Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jasmine

I need help with one of my friends. I need quick advice.

I need some help in the love department. Some Christian help. This guy I like is sending me mixed messages. I think he's playing it safe until he hang out. We only know each other from over the phone and Facebook. My best friend introduced us and they went to middle school together. I went to school with my best friend. They go way back. Before we liked each other from the start. I knew he liked me but what kept him from admitting it was that we had never met. Then he had to go to the Dominican Republic because of family issues. Jason came along, broke my heart and now I'm back to this guy. He told me bestie that he still likes me and even asked her if I felt the same way. When I was in the hospital the third time he wanted to call my mom to see if I was okay. Then all of a sudden he acted like he could get any girl. He gets it from his other friends. He forgot how to treat a lady. Anyway, we tried hanging out but something always got in the way. My third hospitalization, my mother's own plans, Hurricane Sandy. When I told him and his friend I didn't like him, he sounded very sad. I confronted him about the way he's been treating me and he apologized. Now we are trying to rebuild our friendship. What do I do? I don't want to give up on him.

hi jasmine... not sure what to say here except id be very careful... boys can be very immature, i had a guy once act like he loved me, .... could be with me forever etc.. then 1 thing set him off b/c of his ego and he just got real mean.. luckly the Lord warned me in advance.. so i never trusted him to begin with...but still he said so many wonderful lovely things. but true colors came out...

so PLEASE... be careful.. seek the Lord and let God be your BEST friend, He'll never let you down and He'll always be on time. Also, i would not tell anyone what your true feelings are...if he wants to say anything go ahead, but action's speak louder than words.. you can be nice but dont say anything that reveals too much..

just my thoughts,,,,
GOd bless you..

About him, no. But I have a feeling I'm going to have to chose him or the one I have dreams about. Give me one sec while I find the link with all the dreams I've had about this other guy.

Jasmine,
It is December and I am seeing your post for the first time. So, this may be way to late.

I am 58 years old with lots of dating experience. I just had this same conversation with my best friend's daughter.

One thing that you must memorize and never forget: Guys and Girls treat each other one way when they first meet and then get progressively worse as the relationship goes along because they start to show their true colors when they become closer...or let their guard down.

So here is the thing....you haven't even met him yet. If he is treating you badly, it will get worse as you get to know him. You need to meet someone who bends over backwards for you from the start....it won't last....but should not be as bad as someone who treats you badly from the start. Men/boys hate working on relationships. We are a conquest in their eyes. Once they think that they have you....the fun is over. So, you have to keep them on their toes....and that also means keeping a distance between the two of you if you know what I mean....don't give yourself away. Trust is not built in a day or a week and sometimes not even in a year. Trust takes time....and that is what you should be doing...taking your time.

Also, don't date just one person when you are young....it is too easy to get serious and tied down. You should play the field and have fun....keeping that distance between you and the man/boy. They are all after one thing...sex. Do not give into that urge no matter how many promises that they make. They are not talking with their brains...they are talking with their hormones....and most likely so are you....so acknowledge that and stay safe. HTHs.