Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea75

Old fashioned remedies

My daughter is poorly at the moment with a nasty cough and cold, and to top it all off she now has conjunctavitus (gooey, sticky eyes)

My Mum was really suprised when I told her I was bathing Phoebe's eyes in cold tea as she had never heard of it!
It clears the eyes up so much better than just bathing them in boiled water, and majority of the time stops the need for eye drops from the doctor

This got me wondering......What old fashioned remedies do you use...and do they really work?
It could be an alternative health remedy...a trick to getting stains out...anything you like congratulations

i heard about a drop of milk from a breastfeeding mom can cure conjuctivitis/sore eyes...they say its true and it works..

also if u just had a chicken pox u have to take a bath with some boiled guava leaves.. i've done this but i dont know why my mom do this with me...

in the philippines, we have too much old fashioned remedies and they say its really work,,,coz during the old old times they never go for a doctor..they only use some herbals...

the one old remedy i know about it the tea bags for a sty, i had one and my mum suggested it but i was determind to use my doctors cream......i dont like tea lol

if you get oil on your clothes (my fiance's a biker lol) rub margerine really well into the stain and then scrape as much as possible off the fabric. Finally rub washing up liquid into what is left of the stain and wash as normal. I've saved so many pairs of jeans doing this

never heard of that one Lorna...fab tip hun!!

Gaia...it probably would of worked hun,,,it really has cleared my daughters eyes up Smile

My mother in law said that used socks (that is dirty socks) laid over the neck helps against sore throats. I never tried it, but I did use it in a story once. congratulations