Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jasmine

My suicidal friend

One of my internet friends is suicidal. He's beginning to cool down, but pray he doesn't feel worse. Please pray. There's only so many things that I can do. I'm not there physically.

I will Jasmine!!! Please keep us posted on his progress! Lord Jesus I thank you so much for the spirit of POWER, LOVE, AND SOUND MIND (emotions included) to be upon this young man! Thank praying praying praying praying praying for reaching down, and covering this young man with your peace that surpasses ALL understanding and knowledge! praying praying

He's better, but now I think he has a crush on me. :( I'm not interested.

How do I let him down easy? He's extremely fragile. ANYTHING can set him off and this time he wouldn't be able to run to me.

Life is good, because Jesus loves me! I just love that! I agree with Cholette. Be careful there but being honest in a soft way can bridge the gap....along with the Holy Spirit there to guide you.

Love in Jesus,

Connie praying praying praying

How old is your friend sweetie?? Is there anyone that you can get in contact with (his family etc) that you could inform that he is having these kinds of tendencies?? I think it may be time for some professional help for him...better safe than sorry. This is just a thought of mine, I would be interested to see what the moderators have to say about this?

He's 12 and I don't know his family. I'll suggest it to him when I speak to him.

Don't do anything at this time Jasmine...just pray and ask the Holy Spirit to get involved. He can turn his heart away from you and it will be all HIS IDEA and not yours. This way it won't be any pressure on you. God can do this...I've seen it happen in a situation I was involved with. He's faithful!!!

Alright, but can i still talk to him to get his mind off of hurting himself.

Jasmine,

I think it is good to be his friend. Pray the Lord will change this boys feelings toward you. Sometimes this is just an infatuation and passes on its own. I would make sure I do nothing to encourage any romantic feelings but support him as a friend. I have been in that situation many times. I am standing in agreement with you.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Dove-Solutions wrote:

I have been in that situation many times.

Whooooohooooooo!!!! Goooo Miss Connie!!! lol!

This boy still like me. Trying to keep him alive is causing me stress. I don't mean to be selfish, but I am in the process of being diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and depression. I am trying to convince him to get more help but he won't. He's asking for too much from me. He tries to contact me everyday and when I'm busy he complains about how he is all alone and that we'll never speak again. He doesn't know how much I'm sacrificing. My sister is sobbing now because I'm paying attention to Danny more than her. I know he is going through a lot and I am trying to be his friend but I am not sufficient. I tell him to run to God but he doesn't. He needs real help, but he insists that I'm his last hope. I don't know what to tell him anymore.

Jasmine,

Your right, your not sufficient. Only God can be sufficient. Amen Have you talked to him about God in his situation? Since you have his ear that is something you can talk to him about. It is good therapy for his soul and at the same time diverts his attention to someone other than you. praiseGod Tell him how much he is loved by the Lord and how the Lord sacrificed himself that he may live and live it to full. You see what I mean the topic is on God. :hallelujah: In this way you also help him find God and trust God due to your own testimony about him. Bringing him closer to the Lord is where you want him to be. :praiseg-d: Just remember we plant the seed....let the Lord do the work.

I pray this helps,

Love in Jesus,

Connie

I keep trying to tell him about God but he still views me as his reason to live or his way out.

Okay now he's getting creepy. My best friend, Ashley, and I were talking and Danny was messaging both of us. The all of a sudden he tells her that he trusts her. They barely know each other. They've only had one conversation before this. They did not talk about anything personal. When she told me what he said, I confronted him and he admitted it proudly. He said he could sense who he can trust. From experience I know Ashley won't be able to handle him. She's online less than I am because of technical issues. Danny doesn't know that so he'll think she's ignoring him. I also explained to him that she's not the type of person to know what to do or say with someone as heavily burdened as he is. They haven't talked since that (it was a few days ago). I'm getting suspicious what is he trying to do?

Okay so now he has finally realized he really needs God. YAY! Any tips on how to lead him in the right direction.

Just ask him if he is sincere about his desire for Christ to be a part of his life and if he is then lead him in a prayer. You pray first and have him repeat after you. Something like this:

Lord,

I am so sorry for all I have done to sin against you...I thank you that you paid the price for my sins and I ask you know into my heart to live and reign. Teach me your ways Lord and fill me with your Spirit that I may discern the ways of God and live according to you plan and purpose for my life. In Jesus name we pray, amen.

Then get him a bible...even if it is just the new testament. Something he can sink his teeth into. Then leave it up to God. Pray for him and invite him to church but go with a friend. Like Cholette said before ask the Holy Spirit to guide you each step of the way and trust me he will. You can do it Jasmine...with God all things are possible.

Love in Jesus,

Connie