Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaiamaiden

Im Back From My Trip To Warwick Castle - with pics!

Hi everyone!!!
Its been a very tiring day but we are back home now and ready to show some pictures of our day at the historic Warwick Castle. We set off at 6.45am and got back at about 8pm lol
 castle10.jpg
Image 1: This is it! This is what the entrance looks like, really nice isnt it? You can just see Dan in the bottom left corner carrying the cooler with the food in it lol

castle11.jpg
Image 2: We saw a celebrity there! But maybe a lot of you wont know him, his name is Tim Wonnacott and he presents a show called Bargain Hunt. We were actually walking behind him when they were filming so we might actually get to be on TV soon!! I tried to get a picture of him facing me but he never looked in my direction lol

castl311.jpg
Image 3 +4: This is a mound that went....quite high up but because we had been up and down all these steep steps and down long winding staircases I became very dizzy and couldnt walk much for a while, so I sat in the sun while the others went on without me.

Image 5: when they did get to the top of the wall of the castle they all looked shattered lol You can see Dan here hanging over the edge to call me on his mobile. There is no way I would have made it all the way up there and up to the top of the tower.

Image 6: We also had a look at some of the really posh rooms in the castle that would have been used by royalty and other rich people of the time. I loved this womans dress in one of the rooms.

Image 7: The beds and the other furniture were gorgeous!

Image 8: The Armory was of course, one of the lads favourite parts lol

Image 9: Another lovely picture of the castle, you can see the wall the others had to walk along and yes they did go all the way up to the top of the tower lol

Image 10: Another celebrity at the castle! Me and Dan both recognise her but we cant think of her name lol im sure we will figure it out lol

Image 11: Finally the best part! There is a little more to tell you about this picture lol
One of the new attactions was the Dungeon. We all had our picture taken as you can see (please remember Im nearly 5 months pregnant so I dont look my best lol). The people who did the tour stayed in character the whole time, they were brilliant!
It was dark inside and the tour was about all the horrible and gory things that when on in the castle.
At one point we were in this torture room and the person (dressed in costume of course) asked us if we knew what the different tools were, I recognised one of them as the tool they used to pull the tongues out lol She then asked me if I was a torture master and when I said no she said "we will have a chat later" lol I only knew what it was because it was in the film "The Mummy" lol
We then went into a room where they showed executions and one of my friends was chosen to go up and they pretended to chop her head off and our chair felt forward and water splattered everywhere! I screamed my head off lol
Then finally..............I WAS DRAGGED INTO IT! We went into a room where they showed how people were Sentenced in the court.....they picked on ME!!! I had to stand in the docks and was accused of being a witch that danced around a fire naked!!!!! So when he asked me if i wanted to plead guilty/not guilty or plead insanity....i choose INSANITY! just for a laugh! lol He then made me walk into a dark room on my own and someone jumped out on my and I screamed the place down lol
It was fantastic! lmao

Image 12: Last but not least we all went to see the show where they flung a flaming ball from a caterpault thingy called a Trebuchet. It was proper life size and we had to sit on a hill on the opposite side of the lake for safety, it was brilliant to watch!

looks like an amazing day hun...That is my type of day out, unfortunately its not something that would keep my kids entertained though Sad

Wow Stephanie that sounds amazing!! I loved the pictures especially the second to last one with you all in the torture room! It would be amazing to go see it! The dress and the furniture look so beautiful!! Reminds me of some ps items lol! So happy you enjoyed yourself but took it easy, now hopefully baby lets you rest well tonight! xx

it was tiring, there were loads of children there too. there were stalls and all sorts going on including Archery which I had a go at!! But i must admit most of the children were too tired after walking around to do anything bless them lol xx

myladyyawo wrote:
Wow Stephanie that sounds amazing!! I loved the pictures especially the second to last one with you all in the torture room! It would be amazing to go see it! The dress and the furniture look so beautiful!! Reminds me of some ps items lol! So happy you enjoyed yourself but took it easy, now hopefully baby lets you rest well tonight! xx

the best does remind me of a PS item lol thats why i took the pic lmao
the baby has been booting me all day! I can properly feel it now lmao

Grrr I just told my Hubby Dan about your trip and he was telling me that he's been there and was telling me how amazing it is. Soo Jealous! He's got a lot of family in Manchester so he's been to the UK a few times. I can't wait until we finally go.

myladyyawo wrote:
Grrr I just told my Hubby Dan about your trip and he was telling me that he's been there and was telling me how amazing it is. Soo Jealous! He's got a lot of family in Manchester so he's been to the UK a few times. I can't wait until we finally go.

its well worth the trip hun! xx it was a long distance for even us to travel, i will be going to bed soon, thank heavens i dont have work tomorrow lmao xx

Not waiting for the new Twilight Halloween items? Wow!! You must really be wiped out Stephanie! Have a wonderful sleep, hopefully baby will relax soon! So exciting that he/she is moving about so much now, soon Dan will get to feel it too!

I was going to try and stay up but I know I wont make it lol As much as I love Twilight my bed is calling me lmao
I became very dizzy at some points so I think I need another good nights sleep xx

I'm going to put it in my list of places I must go! It's amazing and so romantic

i knew it! just knew it...the second i saw you...i knew you were the naked dance around the fire witchy-type!!! LOL!

sounds like you and dan had a blast. it's so amazing that there are castles over there. i wish i could see them too! it's amazing to walk through history like that! thanks for sharing your pics with us.

...and you look fab for 5 months!!

They will always be there tomorrow when you wake up! Sounds like you definitely need a good sleep! Make sure your drinking a lot of fluids sweetie.

And Smorkle is right! You look great for 5 months Steph!

Wow looks very interesting! Reminds me of a subject im taking right now at uni xD. I hope you had a great time there

smorkle wrote:
i knew it! just knew it...the second i saw you...i knew you were the naked dance around the fire witchy-type!!! LOL!

sounds like you and dan had a blast. it's so amazing that there are castles over there. i wish i could see them too! it's amazing to walk through history like that! thanks for sharing your pics with us.

...and you look fab for 5 months!!

I only look decent because I was hiding everything under a jumper! LMAO

Gaiamaiden wrote:

I only look decent because I was hiding everything under a jumper! LMAO

oh silly! you look great to me!! jumper and all!!

LMAO omg lucky you wouldnt!! it was so embarrassing!!!! i always get picked on at these sort of shows lol

Gaiamaiden wrote:
LMAO omg lucky you wouldnt!! it was so embarrassing!!!! i always get picked on at these sort of shows lol

naaaahhhhhh... I would!!! I love all about castles, witches etc.. And i mean all!!! Call me crazy if you like but it's one of the most interesting periods in(or is it of? :/ ) time for me congratulations

And the place i want to visit the most is Scottland and England for that reason! congratulations

Looks like you had a great time Stephanie congratulations
I can't remember if I've ever been there before, I think we went to Warwick once but I don't think we went into the castle and into the grounds but it looks like a good place to go.
About the celebrity in image 10, isn't it Rosemary Shrager (or however you spell it) the chef? I could be wrong but that's who it reminded me of anyway : )

I remember when I was in secondary school, we went to like a camp thing for a week and there was some miniature trebuchets there and someone set it off before it was ready and I got hit in the face with it SadSad not the best day of schooltime for me Laughing but I didn't realise the real size ones were actually that big!!!

And like others have said you look fantastic for 5 months pregnant hun! congratulations

THATS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS HUN WE HAVE BEEN RACKING OUR BRAINS TRYING TO THINK OF HER NAME!!!!

Dan thought she was a chef but he couldnt think of her name!!! thanks hun!!!

Oh dear hun, no wonder you didnt like trebuchets xx
it was amazing to see a full size one though, and watch them fire a fireball from it congratulations

wow, i've just see this topics.
and i really jealous at you, gaia. that castle is so gorgeous. you've must have a very very great time there.

Gaiamaiden wrote:
THATS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS HUN WE HAVE BEEN RACKING OUR BRAINS TRYING TO THINK OF HER NAME!!!!

Dan thought she was a chef but he couldnt think of her name!!! thanks hun!!!

Oh dear hun, no wonder you didnt like trebuchets xx
it was amazing to see a full size one though, and watch them fire a fireball from it congratulations

Yay I was right, glad I could help hun congratulations I only know her name because she was on 'This Morning' recently Laughing but I think she's also the chef on that 'Ladette to Lady' show aswell isn't she? Glad I could help though

Nope I'm not a big fan of them, silly immature school boy Laughing Oooooh, it threw an actual fireball??? wow I'd love to see that!

Guest Guest

omg i love Warwick.. i wanna visit it one day.. there's a few other medieval/old english castles i wanna visit one day.

those are such great photos. you're one lucky lady Gaia! i love the pics of the castle from a far and the dress is amazing..