Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Village Mayor-petsociety

How to use the Reputation System

The Rep system we have is very simple to use, it's a great way to let other members know if a member is trustworthy or not, generous and favourable around the forums.

Positive Reputation can be added to a user by clicking on the + and Negative Reputation can be added by clicking -. When you click on +, 1 Reputation point will be added to that member, When you click on -, 1 Reputation point with be deducted from that member.

1. On the right hand side of everyone's post you will see a + / -
 rep110.png

Click on the + To add reputation and the bar will turn green
 rep210.png

Click on the - to give negative reputation and the bar will turn green
 rep310.png

Sometimes the bar might be both green/red, this just shows other members votes also (so some have given the member negative reputation and some have given them positive reputation, hold your cursor over the bar to view full details.)
 rep410.png

You can view members reputation (including your own) on the left hand side of the forum under the members username.
 rep510.png

And thats it, if you need any help then please ask a moderator or admin who will be happy to help you.

Guest Guest
thank you Steve check my posts in moderators area!

steve..did min_hay told u that my visitor message thing dun work Sad i cant leave message on other people's profile

Guest Guest
thread merged!

Steve wrote:
Rep System Explained

The Rep system we have is very simple to use, here i will try to explain how it is used.

To Start You click on + for positive rep or - for negative rep. When you click on + 1 rep point will be given to the user, when you click - a rep point will be deducted from the user. Rep points of the user are displayed under there avitar. (See pictures below for where to locate users rep points and where to located the + and - buttons, remember you cannot see your own only other users)

This is where rep points are displayed under the users avitar

This is where you can find the buttons to rep the user.

If a thread has been voted positive you will notice the bar where the + and - is changes to green, If the thread has been voted negative then you will notice the bar changes to red. (See image below), all users can see this and this is a simple indicated to wether this trade was successful or not. (Instead of sifting through loads of pages of rep etc, just look at the thread and look for the green bar, we recomended after a trade that the sellers first post is repped and the buyers post where the offer is accepted is repped and visitor messages left, this will ensure that it is noticable to all users of the forums)

This shows that this trade was successful as the bar is coloured green after a member voting positive.

This shows that this trade was un-successful as the bar is coloured red after a member voting negative.

To view a persons full rep history you can go to there profile by clicking the users name when in there profile you will need to navigate to Statistics here you can find out how many posts the user has done, postive rep points, negative rep points, how long the user has been active and much more. You will also see a tab Visitor Messages here is where you can view users visitors messages and leave messages. To leave a message when on the Visitor Messages page simply click the NEWPM button then type your message and it will then be displayed in the visitor messages for all users to see.

I hope this explains the rep system a bit more for everyone, once again its really simple to use.

I've looked and looked and I can't find the newpm button anywhere to leave a visitors message, I wanted to add one after a safe trade I had. I've tried looking on other peoples profiles too and I still don't see it, maybe I am blind tho 8)

lianye wrote:
Steve wrote:
Rep System Explained

The Rep system we have is very simple to use, here i will try to explain how it is used.

To Start You click on + for positive rep or - for negative rep. When you click on + 1 rep point will be given to the user, when you click - a rep point will be deducted from the user. Rep points of the user are displayed under there avitar. (See pictures below for where to locate users rep points and where to located the + and - buttons, remember you cannot see your own only other users)

If a thread has been voted positive you will notice the bar where the + and - is changes to green, If the thread has been voted negative then you will notice the bar changes to red. (See image below), all users can see this and this is a simple indicated to wether this trade was successful or not. (Instead of sifting through loads of pages of rep etc, just look at the thread and look for the green bar, we recomended after a trade that the sellers first post is repped and the buyers post where the offer is accepted is repped and visitor messages left, this will ensure that it is noticable to all users of the forums)

This shows that this trade was successful as the bar is coloured green after a member voting positive.

This shows that this trade was un-successful as the bar is coloured red after a member voting negative.

To view a persons full rep history you can go to there profile by clicking the users name when in there profile you will need to navigate to Statistics here you can find out how many posts the user has done, postive rep points, negative rep points, how long the user has been active and much more. You will also see a tab Visitor Messages here is where you can view users visitors messages and leave messages. To leave a message when on the Visitor Messages page simply click the NEWPM button then type your message and it will then be displayed in the visitor messages for all users to see.

I hope this explains the rep system a bit more for everyone, once again its really simple to use.

I've looked and looked and I can't find the newpm button anywhere to leave a visitors message, I wanted to add one after a safe trade I had. I've tried looking on other peoples profiles too and I still don't see it, maybe I am blind tho 8)

Ok i will fix that for you, please PM me!

Steve wrote:
lianye wrote:
Steve wrote:
Rep System Explained

Ok i will fix that for you, please PM me!

Will do! thank you!

Hi,
I would like to give good rep to someone I did a trade with, but the + and - signs are not visible in any of the posts I am looking at. Sometimes I can see a green bar that shows someone else gave someone good rep, but I can't find the buttons to give it myself (Not even above and below the green line). How can I fix this? Thanks

jocunddaffodils wrote:
Hi,
I would like to give good rep to someone I did a trade with, but the + and - signs are not visible in any of the posts I am looking at. Sometimes I can see a green bar that shows someone else gave someone good rep, but I can't find the buttons to give it myself (Not even above and below the green line). How can I fix this? Thanks

i have the same problem, can't find the + and - sign. Can anybody help me? I really cannot find them, they are really not there. Is it because of the tread is allready closed, am i too late to give it? :scratch:

i think that you need 10 posts before you want give someone rep

Guest Guest
crohunter wrote:
i think that you need 10 posts before you want give someone rep

no....it not like the playfish forum...you can give rep even from the 1st post

but when i just joined the forum i was not able to give rep

Guest Guest
crohunter wrote:
but when i just joined the forum i was not able to give rep

i dont know i will ask steve

I can't see the + / - button at all?

Aurey wrote:

Me neither .. please help as I really want to rep someone for a good trade

Guest Guest
kasijab wrote:
Aurey wrote:

it is right there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

did you see the first pics and the post??

jwr wrote:
kasijab wrote:
Aurey wrote:

it is right there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I can't see it neither, can you edit permissions? maybe we are not permitted to add rep.
or maybe its our post count group which is unable to add rep.

jwr wrote:
kasijab wrote:
Aurey wrote:

I did see the first post and read it through but believe me on my screen it is not there.

Guest Guest
kasijab wrote:
jwr wrote:
kasijab wrote:
Aurey wrote:

I did see the first post and read it through but believe me on my screen it is not there.

if you are online it is exactly under the online image!on your post

jwr wrote:
kasijab wrote:
jwr wrote:
kasijab wrote:
Aurey wrote:

It is not there ... if I knew how to do a screen grab I would do it to show you

Guest Guest
kasijab wrote:
jwr wrote:
kasijab wrote:
jwr wrote:
kasijab wrote:
Aurey wrote:

It is not there ... if I knew how to do a screen grab I would do it to show you

click the PRTSC button or Print Screen on your keyboardand then paste to paint

Guest Guest

bubles put something smaller congratulations

Bubbles wrote:

there Smile

Thank you but most definitely not there. I have tried to do the print screen thing,(alt+prtScr) but nothing is happening .. sorry

hmmmm.... mebe they are still new tats why?
hmm jwr mebe u shud ask steve~~

Guest Guest
yes i am going to ask him!

Issue Solved.

The rep system for some reason was asking members to post 10 times before being able to vote. This has now been reset to 0 and now all members should see the rep buttons.

Please let me know if you cannot

I see them now .. many thanks for prompt action.

Guest Guest
thanks you steve

wendyfuquay wrote:
How do I take a pic of my pet and her room.
hi hun i will send you a pm xx then ask al the questions you like Laughing xx billbo baggings xx

can someone help me
i do not see a plus or minus next to the reputation line

spitfir3 wrote:
can someone help me
i do not see a plus or minus next to the reputation line

Hi Spitfir3..I see it on yours..its right under the 'your online' top right corner side...let me know if you still need help ^_^

underneath where it says I'm online there should be a little + or -...if there is not, then please take a screen shot and show us congratulations