Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaiamaiden

I had to laugh lol

this morning i filled in an application to work in a factory and there was a section called " Hobbies and Interests" well i found myself writing this...

In my spare time i am an admin of a game fansite on the internet

PSFC is becoming involved in my everyday life lmao

lol Well your being honest

Every morning when I walk my kids to school I pass the local downtown shops on my way , I see an alice in wonderland poster at the theater, I see white groovy shelfs in a window in a hair dressing salon, furniture that looks like pet society furniture in the (really expensive furniture store), Where ever I go I see something that reminds me of pet society. My kids (about a month and half ago) go wwf animal bags at subway with their kid packs lol.

gaia~ i love that you wrote that!!!

yawo~i'm exactly the same. i always say to my husband, "oh, we have something like that on PS" or "i wish i could have that for my house (pet's house)!!!!" LOL

lol well it is the truth and something that you enjoy.A true hobby,how many of those people actually do the hobbies that they right down.You're honest Smile

Hubby likes PS,because it helps take things off my mind and passes time for me.

oh you are so lucky kathy!

hubby hates it when i play ps or when i'm psfc. he gives me the evil eye!!!

awww Smorkle!

hubby used to hate when I was on the ps,but now I have been suffering with a back injury for over a 1 1/2 yrs and don't have much use of my right leg.Pain can get unbearable.It was a work injury.I am a trauma nurse.We are having to fight workman's comp to fix me. TOTAL NIGHTMARE!

he knows the silliness of the fun of the game ,relaxes me.To see me laugh at it,makes him happy Smile When and if they ever give me the surgery I need.I will still have a small % of disability,but will be able to work again......he will give me that evil eye too.

you all will be some of the 1st to know when it is approved!!!!!The meanie heads are making me see MORE neurosurgeons,I have seen 3 and 2 said surgery will put me back at 85-95% normal...I like that %

lol thanks everyone, i wonder if they will ask me what the game is if i get an interview lmao

kathy ~ oh no! i'm so sorry to hear that you got injured on the job!!!
i hope that you get the surgery that you need and have a smooth recovery!

hey, i'm a nurse too!! hee hee!!!

gaia~ LOL, how would you explain it?! LOL!!!!!!! sometimes people ask me about it cuz they see my facebook posts...when i try to explain and i hear myself talking, i sound like i'm crazy!! ba ha ha!!!

awww Smorkle!

Don't you LOVE being a nurse???!!!!

I miss my patients,I miss volunteering and miss counseling battered women and PTSD patients.I miss it! I just LOVE people and giving them a REAL chance at life!

I am stubborn and will be back....Smartest blonde EVER Laughing..... I LOVE PS

just saying!

smorkle wrote:

gaia~ LOL, how would you explain it?! LOL!!!!!!! sometimes people ask me about it cuz they see my facebook posts...when i try to explain and i hear myself talking, i sound like i'm crazy!! ba ha ha!!!

How would i explain it?? hmmm, probably like this...
The game? Well its this game involving little pets which you look after and earn coins and buy them things! OMG i stay up until midnight every monday to see the new items!! Are you on Facebook?! You must try Pet Society! Add me!!

OMG! you're killing me that is so funny!!!!! but i TOTALLY get you!!!! LaughingLaughingLaughing

I must be the luckiest woman around. my husband is completely supportive (not financially but supportive) of my PS hobby. In fact, he sometimes comes to me after I log into the ame and says 'Yvette, have you checked on Xavier or Hi Jinx lately. They're probably covered with flies, the poor little pets'. It's utterly charming.

Tiddly Winks wrote:
I must be the luckiest woman around. my husband is completely supportive (not financially but supportive) of my PS hobby. In fact, he sometimes comes to me after I log into the ame and says 'Yvette, have you checked on Xavier or Hi Jinx lately. They're probably covered with flies, the poor little pets'. It's utterly charming.

omg!! no!! really??? it's like a dream come true!! LaughingLaughing

smorkle wrote:

omg!! no!! really??? it's like a dream come true!! LaughingLaughing

Well, I always tell him he's a dream come true. But, he really is emotionally supportive of my hobbies. Because I don't ask him for money to support my playing, he is pretty much okay with my buying cash coins. He knows I don't break the bank with it, but every so often I do like to splurge for something fun.

He didn't even complain when I bought Petville coins once. What a gem. Smile

I absolutely love this topic. Smile My hubby-to-be knows I play FB games but I don't really tell him much about it. Haha.. as soon as we are actually living together he will find out about this wonderful hobby! He will probably think I am a dork, but i don't mind. congratulations

My OH doesnt get it at all..and my teenage son thinks I'm really sad and pathetic playing PS...but as I keep telling him I would rather play that than the shooting games he plays Laughing

lea75 wrote:
My OH doesnt get it at all..and my teenage son thinks I'm really sad and pathetic playing PS...but as I keep telling him I would rather play that than the shooting games he plays Laughing

AMEN! I could never understand all those mafioso games when we can have something sweet and cuddly. congratulations Here's the peace, love and pets forever emerging in me.

Have a good night all, be back tomorrow. Smile

Night hun...talk to you tomorrow Smile

I've just finished all my ironing .... was made slightly better by visions of David Tennant...I've been watching Doctor Who Laughing
He is the only thing that makes ironing bearable congratulationscongratulations

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm soooooooo sexy!!!! lmao!

lea75 wrote:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm soooooooo sexy!!!! lmao!

ohhh is that what his name is? Ashamed

RYAN REYNOLDS!

lol this topic has become quite the funny conversation to read

Although Kathy I'm so sorry to hear about your work injury! What happened if you don't mind me asking?

Hubby pokes fun of me a lot about it.. He's not mean just laughs. I've basically given him a full run of the forum, the people I love talking to, and the game it's self. He some times gets upset about the amount of time I do actually spend here or pet society (giving me the evil eye as you would say smokle) but he really isn't that bad about it. He's listened to rants about being scammed before I found this forum, and my excitements about winning a comp or something lol.

Next year I plan to go back to school to find a career (a little late I know) but after becoming a mom I really don't want to go back to working jobs that aren't really things I like to do. (before my daughter was born I was working for technical support for msn narrowband). I would love to get into the nursing field but I think the student loans will be huge. I'm hoping to be able to get a grant or something. Before technical support I worked in the kitchen of a nursing home and loved it, along with when I was younger I was a candy striper in the ICU. As long as myself or my family could remember I have always wanted to get into nursing. I just wish I would stop procrastinating and just do it. lol

myladyyawo wrote:
lol this topic has become quite the funny conversation to read

Although Kathy I'm so sorry to hear about your work injury! What happened if you don't mind me asking?

Hubby pokes fun of me a lot about it.. He's not mean just laughs. I've basically given him a full run of the forum, the people I love talking to, and the game it's self. He some times gets upset about the amount of time I do actually spend here or pet society (giving me the evil eye as you would say smokle) but he really isn't that bad about it. He's listened to rants about being scammed before I found this forum, and my excitements about winning a comp or something lol.

Next year I plan to go back to school to find a career (a little late I know) but after becoming a mom I really don't want to go back to working jobs that aren't really things I like to do. (before my daughter was born I was working for technical support for msn narrowband). I would love to get into the nursing field but I think the student loans will be huge. I'm hoping to be able to get a grant or something. Before technical support I worked in the kitchen of a nursing home and loved it, along with when I was younger I was a candy striper in the ICU. As long as myself or my family could remember I have always wanted to get into nursing. I just wish I would stop procrastinating and just do it. lol

I thought it said something else... :Oops: :Oops:

My sister always tells me to find a better game to play..something that is more educational..but I think PS is sort of educational....

you are still young hun, so have plenty of time to re-train....I'm a lot older than you yet its what I am planning on doing!

Still not sure exactly what I want to do though as it has to fit in with looking after the kids..

Oh and Mango...he is cute but not a patch on David Tennant.....even my 2 yr old sees a photo of him and says mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm LaughingLaughing

Lmao...now I wonder what you 2 were thinking of

lea75 wrote:
Lmao...now I wonder what you 2 were thinking of

Add one more 'p' into the word.

lol Lea, hubby likes doctor who too (the show not the man ) He is quite the cutie!

and thank you hun, thats what others have told me, it's hard not to feel behind though. I'm a really fast typer I type without looking at the keyboard... hence the spelling or typing errors I make some of the time lol. I've been told I should go into something that requires typing things up so maybe a nursing unit clerk is what I should do... but I feel I want to get more involved than that, but it is less time and good earnings so maybe.

What about a daycare? That way you could still be home with your kids. I also thought about working as an early childhood educator that works with preschool or young school age students and work while your kids are at school. I know there are so many stay at home jobs out there but I have yet to find one worth doing.

lol mango, seriously I could never in a million years actually do that!! But it's so funny, because as I was typing it I was totally thinking someone would misread it!

myladyyawo wrote:
lol Lea, hubby likes doctor who too (the show not the man ) He is quite the cutie!

and thank you hun, thats what others have told me, it's hard not to feel behind though. I'm a really fast typer I type without looking at the keyboard... hence the spelling or typing errors I make some of the time lol. I've been told I should go into something that requires typing things up so maybe a nursing unit clerk is what I should do... but I feel I want to get more involved than that, but it is less time and good earnings so maybe.

What about a daycare? That way you could still be home with your kids. I also thought about working as an early childhood educator that works with preschool or young school age students and work while your kids are at school. I know there are so many stay at home jobs out there but I have yet to find one worth doing.

Home business' have been popular Smile You can create and start your own business...but it seems like you graduated with a degree in science? cause you want to be a nurse...so I dunno.

myladyyawo wrote:
lol mango, seriously I could never in a million years actually do that!! But it's so funny, because as I was typing it I was totally thinking someone would misread it!

What is a candy striper anyways?

I almost put an extra p

Hubby and I took over an existing internet cafe for a little while and it really wasn't for us. He would love to try to open his own business again but I really don't want to do that I'll leave it up to him as his own future goal lol.

A Candy striper is usually a girl between the ages of 12-16 I believe, and they talk to patients, help bring their food to their beds, and help them with things like getting water for them. When I was one, my duties included feeding a couple of patents that couldn't feed themselves, cleaning their food trays before and after, visiting with several patients in the wing I was designed to, and such. They don't let them do that much anymore.

Gaiamaiden wrote:
this morning i filled in an application to work in a factory and there was a section called " Hobbies and Interests" well i found myself writing this...

In my spare time i am an admin of a game fansite on the internet

PSFC is becoming involved in my everyday life lmao

hope u get hired dear ^_^ its kinda cool tho u put it in ur application form congratulations

lol It's funny how a bunch of us women can go on a tangent sometimes isn't it Mr. Mayor One thing always leads to another lol!

Village Mayor wrote:
this thread started as "im addicted to ps so much" and has turned into "coooor david tennat is a bit"

cant us guys have a thread to gloat aswell? lmao

absoloutely not!

Only us women are allowed threads like this

Only joking Laughing

But you should know I can turn any thread into a OMG DAVID TENNENAT IS SOOOOOO SEXY!! thread LaughingLaughing

Tiddly Winks wrote:
Uh excuse my overwhelming ignorance, but who is David Tennenat?

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
He was Dr Who until recently ....

I think kasijab's answer helped more. congratulations Specially since I am married and my husband is the sexiest man. Of course, I'm partial.

Tiddly Winks wrote:

you dont know who David Tennant is???? That is it..immediate permenant ban being issued to Tiddly winks for her ignorance of the worlds sexiest man! LaughingLaughingLaughing

lea75 wrote:
Tiddly Winks wrote:

you dont know who David Tennant is???? That is it..immediate permenant ban being issued to Tiddly winks for her ignorance of the worlds sexiest man! LaughingLaughingLaughing

VERY debatable point ...don't worry Tiddly, I'll stick up for you LaughingLaughing

A Ban????? NOooooooooooooooooo.

I'll go right out and educate myself as soon as I take care of Layla Jane...she's tapping on the monitor again. congratulationscongratulations

lol dont get me wrong, my husband is very sexy too lol David just comes in VERY CLOSE second lol congratulations

LaughingLaughing i just finished reading the last few pages and i'm dying here!!! OMG you guys are so funny..

okay, first of all...

Tiddly~ i didn't know who David Tennenat was either... i know i know, i'm sorry i don't know who he is...but, we don't have that show here in the states so that's not my fault. has he been in any movies?...maybe that will spark a memory. he is a good looking fellow, i'll admit.

personally, i really think leonardo dicaprio is hot! i've always thought he was hot. it's not like i'm some teeny bopper or anything, but he is a cutie!! more my type of guy i guess.

yawo~it's never too late to go back to school!! i went back for my nursing degree when i was in my late 20's. you just have to start. and the money for school can be a lot, but the salary you end up making as an actual practicing nurse is well worth it. and, the best part is, you can get a job like me where you only have to work 2 or 3 days in the week!! that is the best part. i love having my days off!!! i don't think i could ever go back to working monday-friday. that is just too many days to give up!

gaia~really, good luck with your job interview hun! i know you'll do fabulous and they'll love ya!!!

thanks smorkle hun, i havent recieved an interview date yet, ive only just given the application in but im really really really hoping they give me an interview