Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

Just to say sorry!

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry if my attitude lately hasn't been that great. My husband's job officially ended today with him turning in his stuff and leaving for the last time. Now we're trying to figure out what the future will hold. Jokes were flying about last night with us moving to 'Timbuktu' and to be honest, the thought of having to learn yet another language does not appeal to me right now. I am pushing 40 and I am not sure if I could learn language number 3 in the same way I learned German. I have lived with uncertainty about a lot of stuff for a long while now, and it seems to have no end in sight.

I am simply not sure what the future will hold, and with so much in the air, I can't plan anything because I don't know if tomorrow we're going to be heading somewhere new or if I can even commit myself to stuff. Even planning to go on our yearly choir trip in June has me depressed because everything seems uncertain here. So, basically, it's not a question of doing the things I want to do, it's a question of whether or not I will even be able to follow through with any plans, so I have remained non-committal to a lot of the real life issues. Anyway, that's sort of what has got me down.

I know this too shall pass, but if it seems like I'm acting grumpy here, that's why. I'll try and cheer up. Hanging around you lot generally does help, though, so there is hope for me yet.

You never know what's gonna happen... After all no bad thing is not followed by something good even by a train reaction...

I'm sure you'll manage to stay on top of things AND no matter what you'll be able to adapt! Nothing ever remains the same... And even if on first sight it seems bad you cannot know how is it gonna turn out! Maybe out of the blue he see's a new job opening that's much better! (not necessarily the money factor)

Just don't feel bad... If it's one thing you need to make it is to think positive! NOT easy... I know... But hope is what motivates us to go forward! Hope for the better! And usually it happens!

I don't know if all these count for anything but still...

Yvette you have nothing to apologise for!
We are you friends and we are here for you 24/7...no matter what mood you are in

Uncertainty is always a very scary situation to be in...but I'm sure no matter what happens next for you , everything will work out well. You have a husband who loves you, friends who think the world of you, and you are a very strong person! You will get through this!

Huge hugs to you and Sven...I'm always here if you ever want to chat.rant or let of steam

Thanks ladies. I love ya bunches.

I'm not so much scared as I am frustrated. Frustration is not a trait that I deal with very well. In fact, I hate feeling that way. It makes me feel trapped...and I hate feeling trapped.

But, my husband did say that he would be willing to take a position outside of Germany, so who knows where we will end up. It could be in the north of the country, or in another European country. This forum has been a Godsend to me, especially thinking that if we end up in another place, we might end up closer to some of you.

well wherever you go you will always have us Smile

Ooooh i have been with you through a variety of emotions in the past.. so why would now be any different? We ALL face times where things are tough and we don't always act like ourselves but what kind of friends would we be if we thought less of each other for our moods... i have periods where i am so low i could hide in a cave so i know how you feel xx

Well, if my cave ends up close to yours, Ames, then you may not know what to make of me. I'm generally a goof-ball. congratulations

Tiddly Winks Life begins at 40! Cheer up

I have read a lot of your posts and I have not find a grumpy one
So .. why sorry?
I would say thanks to you
For sharing your feelings
Like this old song says

"Keep smiling, keep shining
Knowing you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for
In good times, in bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
Oh, that's what friends are for"

I think it has all been said ...but we will always be here for you whatever your mood Smile

aw!!!!!!! i'm so sorry tiddly!!!!!!! don't worry!!!!!! i'm sure everything will be ok, you have to be optimistic and never give up!!!! you'll always have all of us and your familly to support you! i'm sure you'll overcome all the diffilcuties and then remeber back and smile!!!!!

my best wishes sweety!!!!! keep it up! congratulations

Yvette,
You have nothing to apologize for.I get super grumpy and don't apologize Smile
This is an extremely stressful time for you and you both will get through it.
Change can be good,even though at 1st it may not seem like something we want.
I am wishing the best for you.YOU deserve the BEST and I believe it will come sooner than you think.Try to be patient.Easier said than done,but it will be ok <3

luv ya darlin
Kathy

I have my hopeless days,trust me.I also know that I won't always be like this.I also know that life will get better for you.You're amazing and have a true heart.

Yvette you dont have to say sorry for anything RL is tough, i guess we all know that, but you will always find moral suport from all of us who love you here in PSFC
if there is anything i can do to help just ask... all of my prayers are n you hun

Thank you all very much. I am pretty choked up right now, and am totally grateful to my friends here.

Just let me know where you will be in November...because we are visiting!!

I'm sorry to hear this Yvette, but you don't have to feel sorry for your feelings on PSFC. I think this site is really like a family: you can't always be happy, but here you can be yourself with no problems!
We are here to cheer you up a little bit, if possible, or to try to understand you!

I think it's quite normal you feel that way in this moment... but I'm sure you and your husband will find a way to sort things out!

I don't know where we'll be, but I will be somewhere turning 40. congratulations As soon as I know where we are, then I will let you know. But, when you come to Germany, then I will be there to greet you. Smile

Thanks Chiaretta. It's not easy, but having friends like all of the folks here really makes like more bearable.

We havn't known each other very long but I feel we have become good friends. I wish you and your husband alot of luck and I will pray for you.I've always believed things happen for a reason and I hope it's a great reason for y'all. Your not a grump .....just stressed out. With good reason! Take care Smile