Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea75

Childrens books

I've just finished reading my daughter her favourite book, the hungry caterpillar (for the millionth time lol) and was wondering what your favourite childhood book was?

Is it one you read to your kids now? One you remember being read to you when you were younger or just a book you used to love reading yourself?

omg i love the hungry hungry caterpillar!! such a great book doesnt matter what age you are Smile
I remember one book i read when i was young called The Necklace of Raindrops, about a little girl who was given a necklace and every year on the day of her birthday she got another raindrop on her necklace that let her do something magical congratulations lovely book congratulations

Oh my, we have that in Germany too, and my mother in law makes them out of actimel containers. They are soo cute. I used to have one but it collected so much dust. One day I'll post a picture of her creations. CUte!

lea petite nicolas are amazing books !!!!!!!!!!!!
also the little prince

I loved 'Bears in the Night' when I was a kid. It was a beginner reader, and so when I was in the US, I went and bought it and showed it to my husband. He thought I was weird...but there's nothing new there. congratulations

Hmm.... when I was like 4... I read Winnie The Pooh educational books. Also, my mom susbscribes to Winnie the Pooh (The bilingual magazine) until I was 8 years old... I love it so much winniw is so fat and cute and silly Smile

Guest Guest
My favorite book as child was from the "Little Golden Book" collection.
It was called : "Katie on the Farm".
The book was lost when we moved out of our house. I've tried to find it for over 15 years... but I still have not found it.

I now have a daughter, she is 19 months, and she LOVES books! Her favorite is "Binou La Bulle".

lately, i was kinda addicted to this author - robert sabuda for his pop-up children books. his books are really very nicely done. though it's for children, his pop-up is so nice that it seem to b for adult's collection. presently, i hv his wizard of oz, encycpedia for dinosaurs, brava strega nona & chronicles of narnia. ^^

Charlotte's Web was also a favorite book. I shared this thread with Mama and she thought it was great about your daughter loving that book, Lisa. Smile

What's the hungry caterpillar?

Well.. As a kid we were reading "classic" fairytales.. Hansel and gretel, snowwhite, the bunny and the turtle, Aisopo's myths, hans christian andersen and some of brothers grimm..

Also the typical for here stories like the 3 little piggies, red ridding hood etc..