Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
astra

Situation At Work

Hi everyone,
I would like to ask you for an advice for a situation at work. I have a new co-worker who has been there for about 6 months. I am her supervisor. The problem is she is overstepping her boundaries every once in a while, stirs things up and I am left dealing with situations.
Today was one of these situations. I had to tell her (using all the kindness I was capable of) to not do it. I did not get through to her at all. She got even pushier.
I am not sure how to let her know that she is overstepping her boundaries without being totally blunt. I know she has some issues with needing to always be right and proving it to everyone.
We already have a huge problem with a very mean boss (owner) and I don't want to add to the tension. But I do need to resolve it somehow. Doing it nicely is just not working. She won't back off. I don't want to "pet" her problem, but at the same time I'd like to built her up instead of tearing her down, but don't know how to do it.
I am pretty clueless as to what to do. Help, please ?!

hmmm well your a superviser for a reason, ,i think she is testing ur bounderies to see wat she can get away with, :hmm: its unfortanate that you have a mean boss,  :hmm: i think u gonna have to be blunt, remember ur at work, not preskool. ,,her actions is demanding a boundry from you,  nerd jobs are hard to come by, perhaps you kuyd remind her of that,  idea ,,,

I think you're right. I'll word it carefully and try to stay cool :-) but would have to tell her the way it is. Hopefully this will be enough.

Thank you!