Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea75

What date...

What date do you want PSFC to add the Christmas theme? (banner, buttons and such)

I was thinking 1st December (ish lol) but was wondering if you thought this was too early?

What are your opinions??

1st of December for me is ok, that's when I used to start decorating our house congratulationscongratulationscongratulations

I think 1st DEcember is the best time. Will there be snow like last year?

I'm not sure what there will be yet hun.

HTML is not my strong point...but I will do my very best x

Gaiamaiden wrote:
I think Dec 1st is fine congratulations thats when a lot of people put up their decorations congratulations xx (ME!)

OMG ..whats wrong with putting them up Xmas Eve ???? LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing or is that just me Ashamed

my tree goes up on the first of December...much to Mums disgust lol

I love Christmas decorations Smile

Must admit I am not in a Christmas mood at the moment though. My son is singing Christmas songs, very loudly (and very out of tune )...and its only November!!!

i love celebrating xmas so the longer i have the decorations up the better, they go up on Dec 1st and they dont come down until 12 days after xmas day xx

Dec 1st is more than fine! can you believe a lot people here had already decorated for christmas since like mid-october Laughing

Our first advent is the 28th of November if that helps. That's usually when people start decorating, but it would seem that Christmas comes earlier each year.

I also think Dec 1st is an appropriate date :-)
We start decorating after Dec 6th, as we first have another holiday then, called Saint Nicholas.

Oh I love St. NIcholas day. We have candy in our shoes. I always try to find something nice for Sven to put there on that day. It's a wonderful tradition.

Gaiamaiden wrote:
I think Dec 1st is fine congratulations thats when a lot of people put up their decorations congratulations xx (ME!)

I like to put mine up in November. Ashamed

I was worried about putting it up too early in case you all got bored of it lol, but seems you are all as bad as me for putting the decs up as early as possible (well apart from Kasi lol)

I think the 1st seems to be ok with everyone so far..oh and it looks like there will be snow this year

Yvette, I love it too. Even though I am a grown up know, and know that St. Nicholas isn't real (oops hahaha), I still love it all. Seeing how children put up their shoe and are afraid to go to bed in case they can hear him and his white horse (it has a specific name) on the roof, with his assistants...

And YAY for snow!!!

I would love to hear more about the traditions around the world...maybe we can make a feature of it in the group this year?

That actually sounds like a great idea to me, I would like to know more too

In latin america we celebrate el dia de los Reyes Magos (The three wise men) in january 6, just like Santa Claus they bring gifts to kids (we receive gifts twice!). Children leave their letters under the christmas tree or inside their shoes,cigarettes and rum for the wise men( just like cookies and milk for Santa) and grass and water for their camels.

Gabs Giggles wrote:
In latin america we celebrate el dia de los Reyes Magos (The three wise men) in january 6, just like Santa Claus they bring gifts to kids (we receive gifts twice!). Children leave their letters under the christmas tree or inside their shoes,cigarettes and rum for the wise men( just like cookies and milk for Santa) and grass and water for their camels.

Yes, here in Spain celebrate that too They're supposed to be the three magi/wise men (later they were considered kings) of the east, who brought presents to baby Jesus. They "leave" gifts the night between 5 and 6 of January.

Now is very usual to celebrate both dates. Some parents give the gifts to their children in one or the other date, other parents celebrate both. On 6th of January we have a special desert: "roscón de Reyes":

There are two things hidden in it: a bean and a figurine. The one who finds the bean has to pay the "roscón"; the one who finds the figurine is crowned with the paper crown Laughing

Ursula wrote:
Gabs Giggles wrote:

Yes, here in Spain celebrate that too They're supposed to be the three magi/wise men (later they were considered kings) of the east, who brought presents to baby Jesus. They "leave" gifts the night between 5 and 6 of January.

Now is very usual to celebrate both dates. Some parents give the gifts to their children in one or the other date, other parents celebrate both. On 6th of January we have a special desert: "roscón de Reyes":

There are two things hidden in it: a bean and a figurine. The one who finds the bean has to pay the "roscón"; the one who finds the figurine is crowned with the paper crown Laughing

Yeah, with hot chocolate yummy,here is only the baby figurine Laughing

We also have a holiday on Jan 6th, called "Epiphany"

The Dutch and Flemish call this day Drie Koningen (Three Kings' Day). In the Netherlands and Belgium, children in groups of three (symbolising the three kings) proceed in costume from house to house while singing songs typical for the occasion, and receiving a coin or some sweets at each door.