Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shany

Spirit of fear and Sleepiness

Please pray for me. I really want to over come my shyness. Its holding me back. I don't like talking in front of people. I'm afraid to approach strangers. How am I suppose to witness if I am too scared to approach anyone. Every time I go to pick up my bible to study and read a heavy spirit of sleep comes over me, for every time. The longest I have stayed up to read and study is 30 minutes. I am tired of being held back. Please pray for me to overcome these spirits.

Shany,

Trust in the Lord. He will give you the words to say at the moment you need them. You can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens you.

Also regarding Bible Study. Be faithful even if it is just 30 minutes. Just ask the Lord to keep you alert and focused on his message he wants you to receive from him and to show you how to apply that to every day life. The enemy just wants to discourage you. You can do it. Just 30 minutes each day and ask the Lord for increase in time once you develop a habit. It only takes 21 days to develop it. I pray this has been of help to you.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

AMEN to what Connie said!!!

I want to let you know that I used to be shy and afraid of people (it may be hard for some people here to believe that). It was the rejection and abandonment i experienced in my life as a child. As I grew in the Lord, that shyness and fear left me...and I can't even tell you when it happened. One day I looked up and I was as bold as a lion. I didn't care what anyone thought, nor did I hold back on how I felt. There is something about the Word of God getting down inside of us that causes change.

As Connie stated, take those 30 minutes that you read and make the best of it. The one thing I've done with my life is I took the pressure off of myself to read the Word. What i mean by that is...I ask the Holy Spirit to "Draw Me". I no longer "force feed" myself the Word, because just the way we are uncomfortable being force fed REAL food, it's the same feeling with the Word of God...if we are really honest. Yes, we are suppose to read the Word of God, but it does us NO GOOD when it's forced. God doesn't love us any less if we don't read. As you are "wooed" and drawn into God's Word, you will develop a desire and an appetite for it where you WON'T fall asleep because you will look forward to reading the loving words of your Heavenly Father. This advice comes from someone who used to fall asleep as well. When I didn't fall asleep, my mind would wonder. When I started asking the Holy Spirit to draw me, he did it at the most perfect times and was able to illuminate the Word to me, which grabbed my attention immediately.

I will be praying for you...

Dearest sister, I know of many righteous and not so righteous who won't give 5 minutes of their time to reading the Word of God. Yet here you are faithful and truly desiring the sincere milk of the word of God. Fear not loved one of the most high God, for he is with you and loves you so much. I am honored to be able to lift your request unto a father whom already knows your desire, Jesus bless you abundantly.

Blessed heavenly father in the name of Jesus, I come before you to praise you father for your wonderful works about to unfold in this sister’s life. Glory be magnified in her life regarding her walk with you, may she know peace and receive Joy within your loving presence, bless her with wisdom and give unto her understanding of thy will in her life. Lord I ask that you quicken her spiritually with thy Holy Spirit fill her father to overflowing in the name of Jesus. I thank you for healing within her life, bless her indeed lord in the name of Jesus Gods glory be abundant in your walk with Jesus, Amen

happy dance Glory Be To God happy dance