Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bee1

2010 Chat - January (part 5)

inu-kijo wrote:
Oh well Billy Idol is a much better choice then! I know him!!! ♥️

Laughing tanya that girl has a nice tushie!! : D
HAHAHAHA
reminds me a bit of like... sound of music type of musicals.

no nerves here, we are both excited to no end!!!!

that girl is Doris Day ........ he he he he

I have the Billy Idol version playing right now .... I remember it ....

The Billy Idol song is one of my fave driving songs, or singing out loud full blast when I'm on my own

The music video, featuring Idol attending a gothic wedding, is one of his best-known videos. The bride in the music video is played by Perri Lister,
Idol's real-life girlfriend at the time. In a memorable scene from the
video, Idol forces the wedding ring onto the bride's finger and cuts
her knuckle. Lister insisted that her knuckle actually be cut in order
for the scene to appear more realistic. MTV initially removed this
scene from the video.[2] The video was filmed in a real church outside of London. The MTV-edited version of the video is included on the DVD portion of The Very Best of Billy Idol: Idolize Yourself CD/DVD package.
[edit] Other versions and appearances

The song has been covered by Murderdolls, Ten Masked Men, Ardor (of Tanzwut), Deathstars, Doro, Rowland S. Howard on his album Teenage Snuff Film, Sentenced, Aiden, The Way of All Flesh. Kayvon Zand, Whip, The House Jacks, and the band Queens of the Stone Age on their 2007 album Era Vulgaris as a B-Side. Additionally, the ska band Umbrella Bed covered it on their album "King Size." Serbian punk rock band KBO! recorded a version on their 2001 cover album (Ne) Menjajte Stanicu ((Do Not) Change The Station). Post-hardcore band Aiden recorded a version of White Wedding for Kerrang!s cover CD High Voltage!: A Brief History of Rock and on their EP Rain In Hell. Part of it is included in Franz Ferdinand's cover of Gwen Stefani's "What You Waiting For?". The song has also been covered by Nightmare of the Elf. Also, the gothic rock/steampunk band Abney Park recorded a cover on their 2005 album Taxidermy.
"White Wedding" was featured on the fictional radio station K-DST in the video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. It has been featured in the 1998 film, The Wedding Singer and the TV series, My Name Is Earl. It was also sung by Eva Avila, in the 2006 Canadian Idol show 80's Hits and by Toby Rand on the finale of the television show Rockstar: Supernova. It was also featured in the skate video CKY.
The line, "It's a nice day to start again", was featured on the sticker on the front of Billy's 2005 comeback album, Devil's Playground.
The song was remixed as (Trashcan Jack vs Billy Idol) "Club Wedding" (Frenetic) under Digital Dog's Jack Rokka guise. It has appeared on numerous dance compilations such as Wild Bassline (CD02 Mixed by Brooklyn Bounce) and Clubland 12.
The song is included in the video games Rock Band 2, Rock Band Unplugged, Guitar Hero Van Halen and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The Web site DustFilms.com features a "literal video" version of
this song, with parody lyrics describing the actual events taking place
in the video.

That is not saying a whole lot child ......... Many things were before your time .....

inu-kijo wrote:
well would have to say that video is before my time.

: D

You're a mere youth, but don't you worry, you have your aunties here to guide you ROFL

Every day IMOM and I Bikkiepeg someone famous (our pet name for Wikipedia) so today I've checked out Billy Idol

William Michael Albert Broad (30 November 1955), better known as Billy Idol, is an English rock musician. He first achieved fame in the punk rock era as a member of the band Generation X. He then embarked on a successful solo career, aided by a series of stylish music videos, making him one of the first MTV stars. Idol continues to tour with guitarist Steve Stevens and has a worldwide fan base.

//if (window.showTocToggle) { var tocShowText = "show"; var tocHideText = "hide"; showTocToggle(); }
//]]>

[edit] Biography

[edit] Early life and career

Idol was born in Stanmore, Middlesex, the son of a salesman.[1] He attended Tideway School in Newhaven, Sussex. The name Billy Idol was inspired by a schoolteacher's description of Broad as "idle".[2] His family emigrated to the United States in 1958, but returned to the U.K. in 1962.[1] Idol lived in Worthing(Thackeray
Road, it's said) whilst attending Northbrook College of Art for a
photography Diploma course, unfortunately lasting only one year. He
then went on to join the Bromley Contingent of Sex Pistols fans. Idol first joined the punk rock band Siouxsie & the Banshees (before the band had decided on that name) in 1976, but soon quit and joined Chelsea in 1977 as a guitarist. However, he and Chelsea bandmate Tony James soon quit that group and co-founded Generation X, with Idol switching from guitarist to lead singer.
Generation X signed to Chrysalis Records and released three albums and performed in the 1980 film, D.O.A., before disbanding. Idol moved to New York in 1981 and began working as a solo artist working with Steve Stevens, Phil Feit and Steve Missal, for Billy's debut solo album titled "Billy Idol" that was released in July 1982. He instantly became an MTV staple with "White Wedding" and "Dancing with Myself". The latter had originally been recorded with Generation X.
In 1983, in an effort to introduce Idol to American audiences not yet as familiar with him as those in England, Idol's label released "Dancing With Myself" in the U.S. in conjunction with a music video (directed by Tobe Hooper, produced by Jeffrey Abelson, and conceptualised by Keith Williams)
that played in heavy rotation on MTV for six months. That video, in
fact, sparked a new era of feature film directors trying their hand at
music videos. Along with "White Wedding," the "Dancing With Myself" and
"Eyes Without A Face" videos helped make Idol a household name in
America.

In the 2001 recording of VH1 Storytellers,
Idol rejects the rumour that "White Wedding" was a "nasty put down"
directed at his sister for thinking that getting married was the answer
to getting pregnant. He said her wedding was simply inspiration for the
song, which quickly took on its own form. Years after the video, Idol's sister is still married with three children.

There's more!

I didn't know he was born not far from where we live now.

Laughing younger than you guys, but feel like I am both of your ages put together!

This is the great thing about Bikkiepegging people

Fleiss sold her Beverly Hills home on Tower Grove, where she lived next door to musician Billy Idol,

Heidi Fleiss was just on Celebrity Big Brother over here Laughing

It's amazing where it all leads you...

Heidi Fleiss is on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew over here right now.

time has not done that woman nay justice.

We just need to get you well and you will be feeling like a young whipper snapper again!!

WB BG ......

Gill .... I love wiki ....... it is so much fun!!

whipper snapper HAHAHAHAHA!

just need to get better in the next couple of weeks, so i can make a successful trip south!!!

Hey BG, do ya wanna go ahead and switch our siggies, or you wanna wait til later?

OH!

and if anyone has or has seen some cool Thanksgiving/Christmas rooms, I would love it if they shared!

i think i may steal a couple of cycloped snowmen from one house.....

*sing song voice* miiiiiiind reeeeeadeeeeer!!!

ok will go do that now!!!

*skips away* (you know in her head... not physically. HAHA!)

inu-kijo wrote:
Heidi Fleiss is on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew over here right now.

time has not done that woman nay justice.

There were blind items on the media gossip websites over here, at the start of CBB - one of the contestants was rumoured to be - how shall I put this? let's say more in the vicinity of the ceiling than the floor, due to 'substances'

The really strange one was Stephen Baldwin. I only watched a couple of episodes, it's too boring.

Anyway they're both out now.

Hiya BG.

inu-kijo wrote:
*sing song voice* miiiiiiind reeeeeadeeeeer!!!

ok will go do that now!!!

*skips away* (you know in her head... not physically. HAHA!)

Lol, couldn't help that one ; )
I could see you skip away :p

Zoonie wrote:
Hiya BG.

Morning Zoonie, how are you?

I watch them sometimes when there is nothing else on.

Hey guess what?

I HAVE A WIFEY NOW!

Bg, does it bother you the blue i put look almost exactly like the forum blue??

if so I can make it a different colour. Didn't notice it until i posted it here......

Morning all

Happy wedding day!!!

I'll be back later I have some shopping to do, then some chores in the office...don't go away I'll BRB xx

Hey have you seen the 'wifey' underneath my avvie? :p

Just noticed the 'Divorced' and 'Widowed' option too : /

I'm fine thanks BG, suffering today with a bad connection though.
Trying to tag photos, find photos, change Zoonie (he's gone for his Elvis outfit at the moment Laughing I might have to have a word with him!

And, then I need to check out the gift thread, and also I didn't remember Lucky Strike's birthday yesterday Sad

PLease dont die or leave me!

Laughing WIFEY!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!

HI DAWN!

Ok, I am running late with all the fun, have to leave for now, when i come back i need to send hunt prizes out too, now that I think about it.

Oooh BG, go to my facebook and check out Chupa's pics! what a stylish DJ!!!!

See you all in a bit!

Sorry, too amazed at the moment (Dawn if you are here, it's because of you sweetie!!!)

Zoonie, sorry for the bad connection!

Love the WIFEY congratulations Always found that funny :p
I won't ever leave you (nor die!)
Going to check it out (really no idea to do what first :p )

Zoonie wrote:
I'm fine thanks BG, suffering today with a bad connection though.
Trying to tag photos, find photos, change Zoonie (he's gone for his Elvis outfit at the moment Laughing I might have to have a word with him!

And, then I need to check out the gift thread, and also I didn't remember Lucky Strike's birthday yesterday Sad

you and me both Gill ...I just genuinely forgot AshamedAshamed Real life took over for the day !!

quick good morning and big CONGRATULATION to our lucky couple

BEE!!!! How are you today??

Hi Audrey!! Glad that you dropped by today...

Bee, Paige, Tiph and Audrey, oh and I missed Dawn! Hi All.

Audrey I feel bad about that - so many birthdays though, the wedding,
my competitions, the C&G Gift Registry, connection issues and then real life as well, I need a lie down congratulations

Tiphphinne wrote:
Hi everyone *waves* WOHOO for the newly married couple!!

Tiph, your link says not found, I wonder what the matter is with that?
I promised you the help link, let me go and quote it for you.

Thank you Tiph and Bee

sorry, am caught in several things at the moment

Toulouse wrote:
Sorry, too amazed at the moment (Dawn if you are here, it's because of you sweetie!!!)

Zoonie, sorry for the bad connection!

Love the WIFEY congratulations Always found that funny :p
I won't ever leave you (nor die!)
Going to check it out (really no idea to do what first :p )

I'm here....and I love to amaze, but please tell me this time I have no idea why????

TanyaRC wrote:
BEE!!!! How are you today??

Hi Audrey!! Glad that you dropped by today...

so sorry ...I forgot to say good morning everyone ...bad manners I know Ashamed

So ...Good Morning everyone ..how are we all today? I'm going to nip out in a bit for some fresh air ..haven't been out the house since last Friday!!

Tiph.

How to add your facebook link

icon_p11.gif by lea75 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:08 pm+
----
-

Go to your facebook profile page and copy the link in the address bar.
Come back into PSFC and click on the profile tab at the top of the page.
Scroll down until you come to contact info, and then paste your link into the facebook slot.

Dont forget to click save.

If you are still having probelms then please leave a message here, and we will do our best to help

You also need to go into your privacy settings, contact information and make sure you have add as friend set as everyone.

Bee I slightly amended your post from the last thread as it was at the top of every page in this thread, hope you don't mind

Hi Dawn!!

Audrey ,..... I would be going stir crazy ....... I have to atleast go out and see my kitties ....

Gill ..... I am up to 17 diff and I am not even half way through the picture ..... you wicked woman .... congratulations

Awww! Sorry everyone, I wanted to stay a while but work calls I'm afraid, I'll try and pop back at lunch xx

Zoonie wrote:
Bee, Paige, Tiph and Audrey, oh and I missed Dawn! Hi All.

Audrey I feel bad about that - so many birthdays though, the wedding,
my competitions, the C&G Gift Registry, connection issues and then real life as well, I need a lie down congratulations

Hi Gill Smile

and hello to everyone Smile

Good morning and I need a fast Gill catch up here... (or anyone) Has the wedding happened? Did Kijo find out anything at the Dr? A million questions that I can't think of