Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
enyomic

WHAT IF ...... Hotwheels made all their cars with real rider/rubber wheels

Hi guys,

Just want to create a new topic for discussion. How do you feel if all Hotwheels come with real riders/rubber tires?

For me it would mean that this cars will not be able to run on tracksets and will cause the prices of hotwheels to be higher. It may cause Mattel unable to ship as much hotwheels out to retailers as retailers will not be able to sell so much.

Hotwheels will end up like JADA or Johnny Lightning.

Annyone more to add comments

I would love to have all cars with real riders, but then, won't be special anymore. Plus the cost of the car will be more.

it will end with the price as jada and johnny lightning

I agree with you.
Let's not forget that, even if they make money of the collectors, it's the kids that bring it the money.
They are toy cars for kids.
If they're too expensive for the kids, who's going to buy after the collectors got what they want?
Even the pegwarmers are bought when kids want them.
More expensive cars? I doubt!

They have Ultra Hots series already for that market Razz

The topics is ... Hotwheels come with only rubber wheels ... not a series with rubber wheels

hmm but like hokuan said, they do have a special line of products like that..
its just that those nvr reach our shore.
if it does, i'll buy it..just like i bought all the JADA Option Ds and V-Dubs.
but still, it has to be the cars we malaysian like Smile

u say it would be expensive..im buying old hw cards at the same price as JADA anyway..sometimes even more..so conclusion is, we like, we buy, we dont like, we leave it Wink

kurz wrote:
hmm but like hokuan said, they do have a special line of products like that..
its just that those nvr reach our shore.
if it does, i'll buy it..just like i bought all the JADA Option Ds and V-Dubs.
but still, it has to be the cars we malaysian like Smile

u say it would be expensive..im buying old hw cards at the same price as JADA anyway..sometimes even more..so conclusion is, we like, we buy, we dont like, we leave it Wink

Lost in translation again .... I know hotwheels make series with rubber tires.. the latest is the larry wood garage. What I want to find out is how many members would collect hotwheels if it only made cars with rubber tires... no plastic wheels at all. That means price per piece of hotwheels will be equivelent to JADA.... and will you think that Hotwheels will be as famaous and as popular as it is now?

^ hehe understood ur words..and that was my answer. Smile
kids might like it more..but it depends on the parents then.
as for collectors..i at least will still buy it.
$upers can still maintain its spectraflame color and the models to be hard to find.

It would mean that T-hunts would be a step higher than the regular rubbered wheeled basic cars. Because they can mass manufacture, they can sell it at RM12.90-RM15.90 i assume. This is based just on rubber wheels alone.

Rubber wheels will work on track sets. But they won't have the speed offered by plastic wheels.

Quality would be more a more concern, as rubber can be damaged from bad storage. And they don't last as long as plastic either.

Other than that, its ok. But if they do it at say 2008. I bet the cars in 2009 won't sell by the bucketloads. And they effectively slash 50% or more customers away. Hoarders cannot afford to buy them anymore if they do not have ready buyers. Not like now. They also kill off all their special ranges too. Who would want to pay RM24.90 for a special series when they can have a slighly different same car with same rubber wheels?

enyomic wrote:

Hotwheels will end up like JADA or Johnny Lightning.

JADA is mean to be rubber tyre.. cant compare it on track as the size also not same.. Arrow

and same as JohnnyLightning.. it in diff categories..

it will correct if u compare with Matchbox, Tomica..

tomica is already overpriced. You know why? Because they are the only one making japanese cars. And no one else does it. RM12.90 for plastic and metal is hardly good value. At that price i could get a HW car and a decent meal everywhere. Which is why i do not buy their regular range but only their limited range. But you can compare with realtoy and maisto metal.

Hotwheels = Matchbox = Realtoy = Maisto = Majorette

and other same class car price below Rm 10?

Hmm interesting argument guys ... But from my point of view if Mattel can mass produce in such numbers ... The price may be RM9.90 per car with rubber tires. Than will u think hoarders will still swallow cars by the truckload?

And the remove thunt and just create some ulta rares like 1 in 50 cases or so ... and it's a prototype casting like Zamac in 2004. And this casting will be used for next years release. Would this promote higher demand for hotwheels?

Quote :
Hmm interesting argument guys ... But from my point of view if Mattel can mass produce in such numbers ... The price may be RM9.90 per car with rubber tires. Than will u think hoarders will still swallow cars by the truckload?

And the remove thunt and just create some ulta rares like 1 in 50 cases or so ... and it's a prototype casting like Zamac in 2004. And this casting will be used for next years release. Would this promote higher demand for hotwheels?

No way!!! You have to look at the bigger picture. The Ferrari racer series did hit the lowest price of RM9.99 and is selling between RM12.90-RM14.90 when it is not on promo. This series is already highly priced because Mattel definitely have to pay royalties for the Ferrari emblem. And they still have plastic wheels. At RM10-12.90-14.90, hoarders still can pay for them. You know why? There are only so limited variants and the cars are already listed on the back. So they can make calculations of the car to buy and sell. And the cars don't consume a lot of money if you concentrate on them only. But if the same pricing to be had for the basic cars, 178 cas a year excluding variants at RM9.90-12.90-14.90, the hoarders would not buy so much and their scope would change to only very highly sought after cars and not variants anymore. Much less on completing the range. Even if they hoard they are not stupid.

Also Mattel would price the Ferrari series with rubber wheels at RM29.90? Look at the 1:32 range that hits RM45. Ridiculous when you can buy a 5 pack 1:32 from burago at RM79, 2 pack Maisto 1:32 at 29.90 or those many of those 1:32 tuner series for the same amount of money with lights and opening doors and boots!!

HW must stick to current car setup and manufacturing. But they can play with the packaging. Still they make a killing with the price increase based on the color printing. Really. It doesn't take a nuclear scientist to know how they market their products.

what if hot wheels made all their cars with real rider rubber wheels?
people will be looking/hunting for plastic wheels... because it will be rare Razz

I dun think Mattel will want to make a Rubber Wheeled Hot Wheels. The cost will be too prohibitive for them to break even. Even then I dun think there will be a large demand for it. Rubber wheeled Blimp/42 Ford/62 Chevy/Dragtor? All will bomb terribly (except when it is a green lol! )

Last time Matchbox (B4 Mattel took over) had this series called "World Class" with real-life paint color and rubber wheels. It costs more than the usual Matchbox but unfortunately not as popular as the regular Matchbox. But the detail was simply "world class". Too bad my parents only bought me 1 World class car last time Sad

Tomica also got a rubber wheel series called Tomica Limited, but it costs almost RM 30 and in extremely limited quantities. Once you miss the boat, you miss the boat.

Tomica at RM 12.90 yes it is a bit overpriced, but some have openable doors (Alphards, EVO X, GTR), bonnet (Civic Type-R, Subaru WRX STI), boot (Mira, Passo) etc. Some have LONG ladders (Hino fire engine), long crane boom (Tadano rough terrain vehicle), extreme weight (Hummer H2, JSDF), etc. You dun find a Hot Wheel or Matchbox with an openable door anymore now.

In fact I would prefer my cars to have openable features like the regular tomica instead of rubber wheels. At least you know it will last longer.

I guess the cost of manufacturing has something to do with less models with movable parts. But there are still some models.

The Split Decision car does have openable gulf wing doors. And some HW do have openable other things, like in this year's Special Features range.

Even the Blimp has movable parts. I think not many know this coz they haven't held a loose one in their hands. Twist to see the secret message, haha.

haha...
blimp's movable part is the only reason why i bought it off the shelf mr sinclair...
em...if all is rubber wheeled...cost price will surely increase...
tomica sure is nice but like paanjang said...if you miss the boat...u missed it...which i had experienced too huhu