Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jasmine

My Mother (this isn't pretty)

So, here's the story: I went to the doctor and he wanted me to use a heating pad every day. And she's asking me if I want her to bring it upstairs, then she said that I better use the heating pad, because she wants me to be better. I was thinking she was going to say something sweet, but she said that this leg problem that I have is costing her financially and she's in a tight budget and doesn't wanna keep spending money, something like that. Her tenant can't pay the security because he has to pay for something else and it's pretty serious. So this month's spending is going to be tight. But why say such a thing. I realize that my injury is a burden to everyone, but why speak about it. Words are powerful and God thinks so too. There's probably a couple of hundred verses in the Bible about using words.

It's a burden on everybody else too
Teacher's- I walk slower when we have to travel around the building.
schoolmates- I walk up and down the stairs slow
gym teacher- i can't do gym
sister- family members can't take us places (we need to take the train) although my sister complains a lot and tells me to suck it up
Mom- i told u already
God- Emotional burden, I don't know what else. God can fill in the blanks.
Me- emotional, frustration, easily tired, pain every day, slight humiliation (i fear school kids are making fun of me), fear of always being like this, discomfort.

I feel as if my mom thinks this problem is a heartache on her wallet. She's complaining about my problem. Another funny thing is that she condones my sister when she complains and here she is now doing the same thing.

BTW: My lateral collateral ligament is sprained, I have increased fluid in my knee, and I have large debris in my knee (i guess stuff chipped off).

Jasmine,

I too have a critical mother who is very condescending to me and treats my brother like he's king, compared to me. Over the years I reacted to it because it mattered to me. Sadly, I didn't know what I know now, but I wish I did.

Pray for your mother and ask God to help your heart because if you don't, you will end up like me...44 years old and working through "mama issues". It's easier to do it at your age so you don't have 30 more years of junk to pile on top of it.

It seems as if your mom is under pressure and when you are under pressure, it comes out in anger and condescending tones. You have to do what you know to do IN GOD so you won't be sensitive to the insults. The less sensitive you become, the less her words will affect you. I no longer see the rudeness of others as THEIR problem...I see it as my own because if it affects me, there is something in me that needs to change.

I will be praying for you. I'm not condoning what your mom is saying to you because her choice of words could be different, but in the event that she doesn't know how to curve what she says to not hurt your feelings, YOU must change how you react to it.

Praying this helps you because it has helped me deal with my own.

Good words, Cholette! thumbs

I also want to encourage you by reminding you of how much God cares for you, you are NEVER a burden to Him!

Psalm 27:10 -
When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take care of me.

1 Peter 5:7 - casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

Ephesians 3:18-21 - that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Matthew 11:28-30 - Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Cholette is So right about those "mom" problems and the other stuff. You don't have so much mom stuff built up at your age. While Yashua was on the cross He asked His Father to forgive those who hurt Him because they did not know what they were doing.
I've been working on blessing those who hurt me with what I want to see in my life, what I want in my life.
Lola put up some really good verses!