Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheLostDarkness

New website

well SORRRRY, Fixed*

Now that we have an actual thread what are your thoughts on the new site?

I like the clear easy tone of it and the Title text style is nice. Plus, the smp 'application' will add more activity on this site.
Is Main being renamed Novice however?

It's nice, I like the text on the front page... looks rather familiar.... hmmm, where have I seen that before.

It's nice, I like the text on the front page... looks rather familiar.... hmmm, where have I seen that before.

You know, im not sure... whoever wrote it should write me a piece for SMP tho Razz

Is Main being renamed Novice however?

Main was called novice way back when i wrote that.

While we're talking about this, here are some mechanical errors I noticed:
All In The Mined is a server that has been apart of the minecraft community for over a couple years, we have seen the rise and fall of a lot of great players, builders and moderators.

The comma between "couple years, we have seen" should be a semi-colon ( ; ).

Next:
AITM is a server dedicated to fun and great building. It's a place where people can kick back and have some fun while they build amazing things.

These two sentences, together, feel off. Perhaps you could rephrase the first sentence to: AITM is dedicated to having fun and building.
The second sentence in that feels like a repeat of the first, it isn't needed.

Next:
We have a 24/7 moderated server with over 20+ active moderators so you, the player may enjoy your time at our server with grief free worries

In the "so you, the player may enjoy" line, add a comma after player (making it become "so you, the player, may enjoy")
"Grief free worries" sounds odd too, I suggest changing it to "We have a 24/7 moderated server with over 20+ active moderators so you, the player, may enjoy your time at our server while not worrying about griefers.

Lastly:
. There are over 100 worlds in AITM, all with rank specific access. Which allows you the player (ranked) access to worlds to build where novices and griefers cannot touch them.

There shouldn't be a period in between "access. Which". If you're using which, then it make the second sentence incomplete. However, if you change it to "access, which", then you have a run-on sentence. I suggest changing it to "access. This allows you, the player, to build on rank-based worlds that novices and griefers can't".

EDIT: This is only for the first two paragraphs in the "About" section. I saw some other problems, but I don't feel like typing them out.

EXAMPLE:
It's the map all players see the moment they come into our server, and the one hounderouds of guests build in everyday. For these reasons we need to keep it clean

You spelled "hundreds" wrong (at least where I'm from, I'm not sure if Canada or other countries spell it differently).
Also, I suggest adding the word "that" in between "one hundreds" to make it "one that hundreds". When I read it, I was confused at first.

I like the new website :3 Except for the fact that it says.... It's the map all players see the moment they come into our server, and the one hounderouds of guests build in everyday. You see Entrance everrytime you join don't you? Oh and nice spelling of hundreds!
lol!

11 made this site a while back when we didn't have a filter world.

Sweet Jebus, you guys are using my video! I'll have to start work on a better one ASAP...

I've been really busy lately, so please forgive my absence.

AWESOME work on the site btw. You guys can pat yourselves on the back.

EDIT: Oh, you think we can get a sub-category under the SMP section of the forums for whitelist applications? I just think it would make it easier for new players to sign up and such.

That is all.

Spindle_shanks wrote:
Sweet Jebus, you guys are using my video! I'll have to start work on a better one ASAP...

I've been really busy lately, so please forgive my absence.

AWESOME work on the site btw. You guys can pat yourselves on the back.

EDIT: Oh, you think we can get a sub-category under the SMP section of the forums for whitelist applications? I just think it would make it easier for new players to sign up and such.

That is all.

We are going to remove the whitelist when we hit 1.2

Cool. That site has a pretty obscure URL... What's up with that?

It does not come up when I search AITM on Google.

Spindle_shanks wrote:
Cool. That site has a pretty obscure URL... What's up with that?

It does not come up when I search ATIM on Google.

He uses google sites and it's not been searched enough time to hit front page. You can still see it if you put obvious keywords : "google sites aitmoffical"

Spindle_shanks wrote:
So when do we hit 1.2 ?

Cuz I want cats up my jungles fighting iron golems already.

We don't know. We follow bukkit.org

He uses google sites and it's not been searched enough time to hit front page. You can still see it if you put obvious keywords : "google sites aitmoffical"

Actually, I ave not yet allowed Google to return this site as a search result, so no. it does not show up on Google at this time. Ill change that today once i make a few more edits.

11014GRF wrote:

Actually, I ave not yet allowed Google to return this site as a search result, so no. it does not show up on Google at this time. Ill change that today once i make a few more edits.
You might wanna look at that option again because I can find it by typing "google sites aitmoffical"

Spindle_shanks wrote:
So when do we hit 1.2 ?

Cuz I want cats up my jungles fighting iron golems already.

I second that movement!