Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peter1

Tampo condition getting worse

I found many cars with less than desired condition tampo and was greatly disappointed. I rejected many such cars and wasted much time to look for one decent one. Bad tampo condition is no better than without it! RM 7.99 now and yet ... What ...?

Peter, i agree with you on this. But I've got a suggestion to you. If you dun like the tampo condition dun buy. Spend money on cars that have no tampo as it saves u a lot of trouble on looking at the tampo and choosing the best.

There is another idea, buy some 'JAPAN' brand diecast since they cost RM10.90 a piece. Only RM3 more. Plus their tampo better.

Gua punya 2 sen sahaja.

Just hope that Mattel would do something to improve the quality. In the long term, I think, this should benefit the Co. bec. of increasing sales.

Definitely I will not buy unless I must have one. Hot Wheels cars are unique, I do not think there is a substute brand. Hope you are not unhappy.

Wonder part of the flame was missing. If you think it is OK, then my opinion is unimportant.

Peter wrote:
Wonder part of the flame was missing. If you think it is OK, then my opinion is unimportant.

Thanks for your opinion, I appreciate very much.

enyomic wrote:
Peter, i agree with you on this. But I've got a suggestion to you. If you dun like the tampo condition dun buy. Spend money on cars that have no tampo as it saves u a lot of trouble on looking at the tampo and choosing the best.

There is another idea, buy some 'JAPAN' brand diecast since they cost RM10.90 a piece. Only RM3 more. Plus their tampo better.

Gua punya 2 sen sahaja.

response yang sangat lazat cheers

For some cars we can see the inner side and its tampo. Interesting to find out whether both sides of tha car have equally good tampo condition. I have one 2011 car where the paint for one of the front signal lights is far away from its rightful place. It is an eye sore indeed!

I have yet another car with broken tampo on the inner side but the outer side is good.

Hot Wheels cars are unique to a large extent attributed to their tampos and people like them. Hoped that Mattel to keep it up and improve with more creative and artistic tampo designs and good tampo condition in most of its cars.

whoa.. too bad u not mattels qc la bro.. we would be gettin almost perfect condition stuff then.. imagine all the time rejectin 90% of the cars just so the consumers can get the best..u'd be employee of the month in no time... rabbitrabbitrabbit

I recalled most cars produced before 2009 have good tampo condition and of course, with cheaper price too.

For kids to play as any other toys, then it is not an issue.

Every manufacturing line, they have their on quality specification.
We, mostly, are collecting HW as hobby for collectible items, where we will tend to choose the best of its condition.
As for kid, as a toy, for race sake as example, shall be fine if there is minor cosmetic defect.
For HW, especially for the Production, they need to care of their "business" at all ranges of customer. Therefore, they try to salvage/waive as many as possible to meet the yield target, as long as the cosmetic quality passing the minimum requirement as specified internally.
Anyhow, we as customer, finally, it is our call to purchase or not.
Cheers.

good tampo, keep.....

bad tampo, send for custom......

my 2ploh sen.......

mattel kene apply six sigma la..aihhh apa lah Razz

Kurz, cool with the idea of Mattel to approach 6 Sigma for breakthrough quality improvement, BUT, most of the time, 6 Sigma is preferably for measurable paramater / variable.
If about cosmetic improvement (in this case), it may be harder.

^ oohh btol jugak..but then casting error pun quite often so still kene lah
hahaha

@uncle sahama
google2 RazzRazz

i dont mind the tampo a bit cacat if it's basic HW... but i noticed that some of the Garage and Vintage series also has bad tampo.. Sad

To variant lovers, bad tempo can also can be considered variant and opportunity.

I have one car where the small Hot Wheels logo on the side only showing "Hot ", the "Wheels" was missing. There are countless examples of small defects, which might have caused much dissatisfaction among serious collectors.

Got car paint stuck to the plastic cover. How come this can happened!

sahama wrote:
Got car paint stuck to the plastic cover. How come this can happened!

..bec. the paint was wet and they didn't care. "Do not buy" was the message to us.

Can you give suggestions what is good and better tampo.

I want a beautiful tampo i buy myself 70 pcs Liberty drag buses...that my suggestion.

Hard to find a blue Toyota FJ with "506" nicely printed on the door. I'm still looking for one good one to keep. This car is small, I prefer the Ford Bronco which is easy to find a good one, it is bigger and heavier also.

The dark green Sandblaster is good. A second colour?

Peter wrote:
Hard to find a blue Toyota FJ with "506" nicely printed on the door. I'm still looking for one good one to keep. This car is small, I prefer the Ford Bronco which is easy to find a good one, it is bigger and heavier also.

The dark green Sandblaster is good. A second colour?

8bd67910.jpg

41hiof10.jpg

Hi Sahama

Very nice pic. Wonder this variant is now available locally. I must get one. Thanks.