Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fadli85

Team Lotus, Group Lotus, Lotus Racing, Lotus Cars......WTF is this crap?

http://paultan.org/2011/01/27/gerard-lopezs-thoughts-on-lotus-renault-gp-group-lotus-proton-and-1malaysia-racing-team/
Sooo confusing.....! so many Lotus, bunga teratai sana sini.....so let me get this straight.....

Both cars have Renault Engine.......
Both cars bear the name Lotus.......

Proton owns Group Lotus, which supposedly own all lotus mini....mini gazillions other companies (Lotus Racing, Lotus cars, Team Lotus blah..blah)
Now Tony Fernandes own Team Lotus which they got from who?

Even the Lotus-Renault GP is owned by Genii Capital, has nothing to do with Lotus or Renault, should have called Genii Capital Racing, muahaha.....

[Proton]-[Group Lotus]-[LotusRenault GP]
[Fernandes]-[Team Lotus]-[1MalaysiaRacingTeam]?????

Poning-poning, kepala pusing.....can somebody explain to me?

Tak payah poning2 do
Proton beli syarikat Lotus...Lotus Proton punya...
Fernandes beli hak guna nama Lotus dalam F1 dari syarikat lain...Lotus Racing
Isu skang hak penggunaan nama Lotus dalam F1 tu
Proton kata dia paling berhak sebab Lotus dia punya
Fernandes lak kata, dia yang paling berhak sebab dia yang beli hak penggunaan nama/jenama Lotus tu untuk dalam F1

Lotus buying Toyota engine for all Lotus car, did Proton can do an emblem " Engine by Toyota"...nope Razz

wildspirit wrote:
Lotus buying Toyota engine for all Lotus car, did Proton can do an emblem " Engine by Toyota"...nope Razz

That's a good deal Very Happy

Of course they have to source out the engine from Toyota, it's efficient and durable, they can't do everything themselves, Lotus is not a big sports car manufacturer like Ferrari, the condition won't allow them to 100% built everything in house, the only strong point is the glued aluminum spaceframe which is innovative and the legendary Lotus handling where they know how to set up the suspension really well.

Atomkinder wrote:
The only Lotus I like...

What a Face

Good one Atom hahaha...If only Lotus can thanked Proton by taking one of Proton car as what Proton do in his car walla... ....puff..... there you go... Lotus Pesona. RazzRazz

wildspirit wrote:
Atomkinder wrote:
The only Lotus I like...

What a Face

Good one Atom hahaha...If only Lotus can thanked Proton by taking one of Proton car as what Proton do in his car walla... ....puff..... there you go... Lotus Pesona. RazzRazz

Di sini ada jual tosai bawang ke?

I'll try to get this straight... As we all know that Group Lotus is owned by Proton, thus it's Proton's. The Lotus Renault GP F1 Team which is originally named Renault F1 Team is now sponsored by Group Lotus (NOT OWNED!) thus named it to Lotus Renault GP F1 Team. In anyway, they have no connection to the classic Team Lotus that were raced by the late Ayrton Senna etc.

The Team Lotus owned by Tony Fernandes, formerly known as Lotus Racing was able to use the name ''Lotus Racing'' under the rights of Group Lotus which is the head of anything so called ''Lotus''. Now this is when it gets interesting. For any reason whatsoever, Group Lotus claimed that Tony Fernandes has misused the naming rights for something which I think has a connection with the production of LR8 Enrgy Drinks and merchandises. The story of rights is very long though. Later they terminate the sponsorship and naming rights from 1 Malaysia Racing Sdn. Bhd. which is Fernandes's team.

Then the unexpected thing came up with Fernandes buying the naming rights of Team Lotus which is the classic Team Lotus back in the 70s and 80s from its former owner David Hunt, son of James Hunt a former F1 driver after its liquidation back in 1994. A fact that Group Lotus didn't own the name Team Lotus until now but since they said they control every single right to the name of ''Lotus'', the head of Group Lotus, Dany Bahar now trying to prevent Fernandes from using the name Team Lotus. Now to stop that, Dany quickly finding a temporary solution of sponsoring Renault F1 Team thus now there are 2 teams named Lotus...

The battle continues in the court, but from my point of view Fernandes has 100% rights to the name Team Lotus that he bought from David Hunt. The villain here is Dany Bahar of Group Lotus. Renault F1 is innocent in this case... With every success that Lotus Renault F1 Team is having now is neither Proton's nor Group Lotus's because they're just a title sponsor, they don't supply any mechanical or technical support to the team.

Therefore, there's no confusion to who's that team and which is that team. If you listen to a commentator or anywehere else, they'll call Lotus Renault as Renault and Team Lotus as Lotus. Easy, so I think there shouldn't be any confusion. However, if Fernandes is found to be guilty in this case, he will have to drop the name Team Lotus and look for something else. If Group Lotus is guilty, then they have no rights to drop the name of Team Lotus from Tony Fernandes.

*This is not a complete story, I might have left some facts and infos. But the story is definitely going like this and it continues until today.

oh, now i'm understand.. great explanation bro.. now we know who is hardcore in F1, RazzRazz

You have to read between the lines on this situation.
What is the one simple thing that happened here?

The story began as early as April last year, even before the existance of the ''Team Lotus'' naming thing. What's the REAL cause of all of these is unknown by anybody except for Tony himself and Dany of Group Lotus. I have never seen, didn't know and never know the content of the agreement between them and what Tony has breached while it is very likely Tony Fernandes has misused the naming rights of ''Lotus Racing'' for the production of team merchandise and the LR8 Energy Drinks as stated by Dany Bahar himself.

So basically they're actually fighting for 2 things at once...

jz think of the lotuses as man utd & man city la. cheers

i also wan see uncle schumacher get a podium finish this yr.