Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

April Chitter Chatter - Part 2

Thanks Wish Smile a mission with vodka eh?
Enjoy your evening.

I got some of the first English asparagus for OH today, it's from the Wye Valley.

Is there anything I can help you with on the hunt Leo?

Wow, if even the hair wasn't intentionally, she still looks fab!

Thanks Wish! It's more an album to show off the different haircuts I had in the past - I still miss the curls tbh (oh lol, look at that, there's even photos of when I was a teeny tiny toddler!)

I'm back a bit later, was watching the news, about the ash cloud

Gill: yes, please. Do you happen to have the chocolate floor?

Thanks, Gill, I'm going to take a shot. I hope it's that one. It's my 3rd guess. Laughing

Laters G!

Sisters BF managed to find a way back home: there's a train so it seems that can take him home

ROFL, he's about to arrive in the nearest train station in about a half an hour!

That's quick! Nice to hear he got transport.

Yeah, didn't get an update until now

Messing around in facebook, it's about time I delete some of the groups I am in and going to delete a lot of fanpages as well (am a bit bored hehehe)

I'm back indoors, brrrr. I bought a lovely big hydrangea plant today and have planted it up in a very tall bright royal blue pot, it looks lovely Smile

I bought 6 bunches of sweet daffodils and a big bunch of long stemmed golden roses as well - flowers make me smile a lot.

Hydrangea - very lovely! And off course the rest as well!
I love flowers, hasn't always been that way, but I can't miss them anymore now

It's starting to get very cold in here - already wearing 2 sweaters Ashamed

I'm pretty pleased, it all looks quite pretty.

Am really looking forward to seeing our friends again, it's been about 18 months (they live in Cheshire and lead a really busy life with their 3 sons)
We've been friends over 20 years Smile

Anyone got any special plans for the weekend?

I hope you have a great time!

Nothing much planned for the weekend: studying and am meeting up with my pregnant friend B, her BF and another couple. We were supposed to go have dinner out, but B wasn't very keen on the idea of sitting an entire evening in a restaurant - which I totally understand. She's uhm... what's it called if you're near the delivery?

Wow, 20 years friendship. That's great. Hope you have a great time with your friends.

I don't really have plans, except getting on with tyding up. Smile

Toulouse wrote:
... what's it called if you're near the delivery?

Thanks BG.

We say 'close to her due date'

Cblu wrote:
Wow, 20 years friendship. That's great. Hope you have a great time with your friends.

I don't really have plans, except getting on with tyding up. Smile

A lot of our friends we've had a long time. That said, actually we don't have loads of friends, not close friends anyway.
The most long standing we were at school with, I was at school with him since age 12 and my OH was at school with his wife since junior school - how about that? We both have two daughters and they get along like the closest sisters, it's lovely - although now we're a bit far apart and don't get together as often as we'd like.

I guess it's different for you, not living in the country you were raised in?

I should have done a lot more tidying
Sad

Thanks Gill - wasn't sure about it
Sorry, I am watching Strictly Come Dancing/Dancing with the stars (Dutch version)

Yes, moving here had a part in it. I lost touch with most of my school friends and although I found a few of them there's no bond like you seem to have. I have some friends from my early 20's I still say "hi" by email once in a while, but we haven't met for ages. I fear meeting them in person to be honest, I grew quite apart from all of them and I'm not very proud of myself.

Now I don't have actual friends, I feel can't find much in common with people. I have friendly relationships but it's mostly for my kid's sake.

Actually, I do understand Leo, because we've moved around a lot.

Just going to eat now, will have to come back to you on this one Smile

Leo

I don't know if I'm "allowed" to talk along with this subject since I'm still a youngster (no offense, but I have no idea to put it otherwise), but I have lost a lot of friends already. Mostly because I really got to know them and they weren't always there for me if and when I needed them, but they expected me to be there for them at every time - sorry, I'm not that person, I think friendship and everything that comes along has to come from both sides and I discovered a lot of friendships where I was the only one investing and that took way too much energy.

I think that if I count my real close friends, I can say I have 4 of them, and especially one person is a real close friend (pregnant B that is). There is one special friend, who doesn't live nearby and I know we'll always have a special bond, even though we don't hear or see each other often; she is my longest childhood friend I once met on a vacation in Spain.

Phew, long message :-)

BG, sure you are allowed! Age is no issue. Smile

I agree with you, friendship has to be mutual.

It has to be, really, I don't like being the person that always has to email, text, ask to meet or do something together - I find it very "tiring".
But there is one exception and that is the special friend I was talking about, which I find a pity sometimes, but I can't let her go

Once your friend has the baby her priorities will change, but I hope you can remain good friends anyway.

I had a very good friend when I was pregnant, I often regret having moved away from her.

Oh we have discussed that already and I know her priorities will change, I am aware of that.

It is Friday night and I am sitting home doing laundry .... of course a good glass of cabernet helps!!

Hi Mindy .... I am in and out ... chatting with a FB friend .... Smile

I am watching a movie so I am in and out too ... I havent been able to be around much and when I do check in here, no one is around! How are you?

I am great ... Getting ready to start the new training class...

I will have M/T off and I work a 3pm on Wed.. and then I work 4 7am shifts in a row ..

good night all ..... I will be scarce the next couple of days ... I am helping Ken move the boat and we are leaving early Sunday morning and I won't be home till sometime Tuesday ....

toodles .,..

Oh rats, I missed Tanya : (
I wish you both good luck and hope you have a lot of fun!

<-- peeks in.. been so busy this week I have barely had a chance to be here!

oh well.. guess I'll stop by later. Have a great day all

Evening!

Just dropping by to leave a note to wish you all a great weekend!
Haven't been around much today, as I planned to get some studying done and won't be here this eve either because I will be spending some time with friends.

i always seem to be missing everyone, i just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and in my heart , please take care i will come back a little later xoxo

Hello! Leaving hugs.
I'm going to check how I'm doing in the hunt...

Edit: No new corrections yet...
I'll be around for a bit while I cook soup...

sneaking in, but looks as if I am alone.

Leo I checked over the hunt, just need one more item and you are good!!!!