Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CharlotteLouise

I've ordered my new laptop at last! Yay! :)

Well as the title says I've ordered myself a new laptop at longggggg last! I decided to go for this Sony VAIO one......

Anyone that knows me will probably know I loveeeeee pink so I fell in love with this one when I saw it! It's not a colour for everyone I know but I personally like it!
I can't wait for it to arrive though but when I ordered it online it said it's going to take upto 4 to 5 weeks to be shipped!!! But I guess that's what you get when you want a custom built laptop to your own specification Laughing I just hope it's not actually going to take that long to get here! I only want a laptop building, not a spaceship!!! Laughing Ahwell fingers crossed it comes sooner

The laptop I've currently got isn't too bad but it occasionally has its moments when it messes about and malfunctions Laughing and has a slight crack at the hinge so I wanted to get myself a new one just incase this one broke completely so yeah I went with this pink laptop! congratulations

Anyone else have a Sony VAIO laptop?

Not really my color, but as long as you're happy, then have a great time with it. I am so loving my new laptop, have already had it during Christmas, and then have it for writing. Smile Love it.

i have a mac, not a vaio, but i've heard they are pretty nice!
i'm really excited for your new laptop!!!! i like the color too!!!! eek!!!

i've got a vaio. kinda old already, and my parents didn't want me to get a really good one, since technology moves so quickly..so basically..a basic one kinda.

i've got the ns140d.

probably going to get a new one at the end of the year if prices aren't bad for ones with i7 chips.

I need to start looking around for one for my son..he wants money for his Birthday so he can get himself a laptop. Got to find a decent one, reasonably priced

I got an Acer and love it. It has a matt screen and it was reasonably priced at 417€ (sorry don't know the Pound conversion there).

Wow, it's so beautiful! Sony Vaio is a good choice, I think (maybe too expensive for me). And the colour is great, nobody would ever steal it because everyone would know that!!!! LaughingcongratulationsLaughing

@Yvette: Wow I didn't realise you'd had your laptop that long already, its gone quick! Glad you're enjoying yours though My current laptop is an Acer and I really liked it but just wanted something new and I initially was going to get another Acer but the colour of this Sony kinda sold it to me

@Jeanie: Hehe it was the colour that mainly sold it for me My boyfriend preferred the baby pink colour but the pictures of that just looked sooo washed out so I wanted something more colourful : )

@Mangoberri: I understand what you mean, technology just moves forward soooo quickly but the i7's are just sooo expensive at the moment and my dad, who's an electrical engineer and builds his own desktops, said an i5 is perfectly fast enough for a laptop and i7's can sometimes actually overheat a laptop! So I went with an i5 mainly for that reason but also because its cheaper than i7! Laughing

@Lisa: I've personally custom built mine on the Sony website so I could put exactly what I wanted in it and its actually worked out cheaper than buying one from a 3rd party like Amazon or another store so maybe its worth looking on direct websites like Sony or Acer themselves : )

@Claudia: Thankyou congratulations I've been told Sony VAIO is meant to be good so fingers crossed it is! I thought it was going to be too expensive for me aswell but they don't have to be - you should look on the Sony website as you can build laptops on there to have them exactly how you want them so it can sometimes work out cheaper to get them that way than buying them from other shops. Exactly, its not a common colour so if it ever got stolen then it would be quite easy to spot it Laughing I've also had free engraving put on it which I'm having my name put on it in small writing by the hinge so that's an extra security feature but I think the colour should be enough! LaughingLaughing

@Anastasia: Yep congratulations hehe, have you got a Sony VAIO? or have you had one before?
I bought it direct off the Sony website where I was able to configure it to my own specification so its custom made so takes longer to be shipped as it has to be made specially for me! congratulations

Lucky Strike wrote:
i have a dell.. vaio is not so much my taste but it's really popular! congratulations

Ohh ok, Dell seems like quite an expensive brand because while I was looking for a new laptop I looked at some Dell ones but they seemed really expensive for quite a poor spec so I decided not to get a Dell as they're very pricey! Laughing

I had an email last night from Sony saying the estimated shipping date for my laptop is between 28th January and 2nd February! There's still a small possibility that it might not come then but it looks promising but fingers crossed it does!
I'm really pleased though as it'll be here about 2-3 weeks sooner than they originally said on their website when I ordered it! I'm so excited hehe, yay congratulations

it's like christmas for you all over again this month (or maybe next congratulations )
so exciting!!!

smorkle wrote:
it's like christmas for you all over again this month (or maybe next congratulations )
so exciting!!!

It is! I feel like such a little kid getting all excited congratulations

yeah!!

Glad you are happy with it hun. They are so expensive and there are so many different ones out there, that its hard to make a choice lol

My son got a new laptop yesterday, and it gave me a right headache researching them lol xx

I know about the headache factor too, I bought one back in November, but was so happy with it once I got it. It was worth the trouble.

hmmm.. I am thinking that I need a new laptop too.. my Dell Vostro 1200 is broken.. and My P.S is not working properly as well....

but I dont have cash right now.. what do think is a good laptop but not too expensive.. Sad

lea75 wrote:
yeah!!

Glad you are happy with it hun. They are so expensive and there are so many different ones out there, that its hard to make a choice lol

My son got a new laptop yesterday, and it gave me a right headache researching them lol xx

Thankyou hun I completely agree, I had sooo much trouble trying to decide which laptop to get as there's so much choice but once I saw this pink one I'd made my choice : ) hehe.
Awww lol, how's he liking his new laptop? x

Tiddly Winks wrote:
I know about the headache factor too, I bought one back in November, but was so happy with it once I got it. It was worth the trouble.

I agree, it's definitely worth the trouble at the end once you've got one you like and are happy with : )

ayathon wrote:
hmmm.. I am thinking that I need a new laptop too.. my Dell Vostro 1200 is broken.. and My P.S is not working properly as well....

but I dont have cash right now.. what do think is a good laptop but not too expensive.. Sad

Ummm I wouldn't know sorry Sad but I hope you can find a good laptop that isn't too expensive!

CharlotteLouise wrote:
My new laptop came yesterday (Thursday) just before lunchtime so I was really happy! congratulations hehe I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it! hehe

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulationscongratulationscongratulations

Have you personallized it?? What's your new desktop image???? May it last for a really long and pleasant time!!

ayathon wrote:

Well.. It dependsby what you mean by expensive.. I mean that some people might say that a 600 euros/$ is ok for a laptop and others that it's ok or even cheap..

So before I say another thing i need to kno that

Nontheless the most "cheap" laptops are usually the generaton before the newest one (but i would recommend something like that as they will live from 6 months to a year less depending on the use) and then brands like dell (definatly recommend! plus they all have 2 years guarantee!), toshiba (not the last model), etc.. obviously sony is not an option

Lucky Strike wrote:
CharlotteLouise wrote:
My new laptop came yesterday (Thursday) just before lunchtime so I was really happy! congratulations hehe I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it! hehe

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulationscongratulationscongratulations

Have you personallized it?? What's your new desktop image???? May it last for a really long and pleasant time!!

Hehe thankyou congratulations
What do you mean? I had it personalized by having my name engraved in small writing on the left corner but what else do you mean? Like backgrounds and stuff? At the moment I've got a picture of a little cute Golden Retriever puppy as my background =P hehe but I might look for some more later. I was trying out the slideshow desktop backgrounds yesterday - it changes the picture of the desktop background itself after30minutes or whatever you set it to but it's quite clever how it changes pics : ) Thanks congratulations
What desktop image/background have you got for your new laptop?

Lucky Strike wrote:
obviously sony is not an option

What's wrong with Sony? Laughing