Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Atomkinder

TRU'S CREATE YOUR OWN HOTWHEELS CAR

A little haul from Hotwheels create your own HW cars design promo now
going on at TRU. I thought this plain Twinmill is quite interesting.

Buy 3 basic cars, free 1 + 1 more plain Twinmill

The free car for creating design Twinmill

I seconded that........... thumbsupthumbsup

Wow, just to get the plain one would be great. Post your pics! cheers

As usual our resident reporter found another gud find in d world of hotwheels!! Kudos mr. Atom! I am wondering why mattel always put such a small (A4 size) display whenever they hve such great promo??!! A3 tak boleh ke mattel?? Tks to Atom for spotted it : ) Btw got Rodger Dodger too!!

Yes they are two, Twin Mill & Roger Dodger, lucky saleslady just handed me my car when show them the receipt.
The idea how they slot free blister just genius and car with plastic wrapper too.

wildspirit wrote:
Yes they are two, Twin Mill & Roger Dodger, lucky saleslady just handed me my car when show them the receipt.
The idea how they slot free blister just genius and car with plastic wrapper too.

Hi am new around here so just thought of sharing
Yes there are 2 designs of the blank cars available, but when you are claiming for the car after your purchase the salesperson/cashier might give you either one if you did not specify which model do you want.
To make it simple try telling them 'I want the blank car with one/two engine(s)'.
Or if the salesperson/cashier is kaki HW then can tell them the model la Razz
But before anyone rushes to TRU and start stacking on basics make sure they have the cars available lol!
As long as you purchase 3 (basics) and above you are entitled to a blank car
If you want both designs then you'll have to do it (purchase) twice cool

Actually the story i m heard at weekly gathering about this car from this respectful otai was about 2 mths ago

Report From The Road: Hot Wheels Collector Convention Japan!
A Hot Wheels Collector Heads To The Far East

by Richard Trujillo
01-20-12

For many collectors, being able to attend a Hot Wheels convention is one of the highlights of the year. It gives us a chance to meet up and share our hobby with others that have the same interest. I’m fortunate enough to live in Southern California, so hitting the annual Convention there has always been pretty easy. A few months ago, I noticed a post on HWC about the December 4 Hot Wheels Collector Convention in Yokohama, Japan. I asked (okay, begged) my wife if I could go.

I had become a fan of Jun Imai’s designs with the 2006 First Editions release of the Toyota Corolla AE-86. I was able to meet him at a few of the conventions -- we share the same passion for “JDM” cars. Jun and I were able to meet up in Japan, and I even became a volunteer staff member for the event. In addition to Jun, custom painter Brandon Ozaki from the Mattel model shop was attending. Brandon is a very cool guy to hang out with and an amazing painter/artist (more on that later).

Last year, event organizers Ozu-san and Hirakawa-san and their team held a trial Hot Wheels event at the Yokohama Mooneyes Hot Rod Show. It went so well that, this year, they went all-out with the help of Mattel Japan and the El Segundo guys.

Sunday, December 4 was the big day. There was an approximate 50 x 50 foot area for all the activities that would be taking place throughout the day. In addition to the Hot Wheels area, there were other vendors selling the latest Hot Wheels cars with one right next to the big booth. For those that have been to conventions in the U.S., the Japan convention is a little different. Rather than trading from room-to-room in a hotel and events throughout the week, this one is a compressed version that is done in one day. Don’t let that scare you away; there is still tons of fun to be had and a lot of very passionate collectors to trade with.

Of course, if you’re having a convention, you’ve got to have a convention car. For this year’s event, it was the ’66 Dodge A-100. Two color versions were available, and both featured custom graphics by a very famous Japanese pinstriping artist named MAKOTO. If you purchased the 1-of-1500 flat-black version, you had the option to buy the 1-of-500 purple version. Both are amazing and were being grabbed up pretty quick.

A few tables were set up for the Hot Wheels Customs Contest. Their classes were “adults” and “kids.” It was amazing to see all the customs set up. All were pretty incredible, and I honestly do not know how the judges could pick a winner. It was stunning to see the detail and custom work these guys and girls could do. Even the kids’ cars were so good they could have competed with the adults!

An autograph session was set up for MAKOTO to sign the event cars as well as some sign sheets. The line was pretty long to get his autograph, but all those that wanted one were very patient and he signed them all.

Next it was time for the kids to have some fun. My seven-year-old son has been participating in the U.S. convention coloring contest for quite a few years, so I’m very familiar with the activity. The Japanese team put a twist on their event. This time, the kids were given the choice of an all-white Twin Mill or Rodger Dodger and given a stack of markers for them to use to decorate. Jun Imai, Brandon Ozaki and customizer “Orange Rod” helped the kids get started while participating with them. Once the kids were satisfied with their artwork, they were each given a custom backer card with slots cut out for a blister, allowing the kids to display their cars as being packaged! All the kids had a great time, and the cars that Jun, Brandon and Orange Rod did were donated to the auction.

Packing in more fun, the downhill races were next. Since space was tight, the organizers used a production Super 6-Lane Raceway that was slightly lengthened. Only production cars pulled out of the blister were allowed to race. Although I couldn’t understand what was being said, racing is racing. It was obvious that all were having a great time, with obvious winners having the biggest smiles on their faces.

After the awards were given away for the Customs Contest, it was time for the Charity Auction -- the final event of the day. The proceeds from the auction would be used to help the survivors of the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami. There were several cool items offered for auction. Besides the kids’ cars that Jun, Brandon and Orange Rod did, MAKOTO provided a custom-painted 1:24 Volkswagen Drag Bus and Drag Truck. The paint on these two were incredible, with both fetching about US$1,000 each! Orange Rod donated a killer ’66 Dodge A-100, while Brandon also donated two hand-painted cars: a beautiful candy blue Skyline H/T 2000GT-X and a color-changing Datsun 510. Both had incredible details. I was fortunate enough to win the 510, and I’m so glad I can add it to my collection. In addition to these great items, Mattel stepped up big time with some awesome prototypes. They donated 10 prototypes, along with some 2012 models. The bidding was hot and heavy, but laid back at the same time. All that won were very excited, and a good amount of money was raised.

The day after the show, I got to hang out with Jun and Brandon. Before we left the hotel, I found out that there was a real “Kenmary” Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R in our parking garage! This car was awesome and looked identical to the Hot Wheels 2011 New Models version! After checking out that car, we hit the road. To be honest, I’ve never done so much walking on purpose in my life. We started out with some shopping, then jumped on the train and hit the Tokyo Auto Show. Talk about another crazy experience. The show was huge, and the cars on display were sick! There were so many cars I wish we could get in the U.S., as well as some that had me scratching my head.

That old saying, “Time flies when you’re having fun” is so true. The time went by so quick. I was fortunate to not only hang with Jun, Brandon and my Japanese collector friends, but I also got to enjoy a different culture and foods. The people of Japan were very accommodating -- many spoke English enough that I feel confident I could get around on my own next time. If you have ever thought about going to Japan for the convention, trust me, you’ll love it and never forget it.

I have to give a special thanks to Jun Imai, Brandon Ozaki, Hirakawa-san, Ozu-san, his wonderful wife and all my new friends in Japan for giving me an experience I will never forget.

Arigato wildspirit-san Smile

Darn darn darn darn darn cry ... bila lah ye boleh merayap macam member kita from States tu ye? Pegi JEPANG pulak tu... crystars

Yo man..he sold our very own TRU car la derr... Our TRU giving us this car while other TRU not..haha

Paham bro.

No worries, kita pakat beli banyak2 kat TRU kita, kita FLOOD ebay ngan free car kita...harga murah-murah...haha pirat

(...still...what a nice trip he has...sigh Crying or Very sad)

Wow I wonder what will his reaction be when he finds out that the cars he susah payah fly to JEPANG attend convention baru dapat punya are given away here like nobody's business (some more TRU promo buy 3 free 1 and 1 convention car)...... Laughing

Not such like that la kawan. I reckon each TRU here only received 1 box each for Rodger Dodger and Twin Mill, so what i think less than 300-500 each of Rodger Dodger/Twin Mill circulated to our shores here. So that why they are so collectible.

anyway does anybody design with the car yet? would like to see a finished one

Who dares to put an ink to RM 150 car..... now i can see about 4 guys at ebay getting more than USD 30 a pc.... haha...and they bid like crazy.... skeptical huh..lol

wildspirit wrote:

local guy selling it. btw is he giving out wrong info on the ebay? says it convention piece made of 50?

should be TRU free gift. 50,000. LoL

I guess this has become unhealthy and uncontrollable..wonder whether TRU/Mattel will receive any submission

some leftovers blank car at Toysrus great eastern mall. but promition buy 3 free 1 ended yesterday