Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danielh

[HWCM 2nd Group] : Hot Wheels Original Saltflat Racer

This is my final and 4th customizing for the 2nd group build. And this time is my first attempt on using air-brush on the Flat Racer but the result is not very good. Anyway, i just post it as the custom work completed.
No major changes here , some wire cables added at lower side engine and upper front engine. And some minor holes drilled to the both sides of tail/muffler pies to makes it realistic. Thanks for looking.
Original Flat Racer;

After customizing

did u coated it with clear coat i think it will look better with another clear coating

yeap...agree with raymond....i like how you add those little red wire on it..looks realistic

Raymond wrote:
did u coated it with clear coat i think it will look better with another clear coating

yes, agree with u. Since this is the first attempt using air brush, i dare not applied another clear coat after the first coat.Reason, the finish became blur after spraying the clear coat and i have to stop against the idea of 2nd coating cry . The colour i use for the casting are acrylic base colour and the clear coat are industrial thinner base coating. I still exploring into this area. Hope get better result next time. Thanks for the comment Raymond !!! sweat

rikmun wrote:
yeap...agree with raymond....i like how you add those little red wire on it..looks realistic

Thanks for the comments rikmun!! Very Happy The little red wire are taken from inside of unwanted junk pc.Cut it into a few small wire and slot into holes which has been drilled earlier. This will create something like 'plug cable' look alike. Wink

jhc7598 wrote:
wow.. airbrush aready.. nice one bro..

thanks bro jhc Very Happy !! Just try to learn the art of air brush, he! He! :rolleyes2:

whoa...stepping into another level ei mr danielh~
nice custom...that small2 details like wires is super nice...
ur a creative fella~
Wink

wow 1 more custom from mr. danielh... like the details on the car... wire cables looks cool... not bad on the first attempt using air brush...

zint3000 wrote:
whoa...stepping into another level ei mr danielh~
nice custom...that small2 details like wires is super nice...
ur a creative fella~
Wink

Thanks for the comments zint3000 smile . Yeap, stepping to another level but i think this is my poor custom result compare to my previous work sweat . Hope to do better next time. Thanks again for the comments on the wires detail, glad you like it.

eight wrote:
wow 1 more custom from mr. danielh... like the details on the car... wire cables looks cool... not bad on the first attempt using air brush...

Thanks eight tongue !! Still learning the air brush. Hope better result next time.

Another nice custom, bro!

What type of air brush are you using? Bought locally?

Adrian wrote:
Nice, are the wires using glue to stick it?

thanks adrian Very Happy !! Nope, no glue apply here, only just tie them into knot inside the tiny hole.

sinclair wrote:
Another nice custom, bro!

What type of air brush are you using? Bought locally?

Thanks for the comment.Yes, bought locally. Infact, it's given to me by my sis many years ago but didn't use it untill i just try out on this custom this time.He! he! sweat

Good job on the plug wires... it's all in the details, details, details.

Keep up the practice with the airbrush, it really is a great tool. For paint you can spray from a spraycan into a jar and then use that paint in your airbrush, if you have all the same type/brand paint you should not have any problems with teh paint reacting badly.

Thorrr

another great custom u got there bro....love those wire cable... gud job.. gud job..

Thorrr wrote:
Good job on the plug wires... it's all in the details, details, details.

Keep up the practice with the airbrush, it really is a great tool. For paint you can spray from a spraycan into a jar and then use that paint in your airbrush, if you have all the same type/brand paint you should not have any problems with teh paint reacting badly.

Thorrr

Thanks Thorr!!!! thanks for the tips on this air brush technique. Hope to improve next time. lol!

xebec-Crash wrote:
another great custom u got there bro....love those wire cable... gud job.. gud job..

thanks bro xebec!!!! sweat appreciate your comments!

kurz wrote:
wow level uppp!

thanks kurz!!! just trying my luck!