Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

What is up with me???

Okay, this is weird, but for the last four or five days, my body has been feeling weird. I can't really explain it, but there are moments when I feel nauseous, and then I feel hot. I don't want to say hot flashes becuase I am probably too young for menopause. But, this is just weird.

I started thinking that it may be because of stress and how stress has a tendency to do wacky things to a person, but I can't really figure it out. My stomach feels weird, my head hurts, and I am sometimes thinking about wacky stupid stuff. Like the issues of being estranged from my family.

On top of that, for the last three nights or so I have been having some very strange dreams. Like one night, I was homeless in London, and on another night, I dreamt about a friend I had back in high school. It's just been weird.

What is up with me? Is the whole job thing starting to do a number on my body as well as my head? I hope Sven finds work soon, I am feeling like I'm on a strange ride, all of which goes uphill.

Please hope for both of our well being that something comes soon. I don't know how much more wacko weirdness I can take.

stress can play nasty tricks on you hun...including physical symptoms

It might be a good idea to go the docs though hun, just to have a check over....then when you get the all clear, we can support you, (or kick you up the backside, which ever you need lol) through everything xxxxxx

I would agree with Lisa. It would probably be good to see the doctor. Then at least you would know that there isn't a physical reason for how you're feeling.

I went through a very stressful time about 10 years ago and found that staying very physically active made a big difference. I was able to deal with the stress much better. And there are actually reasons that physical activity helps, although I don't remember anymore how it was explained to me.

I agree with the above statements..

This is a lot of strees and anxiety presenting.. You worry tooooo much.. (i never said for no reason but still.. it's no good for the health Sad )
Try to relax.. Drink something to make you feel calm before you sleep and read a book or even preferably see a movie (because of the image) so you think of that as you're sleeping.. Anything to get you distracted long enough to have a good sleep.. If you stop sleeping well the least of the problems would be a nightmare (but that's tooooo far away..)

And i also second Lisa's parenthesis!

I think you might need to see your doctor and probably you're feeling so stress.. try to relax for awhile...

Don't think you are too young for the menopause either ..I went through mine between 39 and 42 .( Had test at 42 and was post menopausal, but it was difficult in the interim to convince docs that was the problem) ..be firm with them.
I do agree with all the others though, it could just be stress that is getting to you. Take care xx

Okay, I'll probably make an appointment to see the doctor this week, just to make sure. I also wasn't sure when women generally went through menopause, I always figured it ws mid 40's, and I just turned 40 last year. So, it could explain a lot. I'll talk to my doctor about it nonetheless.

I did sleep well last night, no memories of strange dreams, so it may all boil down to the time of the month, and stress.

it sounds alot like stress hun, ive been going through something simular with the problems with Dan and his job. its surprising what stress can do to the human body xx but seeing the doctor would be a good idea just in case.
Sometimes just seeing and talking to a doctor to rule things out helps a great deal and as Lisa said, we can all support you along the way xxx

Thanks hun. Surprisingly, I feel a lot better today, a bit like my old self, even if I got a bit of a migraine from these weather changes. If the weirdness returns, I'll set an appointment at my doctor's office.

Going in and saying 'Gee Doc, I feel weird' may not go over well.

Tiddly Winks wrote:

Going in and saying 'Gee Doc, I feel weird' may not go over well.

Trust me it wont be the first time that they have heard it

Probably not. But, I'm feeling surprisingly better today. I think it was my monthly beast giving me grief. Not the first time there, I'm afraid, and won't be the last.

The joys of womenhood.