Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xPink.Pixel.Princessx

I have learned a valuble lesson today and i dont even go to school =P

Something has happend and i had to ask an opinion from3 amazing people who i can trust and who have helped me out remarkably well today.......... just to see what they thought was the right thing to do.

So they all come back with the same answer:

Fess up to your wrong doings and dont tell lies....
Even if its a white lie...It can get you into more trouble.

Iv learned a valuble lesson today and thats.....if you have dont something wrong...then tell the truth......Dont lie because it will just get worse.

I just wanted to share this with everyone so they can too....learn a valuble lesson.

Thanks to the people that helped me with this... You are truly amazing people and i knew i could count on you to tell me your holist opinions. Ashamed

Don't get me wrong as i do agree.. but sometimes a white lie never hurt..

ex. a friend looooves an old mobile of his and you hate it... why brake his/her hurt or fight over it? You can simply say nothing or just a few things..

But i do agree with you Smile

Its alwyas best to be upfront and tell the truth ...lies, even white ones can come back and bite yuo on the bum Smile

Kasi is so right. My brother is a born lier but he ALWAYS got caught and he has never stopped so you can tell what people think of him

Im just worried tho cause of the situation. Just hope it all goes alrite and iv still got the bond that was already there. I really should elarn to listen and think before doing something....
Iv sure learned my lesson tho =/

everyone makes mistakes, it is always the best thing to do to tell the truth about them straight away, otherwise when the truth comes out (and it always does seem to lol) the other person will be more hurt by the lies than by the mistake you made xx

There are some truths that are better left unsaid, some things people don't need to know.

A good guide is imagining you are in the other person's position. Would you want to know? But sometimes it is really hard to imagine what it is like not to know and still figure out if you would want to know or not.

Another good guide is whether telling it is a benefit to yourself or not. If telling the truth hurts feelings and also makes you feel superior or lets you gloat or brag, or if you are feeling guilty and telling will upset the person but let you feel less guilty -- in these cases, likely it is not something you should tell the truth about (or talk about at all if you can avoid). But if telling the truth maybe will make someone mad at you, but help them, then you should do it.

Leahfy wrote:
There are some truths that are better left unsaid, some things people don't need to know.

I think there is a huge difference though between not saying things, and lying.

for instance:
If you see a close friend wearing a top which looks awful on them, yet they really like it...then saying nothing is not lying or being deceitful, you are just not saying anything.
Yet if they ask for your advice on the top then I think there is a way of not lying yet still not hurting them...i.e. I prefer your black top, it looks amazing on you. Imagine if you said you loved it then they went out and had nasty comments because of the top? They could blame you for saying it looked nice and not being truthful.

Sorry babbling now lol...as a parent I think I have a very stict view on lying...I wont put up with it at all from my kids. If they do something wrong and then lie about it, not only will they be punished for whatever the incident was but they will have an extra punishment on top for lying as well