Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

Avoid the Happy Pets Forum

Just a word of advice / warning. They are worse than TOF by far. People get warnings for the most idiotic things. I got one from there for saying that the new cats (at 150 credits) are astronomically priced and that I can't afford them. I don't think even TOF would be issuing warnings for something that petty and trivial.

The fact that that is the only Happy Pets support shows me beyond any doubt that we, as paying customers and players are left in the lurch by the powers that be because they are so set about making money that they refuse to listen to what anyone says. Just about every person who posted complained about it, but I guess no one there wants to hear it.

If all they want is positive feedback, then their company and game will not be all that successful in the long run, because constructive feedback is what gives them the edge, not hiding their heads under the rug and issuing warnings to people for saying what they think.

So, I will not go back to that forum at all and if something does happen with the game, then it's the general name, rank, serial number stuff. I adamantly refuse to discuss anything else with those people.

And here i thought TOF was bad.

thats really stupid! how can they give warnings to people just for voicing their opinion? you cant just expect people to say nothing but good things about a game, there are bound to be somethings people dont agree with, its called diversity Sad
I dont blame you for not going back hun xx

I know, and having been here for a number of months, and seeing how kind the staff has been to me (before I became moderator), it just boggles my mind that this happened. It's an abuse of power, and totally wrong. How can anyone really 'prosper' if they don't want to listen to what the customers are saying? I tend to avoid companies (in real life) when they treat me without regard or respect.

Just recently I went into an electronics store, and the security guard would not let me in because I had a backpack. I haven't been back there since, and my husband now buys his electronic gadgets somewhere else. It's the power of consumerism.

What bothers me is a lot of my friends (the same ones who said it was too pricey) now have these cats. I'm not going to buy any of them because they are too expensive. The power of temptation aside, I won't even click on them. Out of sight is out of mind.

I have written a message to Crowdstar about this, and once I get permission, I will post a link to a site where other people can leave real feedback, not just being taken to a poorly administrated forum. It is of my opinion that the more people who post letters to them, the more they will have to do something about the current state of things.

Here's what I wrote:

I find it very sad that those who post in your official forum are getting warnings for discussing the prices of your pets. The fact of the matter is, the prices are too high, and the forum is listed as the only place where players may obtain support for issues regarding the game. I had to dig pretty deep to find this page, which I will now bookmark because I want nothing more to do with that forum.

The new random cats (at 150 credits) are astronomically priced and even infrequent purchasers of credits, like me, cannot afford to buy them. I find that the issuing warnings for something that petty and trivial is absolutely absurd. As a moderator of a game related forum, I find it nothing more than an abuse of power and a refusal to listen to the thoughts and concerns of the players. I have given out well over 150€ (about 175 US$) for this game. As a paying customer, I expect to be treated with respect, and not talked down to as though I am a small child.

The fact that the forum is the only Happy Pets support place shows me beyond any doubt that we, as paying customers and players, are left in the lurch by a company that does not wish to hear constructive critiques or other concerns. If your company refuses to listen to what its customers are saying, then I will take my business to another company or game; it’s that simple. The fact that just about every person who posted in the feedback thread complained about this should mean something to you. Based on the response of your forum administrators; I can only ascertain that no one there really wishes to hear about it since there are those who would pay whatever price to get the pets.

As a result of my experiences with your forum, it would appear to me that all you wish to receive from your clients is positive reviews and nothing constructive. However, seeing the amount of dissatisfaction among the players really should mean something to Crowdstar.

Now, I adamantly refuse to ever return to the forum or start any of your new games. I may continue to play Happy Pets, because of my investment, but am contemplating no longer playing as a paying customer.

What the...? OMG, if we got a warning just for saying something is too pricey, we were all out from any forum LOL

I can't believe it. You have done it right, hun. There's no need to be in a rude forum, there are sweet places like this one

Unbelievable... I don't know if i should cry or laugh! Never the less... as i can't comment on the forum (doesn't even worth it for me) as you said you should keep playing happy pets as you like it quite a bit from what i know (and it's a decent kind of game Smile ) and you could only go to the forum to get an update... if they have..

I found very strange that there were few complaints about the game in general at that forum, now I understand why
If they warn just because one simple opinion, I cant imagine what they do with a complet rant complaint

I find the game quite interesting from the point of view of breeding, I like that and that is why I continue playing it

I sent a ticket to support 5 days ago (I had a missing dog and duplicate pets) and just today I had an answer, I will check the game soon to find if the game runs good now

I find some pets and items really really expensive, I was watching the random cat pics and of course that I wanted to buy one but ... gosh ... that is a lot of money

Of course now I have another feeling of that forum, censoring players ...what age they think they live?

Yeah, I spent my last few credits to buy a couple of those cheap boxes. I did pretty good, I got a dog (which I didn't want) but also got the cat clock, which I really liked.

It costs in the shop 16 credits, and I got it for 2. congratulations

Edit: I think they got my letter and responded. I just got a free love potion. Maybe the company is not really like depicted on the forum. I just hope that they crack down on the people who run their forum because it is a reflection on them.

The forum now has a direct link to support for problems and bugs. Yay. Now we don't ever have to deal with the forum again. Horray!

Hehe! Crowdstar really watches it's games! I like that on a company... And i have to admit that their games are not bad! They just have different range of players (which -for me- it's smart)

I think that my faith in them is back to where it was. I even went nuts and bought some random cats. I love them. Meet

Mister Spock

And

Spot

I had to grow up Mister Spock rather quickly because I have a friend who wanted to breed hers. Laughing I must be insane. congratulations

Tiddly Winks wrote:

I had to grow up Mister Spock rather quickly because I have a friend who wanted to breed hers. Laughing I must be insane. congratulations

I shall say no more...

well the reason they bann is really stupid
i love green cat so much^^very cute

Yvette, they are really cute. I wish we could have some pets forever young, with those giant heads Laughing

There is a Youth fountain, when pets get closer they are babies again, until they breed, something like that
I have been tryng to get it though mystery box that cost 2 fbc

I got two more during their half off sale. I wish I had more money, then I would have bought a bunch more. Oh well, maybe not such a bad thing.

I am using Star Trek names here because I like to keep groups of cats straight. I also have cats named Arlene and Garfield. Heheh.

Data (what else with those yellow eyes?)

Guinan (because I love Whoopie Goldberg in that show.)