourself to as much as possible academically and through extracurriculars and other enrichment programs that your high school will offer so that you can discover your purpose. You are in NYC so have access to virtually any interest that you would like to explore - the local arts community groups have programs for high schoolers to get exposure to performing arts, writing, drama, music, etc. When you get to high school, see your guidance counselor to see if they can direct you, that might be a good starting point.

At the same time, don't discount this period in your life - it is a period of exploration/exposure that will lay the foundation for the next season in your life. This period is actually a blessing because you can try things and fail at them or determine that they're not really for you without having significant risk/repercussions (i.e., you can stop pursuing something without worrying about getting another job, paying bills, supporting a family, etc.). Regarding the movie that you want to make, outline it - moviemaking isn't my area but what I mean is write the script, research what would have to happen to really produce it, and if it is a script that you really have a passion about then pursue it or get it copywrited and keep it filed for a future opportunity to bring it to the screen.

Pursue opportunities to develop your talent through your church, your school, community programs, the arts community in the NY metro, etc.

Father God, I thank you for ja1721. Thank You Lord, for this gift to the Kingdom. Lord, I know that you have plans for ja1721 and will use her mightily in the Kingdom. Father, I pray that You reveal Your plans to ja1721, thank You for the people that You're bringing into her life to help her move into her destined place in the Kingdom, that you for the opportunities that You have ordained for her to experience that she may grow in the talents and giftings that You've given her. I pray that she grow in these talents and giftings and use them in a way that gives You glory and brings others to know You and be encouraged in You. In Jesus' name, Amen.