Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sinclair

Display case from Daiso

While I was hunting in IOI Mall, Puchong, decided to drop into the new Daiso shop in the new wing of the complex. Maybe got HW selling at RM5?? Lol.

Anyway, after browsing a bit, saw this 2 types of display cases.

1. Square. Measurements in pic

2. Rectangle. Measurements in pic too.

I bought one of each to try out. Price? You should know, hehe.

From the side, the cases look like this.

Decided to try both out with my Drag Buses:

Ack, it is a tight fit in the rectangle case for the 2 buses. Slightly touching the edges and the 2 buses are very close to each other.

Much better fit in the square/cube case. The spacing is I think is ideal, like this case was made for your buses! hehe

Time to get my DD's out for their new home. They have been living in atrocious conditions in the darkness of a box, hehe.

Oh, no! The DD's seem to be larger than the Drag Buses. No matter how I try, I can't close the top of the rectangle display case with 2 DD's on the stand. With only 1, seems to be quite empty.

Now I try the square/cube case. Ah, like the buses, a perfect fit. Some may like more spacing, but with this compact size, I can put more on the shelf.

Ah well, looks like I will leave the Drag Buses in the rectangle case and the DD's in the square/cube case.

Conclusion : Seem to be really good value for money at RM5 each. Those who bought the Shell James Bond car for the case, these Daiso cases I think is better. A better home for your loose cars.

Quality? Look at the label, dudes - Made in Japan! I don't know how many Daiso got in stock, but those on the shelf were in limited quantity. When buying, check the transparent case coz it can scratch easily.

nice display sinclair. last time daiso got sell that display but it can fit for 4 cars.if im not mistaken you can look back at solid snake loose car display topic..maybe different daiso sell different type of that..

toycarsmy wrote:
With the back drop will look alot better.

Yep, can put a back drop and a label too to transform the look of the case.

I believe you can fit x4 DDs side by side in the rectangle casing...save even more space on the shelf Razz

Rayz-HWC wrote:
I believe you can fit x4 DDs side by side in the rectangle casing...save even more space on the shelf Razz

Unfortunately, you can't. If you refer to my picture from the top of the 2 Drag Buses, you can see that you can't put the DD's side by side. The case is too thin.

RGSUKAN wrote:
nice display sinclair. last time daiso got sell that display but it can fit for 4 cars.if im not mistaken you can look back at solid snake loose car display topic..maybe different daiso sell different type of that..

Wow, if 4 cars, then more worth it. Hmm... means Daiso downsizing their products?

ya maa economy crisis worse in japan so same price but diff size

like the nestle icecream last time Rm5.99 2 litres now same price but 1.5 litre

the case looks nice... thanks for the great review... maybe i buy a few... now which cars can i put inside... emm.... Smile only have 1 loose DD and only have 1 dragbus in my entire collection but its carded... Sad i know put loose supers... Smile

Eight, you can put in your Custom Dodge vans! bom

You can buy one square case just for your scooby van, put in a nice background and some scooby labels and it will look great!

these are the display cases that me & snake were talking bout.. =]

SanLino wrote:
these are the display cases that me & snake were talking bout.. =]

oh this is the one

sinc i wonder how you took out the blister pack from the card without damaging the card

Raymond wrote:
sinc i wonder how you took out the blister pack from the card without damaging the card

Erm.. I'm not sure what you mean but are you referring to the DD's in the MBX cards?

Nothing special, I just rip out the blister halfway, then put in the DD. The tear is not so visible in the photo.

Those are great cases!
I need stuff like that but they're hard to come by in the big stores...
I think I'll need to check the hobby shops.