Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lucky Strike

After the 999's and 4999's do you think it's worth it?

Trading... Not to get an item that we miss (that will always happen!) but for profit... Without the "money" factor of reselling items there's no point... If it's to trade something expensive we'll find many things the other person needs... But without 999's and 4999's do you think it's worth trading for profit if someone already has all the "old" items he/she wants?... I'm not sure... I usually trade for profit as i have most of the stuff i want (the rest i obtain slowly because they are more difficult to be found) so after this... What is the point?...
If you ask me they will NOT leave an EXPENSIVE item long enough to have many to trade with... and the MBI 999's are constantly changing... So?... (also add the factor that from now on we will not be able to buy many times a TWS...)

sorry, i'm confused, is playfish not going to replace the 4999s (new items that sell at 15,000), and they're taking away/reducing the price of 999's items?

Playfish as once before reduced the price of 4999, so in my opinion we should ( at some point in the future ) get some more 15000 items that have a resale of 4999, or the price might go back up as it did before. Lately the GMB are always changing but there still alot of 999's in them and as far as i know the price of these arnt dropping but alot a 999's are being removed from the boxes. So either way 999/4999 playfish is making it tricky to get some things

The blue bubble chair in the shop might be the next cloned item... it's in store for the next highest price of 7000 (don't know what it sells back too tired to do the math at the moment lol) but I think gmb, or swapping items, or the available 999s will work great for trading.. who knows what playfish is up to though?

What about the blinging gold watch? Is it still in stores? If it is, it's 10k of coins..which makes it a 3333 item.

Okay, gone for the last time to study.

Speculations that the next trading currency is the blinging gold watch. but we may only see this happen if it would e cloned too in the same way that the 4999s and 6666s were LOL.

Trading had gone downhill since the hacking period during the last quarter of 09, and we may see its eventual death, unless people will be willing to accept prices for lower profit or none at all through item trades. Playfish had always maintained that they discourage trading; however EA the new owners of PS is notorious for its reputation as a money making company. Simply observe that most items in cash shops are getting more and more expensive, plus they come out with specials too. These items cannot e traded in the future! but certainly EA will profit a lot, as players scramble to purchase them before they are removed from the stores. Sadly, some CC dealers have gotten quite greedy and charge an exorbitant exchange ratio. I honestly believe that unless players are willing to adjust to the new, albeit lower trading market, there wont be so much a future trading in PS.

The game had reached its peak; the number of players who had left it and the ratings speak voulmes.

I think the amount of profit we see on trades will go down, but trading will not disappear unless all items become not giftable -- and why would game designers do that? I still plan to do trading because there are things that I want that other people have and vice-versa.

I'm betting that trading will gradually adjust to mostly 999s and am stockpiling 999s. I've been cashing out my princess beds and buying GMBs.

So far I've been getting about this ratio in the GMBs: for every three items one is a 999, one is a 499, and one is almost worthless. This ratio is fine with me as many of the items in the boxes are things I don't already own, so even a "worthless" item is something I can use.