Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Proof of God

Way Off on Carrie

Dreamster thinks my replies to Carrie are way off because she is still married.   I understand his very valid concerns and can imagine he is not the only one who has these thoughts so we should discuss it.

She is in the process of divorce.

I told her that I believe her dreams are literal and they are about her future love.

The reasons I believe this is because that's what her dreams are saying to me.

The other reason is that I dreamed of my future spouse while I was still 100% married to a man who eventually cheated.

Let's have a discussion about why we think God would not give us these kinds of dreams while we are still married to someone else.

Mia Sherwood wrote:
Let's have a discussion about why we think God would not give us these kinds of dreams while we are still married to someone else.

This is a tricky one. I usually stay away from marriage-type dreams to begin with - mostly due to being single, myself.

There's ways to look at it from either angle. For why He wouldn't give those dreams? Probably because His ideal is for the marriage to not end in divorce - that there would be restoration. So, you could say that a dream that points to something otherwise would direct the dreamer's focus on the next life event rather than working to restore the relationship that they're in.

As to why He would give such a dream? Because He knows the end, already. He shares the future to comfort and give hope, and if the marriage is that far gone, then such a dream may be the best medicine to someone suffering through it.

Good answers. Exactly what I would have said.

I had dreams of a new engagement ring while I was still married, repeatedly. Then, I dreamed of getting married again. When I had the dream of being married again I was still happyish and focused on my marriage.  I was hoping the new diamond ring was from my husband.  Alas, it was not and it was actually quite disturbing at the time to dream that I was going to marry someone else. I chose to believe they were symbolic instead of facing that they may be literal.

My position is this:  If He gives dreams in advance of this nature, who am I to act all holy and not be happy for the person when that is the topic of the dream:  Their future happiness.

From the position of onlookers do you think my responses to Carrie are detrimental to this ministry?

I had to go and read it through a few times since I hadn't given the thread my full attention until now.

To an onlooker, there's a lot that's not explained. Perhaps a post from you in that thread that's addressed to would-be readers explaining where you're coming from. Someone could stumble into the thread and walk away thinking that the interpretation is encouraging the divorce, etc.

Sounds good to me. Its a good teaching moment to clear up the confusion because I am not condoning divorce whatsoever.