Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bee1

2010 Chat - January (part 5)

i wish they had made more Australian stuff this week, and then done heaps of Scottish stuff next week Sad

Toulouse wrote:
Morning Paige! How are you?

Sweetie how are you today? Had a good weekend?

And I spotted Tanya too!! How are you?

Gud thanks , enjoying the happiness of getting 60 extra points for scrubbing and brushing inactive pets hehe congratulations hru?

this is it Paige ... and it is not any bigger than this ... Not like the bonus rooms at the top ...

It is nice of them to increase the amount of coins when you scrub!! I have to admit I didn't scrub anymore, but now knowing it's 10 coins...

I'm fine, getting a bit nervous for the exam, it's all multiple choice, but with a correction when you guess (not sure how to explain it, but you lose more points answering the questiong wrong than keeping it open if you don't know the answer).

It's been busy here too a bit ; ) Quite the way to wake up :good: (and I really mean that in a good way)

Sophie .... Lots lof luck on the exam today!! I know that you will do well!!

I hope I will, last year I had a couple of multiple choice exams and I failed every one... Had to retake them during the summer, so I HOPE I won't be having that this year!

You can do it ...... Go through and answer all the questions that you know for sure and then go back and think about the others ..... Like you said, guessing doesn't help ..

Laughing well I have come back from the weekend with the same thing done to me before, but you are right, surely not a bad thing!!!! : D

muliple choice can always be tricky.... : /

sometimes the multiple answers confuse me... like... I talk myself into wrong answers.

best advice is follow the first instinct. its usually the right one.

TanyaRC wrote:
this is it Paige ... and it is not any bigger than this ... Not like the bonus rooms at the top ...

really???????????!!!!!!! thats the size!! thats what you get when you buy 3 fairies worth 65 pf cash!! omg what is wrong with pf these days!

Toulouse wrote:
It is nice of them to increase the amount of coins when you scrub!! I have to admit I didn't scrub anymore, but now knowing it's 10 coins...

I'm fine, getting a bit nervous for the exam, it's all multiple choice, but with a correction when you guess (not sure how to explain it, but you lose more points answering the questiong wrong than keeping it open if you don't know the answer).

It's been busy here too a bit ; ) Quite the way to wake up :good: (and I really mean that in a good way)

good luck on the exam congratulations

Thanks guys : )
We'll see how it goes!

Am quite looking forward to this eve!!!
Finally done with being a complete antisocial person, going to have dinner with friends to celebrate exams are over and it's getting closer to the wedding :p

very exciting for us both!!!! : D

what will we ever do with all of spare time once the wedding is over love??

Paige .... I agree ...... I think it is def a rip off .... I think the fairies are cute, but none of them are worth what they want ., I agree with Kijo that the cc is not worth what it costs. I do want to get the posters eventually, but I am in no hurry ... I keep hoping that they will go on sale ...

BG ......Sounds like you have a fun celebration planned!!

inu-kijo wrote:
very exciting for us both!!!! : D

what will we ever do with all of spare time once the wedding is over love??

I have no idea
Sounds so scary!

TanyaRC wrote:
Paige .... I agree ...... I think it is def a rip off .... I think the fairies are cute, but none of them are worth what they want ., I agree with Kijo that the cc is not worth what it costs. I do want to get the posters eventually, but I am in no hurry ... I keep hoping that they will go on sale ...

It's going to be something small I think, just having dinner out somewhere, we haven't even planned where yet lol, so it's going to be very spontaneous. But am going to try to get home 'soon', Dad's probably going to call to the vet for a sneezing cat over here and he wants me to help and go along

Sooo... angelina and brad are divorcing? Lol, I just got that in an email...

sometimes the small celebrations are the best kind!! '

I hope the sneezy cat is ok ....

I think he's better, he's been sneezing for about a week now, but I checked him the entire time, to see if he was running any fever or something. We are going to have him checked though, just to be sure everything's okay

Think I'm going to have pasta : D

TanyaRC wrote:

one extra fruit on a tree doesnt seem worth it , since the highest coin amount for one fruit is what 85 coins?? i agree they look cute , i would definetly buy them as decorations , if they were cheaper

nope, not worth it to me eithor .... one more fruit or a 50% less chance that the veggie won't spoil ..... I don't even grow veggies because the spoil so much....

As a decoration they are adorable ..

TanyaRC wrote:
nope, not worth it to me eithor .... one more fruit or a 50% less chance that the veggie won't spoil ..... I don't even grow veggies because the spoil so much....

As a decoration they are adorable ..

if its was 100% chance that veggies wont spoil then maybe they'd be worth it lol because already it seems i get 50/50 anyway , i plant 10 veggies and pull out 5/6 rotton ones lol!

does anyone have any idea what the purpose of the cork hanging down is??

Toulouse wrote:
you mean the cork on the hat?
I think it is to keep flies away : D

I think you are pulling my leg ...... I must go google this ....

TanyaRC wrote:
Toulouse wrote:
you mean the cork on the hat?
I think it is to keep flies away : D

I think you are pulling my leg ...... I must go google this ....

Let me know what you find ; )
I actually have no idea, I always thought it was to keep bugs (flies, mosquitoes) away from your face when you're out there in the woods or whatever it is

♫whip crack away, whip crack awaaaaaaaaaay♫

Tanya, it's supposed to keep flies away from the face, true!

Morning everyone Smile

Zoonie wrote:

Tanya, it's supposed to keep flies away from the face, true!

Morning everyone Smile

the deadwood stage???

Hello Gill x congratulations

Zoonie wrote:

that doesn't sound healthy :p
Morning Zoonie!! Glad to see you

(am revising in the meanwhile)

Paige<3 wrote:
Zoonie wrote:

the deadwood stage???

Hey Paige Smile yes, I guess so - a competition on radio, well, a phone in - getting people to call if they have a Doris in their lives Laughing

the thing that you furriners come up with ..... corks on hats to keep the bugs away .... lol ,,,,,,, ha ha ha ha ha

Zoonie wrote:
Paige<3 wrote:
Zoonie wrote:

the deadwood stage???

Hey Paige Smile yes, I guess so - a competition on radio, well, a phone in - getting people to call if they have a Doris in their lives Laughing

Laughing

From Wikipedia .....

A cork hat is a type of headgear with cork strung from the brim, to ward off insects.

Traditionally worn by jackaroos and swagmen in the blow-fly infested Australian outback,[1] the cork hat has become part of the stereotypical representation of the Australian ocker.[2] The shape and material of a cork hats vary, though typically they are shaped like slouch hat. Pieces of cork, often shaped as bottle stoppers, are hung on string from the brim of the hat. The low density of cork means a number of pieces may hang from a hat without significantly increasing the weight. Movement of the head causes the corks to swing, discouraging insects from swarming around the wearer's head.

TanyaRC wrote:
the thing that you furriners come up with ..... corks on hats to keep the bugs away .... lol ,,,,,,, ha ha ha ha ha

hey! i invented that lol!!!!!!

TanyaRC wrote:
From Wikipedia .....

A cork hat is a type of headgear with cork strung from the brim, to ward off insects.

Traditionally worn by jackaroos and swagmen in the blow-fly infested Australian outback,[1] the cork hat has become part of the stereotypical representation of the Australian ocker.[2] The shape and material of a cork hats vary, though typically they are shaped like slouch hat. Pieces of cork, often shaped as bottle stoppers, are hung on string from the brim of the hat. The low density of cork means a number of pieces may hang from a hat without significantly increasing the weight. Movement of the head causes the corks to swing, discouraging insects from swarming around the wearer's head.

haha , blow flies always come into my room, when i try to sleep all i hear is buzz!

Where we shop in Borough Market, the fish counters, which are open topped, have clear polythene bags of water swinging above the displays of fish - apparently that keeps the flies away too.

So far the winners of the radio phone in are

Someone who called their first ever car, Doris
Someone who has a chicken called Doris
and Someone who, as a result of this phone in, has found out that their Grandma, who EVERYONE has always known as Wendy, was actually registered and Christened Doris Laughing

Zoonie wrote:
Where we shop in Borough Market, the fish counters, which are open topped, have clear polythene bags of water swinging above the displays of fish - apparently that keeps the flies away too.

hey that is true, it has something to do with reflection - either the light in the bag or because the flies see themselves reflected (not sure if that last part is true... someone told me that)

we now have a fly trap, there's yeast in it, it attracts the flies, they get into the bag, but there's no way out anymore

ha ha ha ..... paige ...... I am sorry that the flies bother you at night .... We have mosquitos here.. If wearing that silly hat would work... I would do it too !!

Gill, My MIL's name is Doris ...... Really!!!

Zoonie wrote:

So far the winners of the radio phone in are

Someone who called their first ever car, Doris
Someone who has a chicken called Doris
and Someone who, as a result of this phone in, has found out that their Grandma, who EVERYONE has always known as Wendy, was actually registered and Christened Doris Laughing

haha!!!

TanyaRC wrote:
ha ha ha ..... paige ...... I am sorry that the flies bother you at night .... We have mosquitos here.. If wearing that silly hat would work... I would do it too !!

Gill, My MIL's name is Doris ...... Really!!!

tried earplugs once but they annoyed me even more Sad

haha i have worn one before , was trying it on lol , the corks are annoying though they like hang right in ur face its annoying , one of them hit me when i was swinging them to the side haha!

See you later Kijo.

What topics we get through!
Tanya, my maternal Grandmother was Doris (RIP) she actually brought me up (raised me)

The pics are funny congratulations

It is only boring here when no one is around ....... You just never know what topic will turn up!!

btw, Gill...... Can you edit B's post at the top, or does she have to do it ??