Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danny_sp15

RAOK from HWCM members

Hi guys, just want to create this thread to show my gratitude to HWCM members who have been helping me out and doing RAOKS to me ever since I joined the club.. Smile
Now I dont want to mention any names, because I dont want those whose names I did not mention to feel left out... But I believe that generally all members of the HWCM community are awesome and nice people. And I am proud to be a part of this sharing community.. Smile

Some of you guys give me free cars, even though we may not know each other very well... It's always nice to open up your long awaited package to find an extra car inside... and it really warms my heart when the car is something that you've been looking for, or something u really like.. u know, like it's a very thoughtful gift, not just some random no-one-wanna-buy-my-breadbox-might-as-well-give-it-to-this-guy-for-free gift. (though that would still be very appreciated as well)..

like this Kmart Collector's Day Exclusive '92 Ford Mustang i got for free from a fellow HWCM member last week, which I proudly showed off to my friends with a big grin on my face. Very Happy

I won this one from a recent contest on a fellow collector's facebook:

he didnt mention what the prize would be, but he gave me this awesome Hiway Hauler! he could've given me a Meyers Manx or some other pegwarmers, but he didnt. Of course this prize subsequently lead to an itch to collect more Hiway Haulers... Razz

RAOK isnt just about free cars, it's about sharing..

This '71 Mustang Mach 1 i recently bought from a fellow HWCM member is a chase version. he knew it was a chase version, but he still sold it to me at a regular price. it was a really nice surpise when i turned the car upside down and saw the signature on the bottom of the chassis.

RAOK is about looking out for each other as well..

the green evo was not in this member's sales thread, but he knew that I was looking for it, and he offered me the green evo for a cheap price when i was purchasing the London Bus and '71 Mustang from him.

Other examples of RAOK i've experienced so far:
-buying stuff from fellow collectors at cheap prices, even though some of them are rare stuffs. whenever i buy some rare stuff, i always thought that they were going to be expensive. but after PM the seller, he quoted me the retail price, and sometimes even below the retail price.
-when fellow collectors keep an eye out for some cars that i've been looking for, and then selling them to me at the price they bought them, without even a gaining a single cent, and disregarding the parking fees, fuel, etc. I've never even met some of them, but they treat me like a friend, and I really appreciate that.
-giving tips on where to buy/find certain HWs, where to hunt, etc.
-i'd like to take this opportunity to thank a special friend (he's not a HWCM member) who has been helping me out ever since I started collecting HWs.. the blue Scirocco GT24 in my collection isn't just another die-cast, it's the symbol of our friendship.

Again, I would like to thank all of you guys from the bottom of my heart. I love you

Forget whether they're in this HWCM or not, every great playaz around you are indeed great playaz. Many hotwheels homies i got to know from Amcorp to LY to overseas, they might not be familiar with things goin' on here but i can tell ya most of them are nothing but a true playaz too.

Sungguh terharu reading ur idea bout raoks. Anyway let us put in a way that somehow one day you'll probably have lesser interest with certain castings, models, or who knows this whole lil' toy cars thingy.. just a possibility not saying you will, but all this experience getting to know fellow collectors, 'showing off' hauls to each other, hunting together and all is what make you won't regret this hobby at all. Very Happy

Blue mustang looks familiar. Razz

Congrats on your raoks, now go raok somebody. Razz

@UCB: thanks bro! it's true that great playaz are everywhere. recently a guy on FB sent me a message, offering to trade his TH and TH$ '69 Mustang for any Lamborghini I might have. I was like "whoa, is this guy serious? i dun even know him. he could've sold them off at ebay and use the cash to buy more Lambo than I could've give.." anyway, i hope i wont lose interest in this hobby until im old... Razz
@sinclair: hehe, later when i have some HW sales i will try to raok as well. Very Happy

sinclair wrote:
Blue mustang looks familiar. Razz

Congrats on your raoks, now go raok somebody. Razz

hehehehe... it sure looks familiar.. Now where have I seen it? Razz

baik betullah abang mushr00mni... Razz

congrats to both parties..