Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jasmine

How do I get peace in the midst of anxiety?

I battle anxiety everyday to the point that I miss school so much. I need help. I need you guys and gals to pray for me. I feel as if everyday is one more step to the mental hospital for the fourth time!

Dear Jasmine,
you will be battling anxiety as long as you see yourself any different than the way YOU ARE ALREADY through the finished work of Jesus Christ. You can't be in peace and be anxious at the same time. It's impossible. Being anxious is not knowing who you are. It's like an identity crisis. Being in peace means knowing your true identity. So don't even waste your time trying to figure out how to be in peace in the middle of being anxious. It's an illusion, it's impossible. Instead know who you already are and be it.

When man (mankind) fell in the garden, they did not just sin. They got CUT OFF the source of Life and Love (which is God).
We got cut off of WHO WE WERE CREATED TO BE. We were created in His Image. This does not mean simply that we have a head, a body, two arms, legs etc. This means we were created to LOVE others (not being afraid of them, trying to meet their expectations or expecting them to be our source of love, satisfaction, justification etc) just like He does.
How can we love others without receiving love first? We can't. If you and I don't see ourselves the way we already ARE - RESTORED in our ORIGINAL relationship with God, having HIM as the Source of Love, knowing who we already are and not trying to become, it won't matter at all what anyone else tells us we are or are not. If they are not seeing what God is seeing it's because they are still in the darkness. If they are giving anything other then love, it means they are in deep inward anguish themselves. Not because you failed them in any way. Not because you haven't met their expectations or did not measure up.
You don't have to STRIVE or do anything to measure up because you already ARE what you were created to be though what Jesus did on the Cross. You already ARE His Righteousness, which by the way doe not mean doing the right things all the time. Righteousness means "AS YOU SHOULD BE", it means being HIS CHILD, HIS DAUGHTER.
That's how God sees you. Why do people give you anxiety? Because you believe them when they say you are less than perfect? Why would you believe this? DON'T!
Don't wake up in the morning trying to meet someone's expectations. Wake up to be His DAUGHTER!
This does not mean being ignorant to others. This means - give them love because your source of Love is your Father God. He's got plenty of it for you. Let it IN! And once you do, it will saturate you and flow out of you and start touching others. Love them instead of putting them into the position of being the barometers of who you are and how you do. Then even the idea of being anxious would be silly :-) There simply won't be any ground for it?
Jasmine, you don't need anything other than seeing yourself God's way. You don't need to strive, fight, prove anything to anyone, God or yourself. IT IS FINISHED!

Father, I ask you to touch Jasmine, Your precious daughter and surround her with Your overwhelming Shalom! Father, I thank You for Jasmine, Jesus, I thank You for paying the perfect price and restoring her into who she was created to be. I ask You, Lord, to touch her and open her eyes on who she is in You.
I speak over Jasmine that she sees and understands that His perfect Love flows into her and that she already IS perfect in Your eyes, Lord. Amen!

By believing what the Bible says about you instead of what you feel about you or who you think you are or what others are saying about you.

You get yourself rooted and grounded in His Truth by practicing it instead of just keeping it i your mind, as mere head knowledge. Mere knowledge never saved anyone. BEING what we believe God says we are saves us.

We have to stop putting ourselves in the center of the universe and make everything else including God spin around us. We have to put Jesus in the center and everything else will fall into its proper place.

What many Christians do (which included me as well) is we try to incorporate God into our lives instead of being who we are in Him. These are not just words. This has to become not our second nature, but our ONLY nature. We weren't created for ourselves. We were created for Him. So we have to die to ourselves. And it's not scary, not difficult, it does not hurt, does not offend. Instead this is the most wonderful, great, beautiful, fulfilling and peaceful experience that can happen to anyone.
As long as its about us, we will always have a big red target mark on our backs. People will always hurt and offend us and we would spend our whole time defending ourselves and dodging these bullets of offense, fear, anxiety, frustration :-(

That's only because we don't know who we are. We think we are our own and once we accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior, our life will just become a bit better and easier. This is such a lie. This is exactly why so many Christians are bitter and disappointed. They feel like God did not meet their expectations when He did not shield them from people when they weren't nice to them. While the whole time the only part of them that was hurting and being offended was the part that needed to die - their self-centered part that was never supposed to be there to begin with. It came in through man's fall and when mankind died to who we were created to be - in the Image of God and took on the false image, false nature of self-seeking, self-centered satan.
I understand it sounds pretty harsh, but we have to face the reality and stop being lullabied into some sort of illusions that we can continue being who we are not supposed to be and know the fullness of life. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!
Jasmine, you were created to be in the Image and LIKENESS of God who is LOVE and through the death and resurrection of Jesus you've become this person.
Once you BELIEVE THIS which is not hard at all, you just need to live it out. Just keep reminding yourself about this truth when ever you feel like feeling or acting contrary of that. If someone says something mean to you, claiming you did not measure up or did not meat certain expectations, just inside remind yourself that this is not true, that you already ARE all you are suppose dot be, you are RIGHTEOUSNESS of Jesus (can't get any better than that! :-) ) and all you would give back is love and compassion of Jesus to the very person who just was mean to you.
I understand it takes practice, but when is better time to start other than now?
What I do when these lying thoughts and feelings start to creep in, I just stop and think - THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME! I don't live for me, I live for Him. I AM HIM living through me. Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
When this stinky voice says I do not deserve it, I remind myself that I was not saved for my own sake, but for God's sake and who I am and what I have done has NOTHING to do with it and PEACE rules in me :-)

Hope this helps.
Many blessings!

Another thing I wanted to add. Kind of practical advice. Think of what things are causing you to get anxious. I remember you mentioned your teacher at school being too particular about details.
So what's going to happen if for some reason you fail to meet her high expectations? Is she going to think less of you? If so, ask yourself, is it HER opinion or God's opinion? You know what God's opinion about you is - you are His beloved, very own daughter for who He sent His Son to die on the Cross.
Then whose opinion would really matter to you? Whose opinion will you allow to determine how to feel about yourself, what to believe about yourself? God's or another human being's who, by the way, most likely is not even walking in His Light and is blinded to even her own identity?

And even further, would her opinion determine how you'd act toward her? Or would the fact that not you, but Christ living in you and through you determine you giving her back anything by Christ's Love?
Because we don't live this life to justify ourselves (thus has already been done by our Lord), but to love others.

I hope you don't mind, but I was reminded of this scripture and I feel it's very important that I mention it as well.
Philippians 2:13: [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight." (Amplified Bible - my emphasis added) Isn't it awesome?!
This takes us (our own human power) completely out of the picture. I LOVE this! This means we totally can be everything God created us to be because it's not even us who will be doing it all. It's ALL HIM! Both to will and to perform. All we have to do is yield ourselves to Him completely. Even when we don't quite understand, just yield and ask, He will put the desire in your heart to go after it, He will give you Grace to be able to be who you are in Him, He will give you complete thorough understanding of who you are and how things work.

I know it works, as I put it to real life test. I am listening to His Word preached and as the Living Power of His Word being preached is coming inside of me and working in me through Grace I am noticing a huge change in me. For example even compared to yesterday, I get into situations that only yesterday would drive me nuts. I mean I'd go ballistic over these things, I know me. Today I am completely immovable :-) Does not bother me a slightest bit :-) I can't even begin to tell you what an awesome feeling this is to just be at total peace where I know before I'd lose it in a second. Praise God!

Here's a trick though. When you do hear these teachings, your intention could be:
1) to hear them for your knowledge only , sort of FYI or
2) to receive them and put them into action by and through His Grace. And this makes huge difference! This makes all the difference in the world actually. Whatever your intention is towards His Word, it will go there and stay there.

Of course #1) can always be reverted to #2) but I personally would always go for #2) right away :-). I don't have a single day to lose.

Tons of blessings!!

Jasmine,

I had crippling anxiety and panic attacks as a result of being hit by a car at 17 but God totally restored me from that through dreams.

Do you record your dreams?

Mia

Try to record them all. Especially the menial ones and then post them in this thread and I will try to work with you.

Next question: How intimate are you with God? When I ask that I mean, Have there been times when you know without a doubt that you've heard from Him?

I'm not as close to God as I used to be. And sometimes her specks to me but I don't know if it it's him or not

That is probably going to be your answer. I'm going to write up my experience and we can go from there.