Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danoneism

[tutorial] how to strip off the paint.......

ok guys... this time i'll share how to strip off the car paint.... huhu...

tools
1. paint stripper
2. old tooth brush
3. googles
4. gloves
5. container

heres the pic of the paint stripper ive used....

and the container made of plastic bottle... anyway is not recommended to use plastic bottle because it will melt but only after days.... so for 5-10 min process it will be ok....

then, fill in with the paint stripper.... IT IS IMPORTANT TO WEAR GOOGLES AND GLOVES BECAUSE THIS STRIPPER IS DANGEROUS AND CONTAIN ACIDS... IT WILL BURN UR SKIN...

wait for 5-10 minutes.. u'll see that the paint are starting to tear of the body...

then, put ur car under running water and take the toothbrush and brush off the paint... ALWAYS BRUSH TO THE DIRECTION OPPOSITE FROM WHERE U R STANDING.... [edited as ask by bro ray... haha... thanx for sharing]

after all the paint stripped off, wash ur car with running tap water.... add some soap to move all the remaining stripper...

then take a cloth and wipe it until it dries...

and finally ur car are now been stripped.... hehehe...

that's all guys.... happy customizing......

Thanks for the tutorial. cheers

At the moment, I still use thinner to take off the paint.

welcome.... huhu..never tried thinner before... its it easier to strip the paint off???? anyway, thinner is more safer to use than this stripper..

So far, I just wet a cloth with thinner and start wiping the car. But need to rub real good to get the paint off, and some paint in hard to get places will still be there.

Next round, plan to dump the whole car into thinner and see what happens.

sinclair by time you reach the 100th car...think most likely you no more finger print liao LOL HAHAHAHA....just use the one in the picture - I SWEAR BY IT!! Very Happy

More over...guys the paint remover, if you pour into a glass container is best - why? Cause you can re-cycle and re-use the leftover!! No joke! It won't evaporate if you use a piece of cloth to cover the tip before securing the cover at the top. This way last longer...re-use as many times, and when it gets lesser you just pour new to top up the glass container. Smile

I think Thinner is sort of a spirit, where people use to mix with other solutions like bucket of paint, varnish, to wash off paint, etc etc..it'll take you days to remove the paint entirely.

hey danone....dude pls correct the pic above, showing your brush in the container!! Razz ...DANGER!!! I advise you to leave the car in there for a little while longer like 20-30mins. Scoop it up and just simply run it thru the tap water. Now, after you've washed out most of the 'goo'...then only the brush comes in to clean the rest up Smile...again REMINDER! BRUSH AWAY FROM YOUR STANDING DIRECTION!!!

Instead of mixing the car + paint stripper into a container, you can use paint brush to brush the paint stripper all over the car. You'll see the paint to starts peeling off after a minute or so..wait until the paint peeled off completely, then use toothbrush to brush the stripped paint under running water..

You may use that method too aphong...but why you wanna keep buying paint brush everytime it looses all it's hair..and no other method can avoid damage on the window and plastic parts, then to take it apart first! Smile

bro ray.... ive edited the part u ask... haha.. thanx for the info...

Rayz-HWC wrote:
You may use that method too aphong...but why you wanna keep buying paint brush everytime it looses all it's hair..and no other method can avoid damage on the window and plastic parts, then to take it apart first! Smile

Sorry, but I'm assuming that all the parts had been detached from the body including windows, based & tyres. Since you're gonna spray the body later, might as well detach all the parts first, right?

I juz used this methods coz dun wanna mix paint stripper around..So juz brush along its body.

I'm not sure what will happen to the resin parts if soak or rub with paint stripper - never try that yet Razz , but I'm guessing it'll
eat away the resin. Tried to brush on Walls ice cream plastic container (the RM4.99) seems to be okay. But caution, coz that plastic material might not be the same as in our die-cast. Experiment at your own risk.. Razz

Cheers!

hurm... maybe it will eat up all the plastic part... huhu.. remember at the first post i ve stated that plastic container will melt.. because after a few days here's what happen to the same container.....

No need to apologise dude Smile....it's due to the reason we have many new & upcoming Kustomizers who likes to get their hands to start and try, so as 'big brother' we must let them know, as straight forward and easy to understand as possible. Of course I understood you initially - but those who read this for first time will imagine otherwise Smile....

Oh my imagine the FACE or any Body parts looking 'SCREWED' like that!! Ouch!

That's look like mineral water bottle, i think the rate will be much faster on diecast's plastic parts..so keep it away from ur plastic parts guys Smile

yup... its a mineral bottle that i've use.. huhu.. still searching for a nice glass container as suggested by bro rayz... hehe

can use those empty Peanut butter/mayo bottles..can fit ngam² 1 1:64 car

danoneism wrote:
yup... its a mineral bottle that i've use.. huhu.. still searching for a nice glass container as suggested by bro rayz... hehe

No need find la...open fridge, faster finish the jams lor HAHAHA...wash and recycle. I think I threw in straight 3 cars also can fit Very Happy....see whichever works best for you, either a tall glass bottle, or wide glass dish...whichever Smile....have fun getting to know your solvents, spirits, alcohol, thinner etc...but BECAREFUL!!

If not mistaken, Some modellers user Brake Fluid to strip paint. They user this because it removes the paint and won't harm the plastic

yup... i use brake fluid to strip off paint for my 1/24 plastic car... but for hotwheels i use paint stripper... hehe..

...but because the brake fluid has poisonous fumes...you get high after a while hehehe