Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tromo3

didn't succesed school goal

I can't believe I got a THREE from a school subject :sniff: . Our school grade scale is from 1(The worst grade) to 5(The best grade)

And the bigger fault is my teacher. She said that we must bring plate, knife, fork and food that we eat with fork and knife. She didn't even said that we must prepare it to look like when the President comes. The exercise sounds and in the book says that is an exercise to learn to eat properly using fork and knife. :sniff: :tears flood the room:

I only brought knife, fork, plate and sausages. But she didn't mention decorations, she always said everything we have to bring. Example: Vase with flower, Tablecloth etc. 1hug:

And one question about English. I know people write etc. instead three dots(...), But what etc. stand for? :

oh... Sad

as for the etc... i can't remember exactly what the initials mean BUT it's "all the rest/like that(the previous ones)"

Tromo3 wrote:
I only brought knife, fork, plate and sausages. But she didn't mention decorations, she always said everything we have to bring. Example: Vase with flower, Tablecloth etc. 1hug:

And one question about English. I know people write etc. instead three dots(...), But what etc. stand for? :

ughhh... tell me about it!
we have one art teacher. we were doing linocuts. and most of uss didn't get to use the press andfinish their works. and i was her fault!
and more then a half of the class got an F (tromo, it's like 1) because ofi t!
F IN ART?

it's not your fault... you don't have to cry about it! some teachers are just lie that. you can' change them. you can onlyadapt to them... yes.sad, but true.

and btw etc means et cetera (and so on...)

Hope things get better for you. Yeah, I remember the day when I had teachers who were not the greatest in their field. Take care, and here's hoping things get better.

tweet40 wrote:
Tromo3 wrote:

we have one art teacher. we were doing linocuts. and most of uss didn't get to use the press andfinish their works. and i was her fault!
F IN ART?

it's not your fault... you don't have to cry about it! some teachers are just lie that. you can' change them. you can onlyadapt to them... yes.sad, but true.

What are linocuts. It is great that I don't have a teacher like my friend. He wasn't at Biology for a test (he was sick) and the teacher gave him a 1.

I thought in Serbia the grades are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 not F,D,C,B,A.

Another question: F means Failed and A means Advanced. Are B,C and D put randomly or they mean something?

I think they came up with the letter scale because of the order of the leters in the alphabet.

In Germany a 1 is the best mark, and a 6 is the worst.

In the US (and probably in other places) an A is the best and an F is the worst.
A is excellent
B is above average
C is average
D is below average
and F is failing

Tromo3 wrote:
tweet40 wrote:
Tromo3 wrote:

F IN ART?

What are linocuts. It is great that I don't have a teacher like my friend. He wasn't at Biology for a test (he was sick) and the teacher gave him a 1.

I thought in Serbia the grades are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 not F,D,C,B,A.

Another question: F means Failed and A means Advanced. Are B,C and D put randomly or they mean something?

linocuts are....''linorez'' Laughing
andyes, we do have from 1 to 5.... 'm just saying ABCDF for the thers to understand

It's okay tromo..I didn't fullfill mine either, which is the same as yours, but A's and not 5s..I did it last year, but I have tough teachers this year, so that just makes us work harder and know how to improve for next year. So next term/year, we could do better Smile

Got another three from Geography. And all school found out the same second and everyone is teasing me. Except my friends from the class and teachers of yourse Laughing

don't worry !!!!! it was a misunderstanding i'm sure you'll excell in the other cources and in that one!!!! you are a very good student and everyone knows it!

Etc. is a Latin abbreviation. There are a number of them in English, such as: e.g. and i.e.

Etc. is short for Etcetera. It means "and so on and so forth" or more literally "and other things."

E.g. is short for exempli gratia and means "for example."

I.e. is short for id est, which means "that is."

I have an English degree. Don't hesitate to ask me any other grammar questions you might have.