Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danielh

Marking Simple Door/Hood rear trunk line.

Just want to share how to mark simple door and trunk line using black poster colour. This poster colour available at all local stationary shops or departmental store and cheap . But careful not to buy water colour because it's watery. Note: Not applicable to acrylic base paint or thinner base paint.

Step 1.
Choose your favourite car or just finished sprayed car. Make sure the coated are not too heavy until the groove cannot be seen.

Step 2.
Use size 0 or 1 brush to paint all over the groove/ door line of the car. Don't worry if it's getting dirty because it can be clean later.

Step 3.
Repeat to the other side. After finished painting works, leave it to dry about 15 minutes.

Step 4.
After the marking dried up, use cotton bud or clean cloth to wipe the surface or painted area.If the surface line is vertically, wipe it horizontally. You will noticed that the colour trap inside the groove line will remain intact as the surface are thoroughly clean now.

Step 5.
Now you get clean and natural straight door line.

Adrian wrote:
Can i use the gundam line pen?

yes, you can use but it depends on the width of the groove line. If it is too narrow, your gundam pen (pen tip) wouldn't be able slot into the line to mark it.

aphong2681 wrote:
Great tips! me likey this..thx bro! So poster paint is old base?

you mean it oil base? Just use the water base poster colour is good enough.When you mix it , make sure it's not too thick and not too watery. smile

sinclair wrote:
The cotton bud needs to be dipped in water/thinner?

No need water,keep it dry and wipe it on the spot. If the poster colour is too thick, apply a drop of tiny water until the cotton bud become a little bit moist thus enable to wash away the dry poster colour on the surface. After that use clean cloth to wipe it till clean.
Notes: Do not use thinner.. shakehead it will leaves permanent ugly marks on the surface and your car will be sent to workshop for respraying...he!he! brows

nice tips...
a good alternative from using marker...
thanks mr danielh...
Wink

@aphong2681 : your welcome Very Happy
@Raymond : thanks for looking Smile
@adrian : thanks !! Surprised
@zint3000 : yeap, another good alternative!! Laughing

i think can try whiteboard marker too...can wipe off after drawing on it...i tried it before and it works just as the same way..

rikmun wrote:
i think can try whiteboard marker too...can wipe off after drawing on it...i tried it before and it works just as the same way..

good idea rikmun!!! lol!

haha...
i used to use a whiteboard marker too rikmun...
but then i got this really2 nakal small cousin one...
he likes to touch things...heck, he really is crazy about touching things particularly my collection...
habis all the nice lines...now i try to use permanent one...
but using whiteboard marker like u said is reli2 a good idea...
Wink

zint3000 wrote:
haha...
i used to use a whiteboard marker too rikmun...
but then i got this really2 nakal small cousin one...
he likes to touch things...heck, he really is crazy about touching things particularly my collection...
habis all the nice lines...now i try to use permanent one...
but using whiteboard marker like u said is reli2 a good idea...
Wink

agree wth u, zint!!!! rolleyes

great advice!!
never thought of using buncho..hehehehe