Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

Another PS vent

I'm sorry if it seems like all I do is gripe and complain as of late, but I can't help it. I am getting so utterly discouraged with the game and I need to let it out because I have other stresses in my life that are somehow more pressing than this.

As many of you probably know, on April 1, my husband lost his job. I have, during the past year, been buying cash coins off and on to support the game I love. Well, now things are starting to crunch and I am trying to keep hold of as many of my coins as I can. I will not be able to buy as many coins in the coming weeks/months because I have to focus on the real world. I don't mind using the coins to get treasure bait, or seeds but what I do mind is coming here and hearing that people are hacking these items.

This discouarages me, the consumer; from going and supporting an orgainization like Playfish which doesn't do anything to safeguard their games from the hackers. I don't mind paying the money, that's not the issue, the issue for me is how people are stealing the stuff and then the honest players are the ones who are losing out. I mean; it seems harsh, but to me it's stealing.

So here I sit at a crossroads, and this is a bigger issue than my current anti-pink stance because it involves our hard earned money.

Thoughts?

Hackers deserve to have a life without computers, laptops and televisions.

i agree and agree and agree!!! Although i don't purchase cc's i can understand because this affects me as well!!! I cannot trade for them is the first thing... and the second... EVEN IF I COULD (playfish not letting us buy some of them... BECAUSE OF THE HACK!) THE HACKERS ALREADY FLOADED THE MARKET WITH CLONED 999'S, 4999'S, 3333'S ANYTHING! SO THE PRICES HAVE SKY ROCKED!!!!!!!!

BUT still i think that is mainly playfishes fault! They should know that!!! And not let it happen in the first place... But noooooo they want to hit the market soooooo much they let it happen!!! What's a few coins now than those we'll be able to get in the future????????????????

I agree with you.I have spent a lot of money on cc.More for others than myself.I am not going to be able to buy as many right now.I have deleted some people,because they had the items several days before they came out.They need to safe guard their games against hackers.They punished new players and regular players during Easter with the tree eggs,due to hackers.They took that egg collection away!!! Honest people were punished.

I hope they're looking at forums and listening.If so,they have not listened much about the colors.Sun bleached pink is not cool.Bright colors is what this game needs!!!!!

Cheaper prices for items and more coins..we got more coins (ty).Do something on THIS game to let the players earn cc and the biggest thing they need to do is safeguard the game against hackers.

I spent a ton of money on CCs to gift people. I don't regret for a second doing something to make people happy. The sad fact is, I can't do it anymore. I have a budget to contend with and while buying CC's used to be fun and a novelty for me, but now everything is so flooded with hacked items that I have no desire anymore.

What's the point if everything is cloned and hacked? Sad It may sound weird to some of you, but I have actually cried about this because it's like so much of the good and honest things that come with playing PS is simply going out the window and it's downright depressing. Honest people are being punished...whether it is people who are buying CCs, or those who are collecting the eggs.

i see your point... I stopped gifted old items because of the other hack... Ok yeah if i see they WANT them it's another story but...

I know some of you have noticed that I am a chronic gifter lol It makes me happy to do so.Things out of our control happen sometimes and we had an emergency and don't have as much money for a couple weeks.Crunch time.

I know some see CC in my house or I gift them a cc item and they automatically start asking for them constantly.They don't realize that I am on medical leave and not getting paid either.

I play the game to take my mind off my physical pain and Ps needs to listen to it's players,before it starts losing them.

You are all right, totally.

I'm a student and I don't have a fixed income, but I like, when I can, spending some money for CC. The Hacker-thing is really demotivated and annoying... Actually I couldn't stand it even when it was only about "normal" items... but now we are talking about real money and I feel stupid spending my money on things that others cheat Sad

More than this I'm annoyed also with Playfish... Not only they are doing nothing to stop this situation, but they sell the new baits to 6 cc! Am I wrong or all the other baits were sold at 4cc? And the new windows? both cc! They seem too greedy to me, or at least they should do something to assure a fair play to everybody!

I didn't know about hacking cc items... Thats terrible! One people are paying money for them, and others are stealing... P.S. This week I was really thinking to get some ccs, but now... I don't know... Is it worth when others don't pay anything????

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is aggravated by this. I thought I was just being a grouch because life has not been that grandiose as of late. I love you guys, and feel so totally grateful to you for understanding how I feel about this.

Sorry to hear about your husband losing his job. What a horrible day to lose it as well. Sad

I understand the frustration about hackers, but remember that's Playfish which is mostly harmed and that they are doing the best they can to protect their game. Also, be proud of doing the right thing by playing honestly and rewarding the game creators.

I agree Yvette... to hack cash items just seems terribly weird. I liked the "feel" of being gifted a cc gift. Knowing that someone cared about you enough to spend real money on you. I know i have sent out a fair few CC gifts of my own in the past and the sense of pride is something i enjoyed.

Now it seems that the giftable ones are not actually worth your time and money bothering with. Sad

Ames, I think you hit the nail on the head, the whole concept feels devalued and that's just...heartbreaking.

Yvette,

I'm so sad to hear about your husband loosing his job. Sad

I hope that he is able to find work again soon, but I know how difficult the economy is right now around the globe.

I know you are sad about not being able to gift as much, but we still love a support you and know what is in your heart.

If there is anything I can do, please let me know. Right now my husband and I are fortunate to both be employed for the moment.

As for the hackers, I agree that they are terrible!