Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rayz-HWC

R/C Drifting....

Was wondering if anyone else like me who likes to get into this hobby? It's pretty heavy investment but seems VERY enjoyable...almost able to play anywhere and more professional Wink...hehehehe....lots of customizing potential too Smile

An intro to....Remote Control Car Drifting

To be frank...there are x2 scale of this hobby...the 1:18s or the 1:43 Tomy and some other off brands has those odd scales and the 1:43...think there's a couple on the shelfs at Juscos @ RM130 if I'm not mistaken....

As for the larger scales - also got powered by batterys or fuel. Battery operated ones can get cheaper at lots of hobby stores, handful can be found at Nikko @ Midvalley but VELI expensive there oh pale

As for the fuel powered ones...these can go above RM700 onwards. Accessories and gadgets - the works will set us back about RM1800 to be comfortable and be on average power la...hehehe

But I'd advise newbies to start with those on the shelf kind by Tomy...those are fun too, need only small space...also can customize too Wink...put tampos, side mirrors, skirting etc...

Anyone tried Kyosho's Mini Z series? It's small (size abt 1/24 scale) but very pricey. not sure if it is worth to invest on this hehe :-)

HOTWORKS DRIFT RC accessories~show u RX7 Amemiya Spec 1st~

Spoiler:

Front view:
Spoiler:

Back view:
Spoiler:

Top view:
Spoiler:

More details:
Spoiler:

kukubeh wrote:
^ is this shop the one in Peel road?

yup!
my supplier loh~

Tkt you should've taken pics of both the Nissan bodies too since you at the shop! These guys sure *slurping*...hahaha

....aphong...that brand is kinda more expensive ones, maybe can compare to Nikko product prices...instead Kyosho should be more expensive, like the other, more expensive some more...Yokomo. These guys are the #1 in R/C...

Cawan starting Mid 2006, RC Drift with Tamiya TT-01D chasis..

- Complete car set is (basic) - Rm 799
- Controller with Servo (basic) - Rm 300
- LRP BigMama Battery 4200, Matched Shoulder (pro) - Rm 200
- Power Cut Charger (basic)- Rm 200
- Yokomo Drift Rim + Tyre x 4 (pro) - Rm 200

until now, yes it turning.. he he..

// yes, u need all of this to start drifting.. cant skip laa.. ++ some more small acccessories..

Less M'sian play nitro drift.. i mean very2 less.. that reason RC nitro is not recommended.. somemore u will burn the engines as low ratio spinning..

those engines cant controllable to do nice / perfect drift.. Razz

Cawan..so means it set up back by RM1800+ lo!!! But it's fun Smile...where you drifting la??

got 3 reference shop that i usually go..

- Tamiya underground (complete shop for all chasis upgrade part) + free carpet track for drift..

- RC Planet Speedway, SS19 Subang Jaya - http://www.d1-10rc.com/forums/index.php - good forums for Msian

- and lastly at near Glanmarie..

// i think someone from Hot Wheels collector also a RC drifter here.. we meet few time..
// now less playing RC.. in store room.. ha haa..

Start slow guys if want to enjoy the trill.. build up the car 1st.. upgrade later..
as for me, so many list to upgrade the car.. even the car shell body is Rm 100.. 2 tin of body paint spray Rm ++ study

OooOooOoooo...Silvia ha!! Wink....NiCe!!! Let me start this one day....and race with mwa sKyLiNE!! Wink