Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

When was the last time you had...

Guest Guest

How often do you have déjà vu? The last time I've had it was 3 months ago in school... I was looking at my friend and she was talking to me, something was really familiar in these words... So yeah, another déjà vu LOL.

When was the last time you had Déjà vu? Smile

every day when I go to bed and think of how another day has gone lol

Guest Guest

You're lucky Lisa lol Laughing
I've had it 73 days ago, so I wanna complain LMAO!

deja vu is a feeling that you have experienced that exact same moment some time before

Guest Guest
@glow88: From wikipedia:
Déjà vu (pronounced /ˈdeɪʒɑː ˈvuː/ ( listen); French: [deʒa vy] ( listen), "already seen"; also called paramnesia, from Greek παρα "para," "near, against, contrary to" + μνήμη "mnēmē," "memory") or promnesia, is the experience of feeling sure that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously (an individual feels as though an event has already happened or has happened in the recent past), although the exact circumstances of the previous encounter are uncertain. It is an experience of feeling sure that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously. The term was coined by a French psychic researcher, Émile Boirac (1851–1917) in his book L'Avenir des sciences psychiques ("The Future of Psychic Sciences"), which expanded upon an essay he wrote while an undergraduate. The experience of déjà vu is usually accompanied by a compelling sense of familiarity, and also a sense of "eeriness," "strangeness," "weirdness," or what Sigmund Freud and other psychologists call "the uncanny." The "previous" experience is most frequently attributed to a dream, although in some cases there is a firm sense that the experience has genuinely happened in the past.[1]
The experience of déjà vu seems to be quite common among adults and children alike. References to the experience of déjà vu are found in literature of the past,[2] indicating it is not a new phenomenon. It has been extremely difficult to evoke the déjà vu experience in laboratory settings, therefore making it a subject of few empirical studies. Certain researchers claim to have found ways to recreate this sensation using hypnosis.[3] However, the subject of hypnosis is controversial in some circles, and such data would demand proof that hypnosis is possible as per the manner the study implies.

Guest Guest
lea75 wrote:
deja vu is a feeling that you have experienced that exact same moment some time before

(adding) but not being certain that the moment has ever happened Laughing

haha thanks for the explaination!

hehe I seems to have it all the time...
Cause it seems like my life is like a routine, I always gets the same feeling of the same situation..
HAHA!

I have seriously had deja vu before. When I was a kid, I said that I had been to Salt Lake City, Utah. Of course, I had never in my life been there, but I was sooo convinced that I had actually been there. Whenever I see pictures of it, I get that weird feeling that I have been there before but, why I feel that way is just bizarre.

I've never questioned or even researched why I feel that way (although I do believe in reincarnation), it was just something that for some strange reason, I feel like I have been there.

Otherwise, when I feel this way, it's a small, rather insignificant thing with me.

Guest Guest
Some sci's say that it's because we have much neurons in our brain and when all information collapses, we experience deja vu.

i remember this one time when i was in school, we were doing this test in english and i said to the teacher "We have already done this one" and she told me we hadnt but i was totally convinced i had done it. I was reading the test and knew i had done it and sure enough i got all the answers correct. It was very weird

I actually experience deja vu at least once a month sparked by someone saying something to me, or being in a fearful state of something. If we do have past lives maybe that would explain my fear or dinosaurs lol.

I actually had a deja vu last night which is really ironic that you've created this topic

I'm sure I had it before, but I forget it, I think it's few month ago and the place is in my school.

Guest Guest

OMG I just had deja vu now! OMG OMG OMG!!!

I have it often Smile it is totally weird too

I had it the moment I met my husband and we have it a lot together.
VERY WEIRD! We laugh about it and I tell him that I probably, beat him with a cane in another life too

I haven't done that......... YET

Lol, I think about a day ago... That's crazy