Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Salome73

So I had a friend and her sister visiting for dinner tonight..

...so obviously, I put David's CD on...On first listen, halfway through Heroes, my friend's sister says "I like this guy and he sounds like he's good looking, is he cute?". "He is fucking gorgeous, I'll show you photos" was my answer.

Then, she asks me if she can copy the songs on her USB key so I told her "oh no no no, you're not burning those songs" and gave her the last extra copy I had (note to self: buy more), she was very pleased.

Then, I showed her the photos..Well, obviously, she was very pleased with that too.

What I loved most though is that she kept hitting "play" on the CD player every time it got to the end. And I mean, she'd almost run to the CD player as soon at it was over, I didn't even need to do it myself. LOL.

So yeah, totally cookified in one evening Laughing

Oh by the way, she's from Dublin Wink

Guest Guest

WooHoo!!!! Another satisfied customer Joy dance

lol... Dublin... too cute Very Happy

ok i was smiling ear to ear reading that and now im all teary eyed!! gah i love new DC fans!!!

WAY TO GO!!! cheers That's so awesome!!!!! i think she just might goto the tour with you this year. cheers

She is flying back to Dublin next week so unfortunately she won't be able to. Unless David comes to Dublin next summer, of course...

Yay, Emma!!! One more down Very Happy Seriously, no one can resist the man once they give themselves a chance to hear his songs and see the pics or the man himself.

I wish I had more luck here.. Most people just like Archie more and compare David with Daughtry. They say David's and Daughtry's music are much alike. I was like WTF are we hearing the same thing? The sounds are different, the drumbeats are different, also the lyrics..

No offense, I like Archie and Daughtry, but no one caught me faster than David.

@Salome73 wrote:
WAY TO GO!!! cheers That's so awesome!!!!! i think she just might goto the tour with you this year. cheers

She is flying back to Dublin next week so unfortunately she won't be able to. Unless David comes to Dublin next summer, of course...
DAMN! well, i hope he does go there! Great

everyone has to go back and see the motherland..learn about their heritage. but then dublin is a scottie so hes actually scottish not irish..gah im confused and have a headache now! scratch

Yes, he should probably take him to Scotland too. It's not far from Ireland anyway so he might as well do the trip while he's there, you know.

@Salome73 wrote:
...so obviously, I put David's CD on...On first listen, halfway through Heroes, my friend's sister says "I like this guy and he sounds like he's good looking, is he cute?".

I love this part. She could tell from his voice?!

Cookifying the world...one person at a time.

Good job! Great

^ man I wish I had a car so I can cookify everyone that step into my car.... LOL Face

Good job BTW..... Great WTG David!!!!!!! cheers

i would very much like him to go to dublin as i live in england and dublin i can afford, america, i cannot Very Sad

@Salome73 wrote:
...so obviously, I put David's CD on...On first listen, halfway through Heroes, my friend's sister says "I like this guy and he sounds like he's good looking, is he cute?".

YES! And I love it too. When she said that, I was actually really impressed and I thought that it wouldn't take long to cookify her Laughing

Guest Guest

^^^ Hope he does go there sometime! European tour FTW cheers

I feel so Awww Love each time I hear a new person has been cookified! And the best of your story Emma is that you didn't have to do nothing else but play the CD. Your Irish friend fell for him freely, ya know, you didn't have to tie her to a chair and make her listen or nutin' LOL Face

And you're right LTF "Cookifying the world...one person at a time." That's our mission in life, LOL.

yes!!! Yahoo! Emma, that's great! Very Happy soon the whole world will be Cookified Twisted Evil and it's just good that if she's in Dublin because then David has one more reason to come to Europe, right? Very Happy

Lol yeah, it was a really easy cookification.

And btvs, your name is Emma, right? Well, he will come to Dublin, it’s only a matter of time. And I think it’s more likely that he will play in London before Dublin. And I will be there too!

Satu, that’s what I thought too! I’m totally planning to cookify Ireland when I’m back Twisted Evil

Guest Guest

Way to go! Everyone will be entering the dark side sooner or later. Awww Love

when you're done with Ireland then we can cookify the rest, deal? Wink

@Salome73 wrote:
@Salome73 wrote:

YES! And I love it too. When she said that, I was actually really impressed and I thought that it wouldn't take long to cookify her Laughing

For me, he sounded good looking in his IDWTMAT studio version.. Awww Love

@schnatu wrote:
when you're done with Ireland then we can cookify the rest, deal? Wink

Oh yes, totally. That is the plan. We're going to get them!

Way to go Emma!!! I loved that story. Especially the part about her running to hit play again after the CD stopped!!

By the way, this Word Nerd is reporting for duty to carry out our mission of Cookifying the world one person at a time:

I gave DCTR to a friend of mine for her birthday yesterday. A bunch of us were at a restaurant and she chose to open my present first. I had a bunch of CDs in a gift bag, mostly mixes of songs from my iTunes that I thought she would enjoy. (Lots of Analog Heart and To Have Heroes represented of course!!) The only CD I wrapped was DCTR because as I told her "that's how special it is"!! LOL. Anyway, she was super excited when she saw it was David Cook. I thought it was hilarious because she looked at the case and said "My God, he's really hot. Look at him!" and then proceeded to pass the CD around the table. All the girls agreed and I heard a few of them say "Oh, I really liked him on Idol." or "Yeah, he was my favorite. He could sing anything.". Looks like I'm going to have to restock my supply to give out!! cheers

Guest Guest

Well done, Eileen Clappingcheers

It seems that as people start listening to David outside Idol, they'll realize how much they liked him while he was there LOL Face Just not invested as we are Very Happy

cheers Yay Emma and Eileen!

Now if I could just get my hands on my best friend...she's a tough sell. She hates AI and everything/everyone associated with it. She's an odd one though....she doesn't think Dave is good looking at ALL. scratch I've seriously questioned if she's human.

I love Cookification stories!

OMG, I don't get that AT ALL! How could you not think he is good looking?! Even my 74 yo mom said "Oh, he's quite handsome." when I showed her a picture!! I do understand the AI aversion though. Lots of people feel that way unfortunately. Jamie, just tell your friend to "free your mind and the rest will follow"!! Razz She'll be Cookified in no time!

Yay Eileen, well done on the cookification of your friends! cheers

Jamie, I also have a lot of friends who hate AI and I know that, if I want them to even listen to David, I cannot mention the show. Sad but true. And I have to admit, I was a bit like that before. I was kind of looking down on AI and thought nothing good could come out of it. And obviously, I saw how wrong I was.

And I can’t wait to show my friends how wrong they are Wink

As for not finding David attractive at all, I know we all have different taste but yeah, I really have trouble understanding that.

Greay story!!! cheers My friends are a bit harder to Cookify. ?? Although today my best friend saw the wallpaper on my phone (yes, David, lol). She just grinned and shook her head at me. Then she goes "Okay, I have to admit, I love his new song!" Coming from her, that's a big step! LOL. In the middle of work, I jumped up and went "YAY!" Yeah. I'm a huge dork.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.