Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cham2020

Custom Volkswasgen Beetle Cup

A simple custom... Two tone color.. with decals on it....Some paintjob error on the front while attempting dual tone color however i think it's OK. Very Happy Enjoy

nice green beetle! Very Happy and good mixture of two tone colour..

this model don't have to drill the rivet right... Razz

not nice ... looks dulll ... not garang enuff .. mayb BAD CHOICE OF COLORS ... lol .. but great effort never the less

Nice. You could have removed the diecast lines.

thanks..

peter, i remove most of the lines, the ones you see are the one that i missed at the rear.......if you notice the original casting, the front have lots of lines which i already removed which is pain because it is metal...unlike my 1/24 model kits.....and i also puttied the front bumper area so that it will look more even

I like the 2 tone...details on the bumpers...

Hey do you also detail the interior...show la! Razz

thanks rayz
i didn't detail the interior......cause i think it's nice enuf....keke.....
cause i really cannot tahan the body...too bad

LOL cannot tahan the orange le....

Try detailing the interior...it's quite...challenging Wink

cham2020 wrote:
thanks..

peter, i remove most of the lines, the ones you see are the one that i missed at the rear.......if you notice the original casting, the front have lots of lines which i already removed which is pain because it is metal...unlike my 1/24 model kits.....and i also puttied the front bumper area so that it will look more even

What about the spoiler? Clearly the casting here is poor, did you improve on it? Did you use a file to remove the diecast lines?

Peter wrote:
cham2020 wrote:
thanks..

What about the spoiler? Clearly the casting here is poor, did you improve on it? Did you use a file to remove the diecast lines?

file? what file? i don't think i get what you mean?
i you talking about moulding lines, as i said i overlooked around the rear spoiler and the rear end.......my eyes aint sharp enough till i painted the body and the lines came out... as you said this is lousy casting, no matter how you improve, it still can't beat a well moulded body...

Peter...i guess cham2020 wasn't trying to go ALL the way with this Beetle Cup...just experimenting with 2 tone color and maybe trying to improve his knowledge on 'putty'.....

cham2020...dude...remember i posted links at the Customs board....you saw the post where the guy uses this hand-held device, that can install many different heads....I'm trying to get a mate to score that from USA and send it over Smile...hope it works - sanding, filing, drilling, buffing etc...Very Happy

*by the way....take a pic next to the original car....others will see what you've done! Smile....for me, I want to learn how you 2 tone it smoothly from 1 color to the other....teach me SIFU!! Very Happy

i haven't check the link yet rayz.....
i will try to take photos to compare both cars later.......

the two tone is not perfect due to i am using can sprays. photo hides the particles......but actually the transition from green to light green is not that smooth....... soorry to disaappoint rayz.....

two tone..... very lagendary....hahahaha congrate brooo

cham2020 wrote:
Peter wrote:
cham2020 wrote:
thanks..

file? what file? i don't think i get what you mean?
i you talking about moulding lines, as i said i overlooked around the rear spoiler and the rear end.......my eyes aint sharp enough till i painted the body and the lines came out... as you said this is lousy casting, no matter how you improve, it still can't beat a well moulded body...

A file. I used it to remove the diecast lines.