Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dreams3

update: stay or leave the church?!

Thank you all some much for your prayer and advise.
Finally my husband as been ask to play in the music team and to help in the interpretation section. i am so happy...and God bless you all!

After it seems we have finally been led to the church to worship...after searching and visiting quite a few...now my husband is not happy with the church. reason...for some strange reason or may be their rules...they donot welcome people to their worship team....my husband has gone to offer support with his musical talent, interpretation ability, and electrical ability...it seems they donot need him...the music leader told him they donot want anyone ..he also has talk to the pastors/elders told him to wait. meanwhile it is VERY obvious the music and electrical and interpretation section need help that was why my husband went forward.

and i have advice him to wait maybe it is too early or they are studying us..not wanting to get anyhow someone to the worship team. But surprising we also met other people too having the same problem..one singing sister we knew has been there for close to 3years but refused in the ministry....and i only recently discovered that the worship leader is the pastor brother...so my husband is saying is family thing. A handful doing the whole work while the rest sit down.

surprising thing the worship team is just very little made of just a drummer, a guitarist, a pianoist and backup singer...and there is room for inprovement ..is a growing church...yet strangely they dont want members and my husband is feeling is not doing his part which God gave him..rather bench warming every sunday. He has always being serving in the musical or interpretation or electrical part. While i am enjoying my worship he is the opposite on sundays.

to tell you pple the truth..i feel the spirit of God in there...out of all the places we have gone looking for a family church..now every sunday my husband is always looking sad...in short i dont know what to pray anymore..because over 6months this was like prayer answer..and now move to where again?..and our kids are already settling down..meanwhile the pastors of the church are visiting our home next week.

personally i too have never seen a church refused helping hands to any department/ministry..highest they may have rules that one is requested to agree too or quit..but not needing anyone is surprising. we just sat down everysunday and listen.

now a pastor of another church is inviting him to service their electrical and musical need for just this sunday...and i donot want to go...i have been praying over this issue for the past 4months(with a friend)..i dont know what else... crying

. Please pray for us ....

I can be touched by this situation...I really can. I just recently became a part of a new church, which I LOVE! The first thing that I was told, when walking through the door, was that the praise team was closed to new singers. I believe I was told this because my friend sings on the team and she was telling the band and singers that she used to sing with me and that I was a praise and worship leader. This intimidated the leader so she quickly made sure I wouldn't be able to join the group. Little does she know, I wasn't looking to join because I wanted to do something different. I know i"m called to do praise and worship, but maybe in a different season in this situation.

I prayed about the situation and God CLEARLY told me not to bombard my way...allow him to cause my gifts to make room for me. I obeyed and just sat in the chairs week after week until my pastor came to me this past Sunday and said that he felt I had an anointing to work the altar and pray for people. I will soon be starting training for ministry. I had thoughts about leaving, just like your husband because honestly, I've always been a worker in the house of the Lord, but thank God I didn't leave because this is my purpose...in this church!

Maybe if you share my story with your husband, he may have a little more patience with the church. Some people are intimidated when people ask to become a part of a ministry...especially if they are new. When you KNOW you are called, it doesn't matter what anyone says...YOU ARE CALLED and no one can stop it or control it. You never know what God is doing behind the scenes. I didn't know that God had showed my pastor some things about me, but he was waiting for timing. If I would have left, I would have left PREmaturely.

I would suggest that the two of you wait it out UNLESS God is leading you to go a different direction. Continue to pray. Your husband may be itching to leave, but rest assure God has a way of keeping him planted. HE IS power...and has the ability to close any door needed to keep him where he needs to be.

I am praying for you...really I am.

Cholette wrote:
I can be touched by this situation...I really can. I just recently became a part of a new church, which I LOVE! The first thing that I was told, when walking through the door, was that the praise team was closed to new singers. I believe I was told this because my friend sings on the team and she was telling the band and singers that she used to sing with me and that I was a praise and worship leader. This intimidated the leader so she quickly made sure I wouldn't be able to join the group. Little does she know, I wasn't looking to join because I wanted to do something different. I know i"m called to do praise and worship, but maybe in a different season in this situation.

I prayed about the situation and God CLEARLY told me not to bombard my way...allow him to cause my gifts to make room for me. I obeyed and just sat in the chairs week after week until my pastor came to me this past Sunday and said that he felt I had an anointing to work the altar and pray for people. I will soon be starting training for ministry. I had thoughts about leaving, just like your husband because honestly, I've always been a worker in the house of the Lord, but thank God I didn't leave because this is my purpose...in this church!

Maybe if you share my story with your husband, he may have a little more patience with the church. Some people are intimidated when people ask to become a part of a ministry...especially if they are new. When you KNOW you are called, it doesn't matter what anyone says...YOU ARE CALLED and no one can stop it or control it. You never know what God is doing behind the scenes. I didn't know that God had showed my pastor some things about me, but he was waiting for timing. If I would have left, I would have left PREmaturely.

I would suggest that the two of you wait it out UNLESS God is leading you to go a different direction. Continue to pray. Your husband may be itching to leave, but rest assure God has a way of keeping him planted. HE IS power...and has the ability to close any door needed to keep him where he needs to be.

I am praying for you...really I am.

:loveit:

I don't have a testimony like Cholette but I was going to say something similar...man can't block God's will in a situation no matter how hard he tries. I agree that your husband may be feeling the brunt of an intimidated worship leader and over time things will change. Is your husband otherwise satisfied with the church? If this is the only issue then wait it out and pray/fast together about it. Then wait for confirmations regarding what God's will is in your situation.

Will be praying for you as well. flower praying

Thanks so much..i feel encouraged!
yes the only reason is because of the refusal to join the worship team, and to help out with the electrical or interpretation section which seems to have problems every other sunday..and this really push him off[/u]... that nothing is done..and i know he is ready to talk his heart out again when the 3pastors visit our home..but i want it to go well with the visit...i dont want it to be topic of discussion but to prayer/counsel for my friend(she will be with us at this meeting) and us concerning our business and other deliverance issues.
I am happy for just one second prayer on this meeting too. and i am really bless that i have brethren so far away. Also thank you for all the other prayer requests you have prayed along with me...i am begining to see some results...
God bless you all! and i love you all!

Thank you all some much for your prayer and advise.
Finally my husband as been ask to play in the music team and to help in the interpretation section. i am so happy...and God bless you all!

Pls pray for his eyes to be WIDE open against exotericism.