Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
windwaker

old law and being under grace need help understanding

ok now jesus said i have not come to destroy the law but fufill it. so in romans it says that we are not under the law but under grace. so i have made a conclusion that we still live by the old law but we are not affected by it because we are under grace, i need advice on this because this is very interesting to me and i think i got it but im not sure.

When Jesus went to the cross and did all that He did, he fulfilled the law and all of its requirements. This means that the penalties that come from the law was satisfied through His sacrifice at the cross.

The resurrection of Christ gave us Grace...which means we have His divine ability to not give into sin. The thing is, the grace message has been twisted and people feel like they can live any way and not have repercussions...not true. You are IN grace when you face your temptations of sin thru God's ability.

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Cor 12:9)

I hope this helps...

thats sorta what i was thinking because i was watching a program on tv from a pastor that says the old law is done with and we dont live by it anymore or something, thats what made me dig into this

because i started to think about the lambs and the goats sermon from jesus and other things that still shows that, and thanks for the reply