Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
runner

troubled teenager

My youngest child is 17 boy. He has been falling further in to drugs and alcohol. He ran away several months ago, and when he returned, we put him in to treatment for 46 days. He is newly clean, and now has picked up the old habits again.
My heartache is almost unbearable at times. I have had so many confirmations from the Lord concerining him. Prophetic words spoken over his life that God is breaking the addiction, he will be a man of God , etc.
All I see is a broken child. My husband keeps telling me to detach, I dont know how to do that, I am a mother.
Any advice?

The main thing that I can tell you is to keep praying and continue to hold on to God's promise. If God said it, then it is! Don't give up on him! It doesnt matter what the circumstances or situation looks like, he will be free of his addiction in Jesus' name. Start confessing the Word over him whenever you think of him, and just stand strong. Tough love is in order...don't allow him to do anything in your house, and don't give him any money, take your car, nothing that will help him particiapte in his habit....God bless you. God is Jehovah Rapha, what is he going through now was taken care of on the cross.....

Amen Lovelywomanofvirtue...

I would also like to add that as parents we have to look beyond what we see. How I do that is I picture my son walking with the Lord and in his call and purpose. I literally daydream and it brings a smile to my face. Sometimes its so real that I forget he's NOT walking with the Lord right now. God promised me some things about him and I'm holding Him to it...not just because He said it, but because HE IS MY SON'S FATHER. I know that because my son belongs to God first, I can hold on to what he said despite of what I see. God is real...God is good...TRUST!

Hi runner~Im sorry to hear about this challenging situation. I will truly be praying for you, your family, and your son! praying My family has struggled very much with addictions. Its so hard to watch people you love hurt themselves over and over. Once your son is once again freshly sober again (which he WILL be), I think a huge key to anyone who struggles in this area is to encourage them to make new friends. It seemed with certain family members of mine that tried to get clean, everytime they went back to their old friends it sucked them back into the addiction cycle again. I think its nearly impossible to stay straight without making some major changes with who they surround themselves with. It makes me think of this scripture...

Luke 5:37
And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.

Is there a strong spirit filled youth or young adult group near you, of which he could start getting involved in once he is clean again?? I think these steps could help him rebuild a NEW life. Just my thoughts...plz update us on his progress so we can pray accordingly. God bless you!