Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
writer4him

Please Pray for Families Experiencing Abuse

I didn't know how widespread this problem was until the Lord revealed to me the truth of my own situation. By the time most of us realize what to call it, the damage has been done and the healing process is not an easy one for the adult and children.

Sometimes we are encouraged to practice "tough love" in those situations but only the repentant heart responds to loving correction. A hardened heart will simply try new tactics to regain control of the situation. In those cases, it is so important that fleeing spouses receive support from their church families. Who is going to enter the court room to support that emotionally-scarred mate who's forced to face her abuser in child support battles after she seeks aid from government agencies because financial resources have been stolen in retaliation for the separation? What about when the children who have observed and learned wrong patterns of behavior begin to be abusive towards one another and/or their parent?

It's all well and good that we promise to pray for one another, that's what we are supposed to do. I would add that intercession sometimes requires personal involvement in situations that are not pretty.

I agree with what you've posted. God has sent a few people in my direction that match the description here. You are right, it's good to pray, but "hands on" encouragment is that extra dose of love that is needed. It takes patience and strength, depending on the situation, but the rewarding feeling one receives when you see the fruit of it is priceless...

Thanks for you post...

Standing in agreement with you. I really have a soft spot in my heart for those going through this type of situation. I will be standing in agreement with you.

Love in Jesus,

Connie