Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dc_cookie82

on my way to the AI finale??

if anyone is interested (i know it is short notice but i just got the tix today) let me know. ive got 3 extra tickets. there is a strict dress code and no cameras and a bunch of other info id need to pm u about. also ud have to be physically with me to get them as they are in my name!

Guest Guest
AHHHHH Wish I was in the LA area!!!

just hold one for a couple hours... going to talk to my hubby to see how many airlines miles we have.

Don't I wish I wasn't on the other side of the continent! It would be way cool to stand with you and your new "David dresses on the right" sign!! Awww Love

@pn112 wrote:
Don't I wish I wasn't on the other side of the continent! It would be way cool to stand with you and your new "David dresses on the right" sign!! Awww Love

buahahahah omg i did techically say i was holding it up at my next show didnt i..and this is my next show. the long ass instructions did mention signs are allowed only they cant be bigger than 3 by 4 which is a big ass sign..people will be like WTF theres no david in this finalel that was last year dumb ass. ill be all no there is only one american idol for me and he dresses on the right!! suck it adam and kris!!

obuahahhaah oh shit u all could see me and my sign on TV!!! cheers or maybe Embarassed

datar164asa wrote:
omg for real i would get fired just to see this! omg Very Sad Kim!!!!

ud get fired to see what.. the finale?

Guest Guest
I knew there were limits to my insanity! I would love to be there with you, Kim, but the credit card is already smoking!

Uh.... why am I even considering this? My husband will give me the "are you f-ing kidding me??" look. But I don't have to work on Wednesday. What flight are you on? Are you flying out of Oakland? Oh, hell!!!

havent bought a flight yet. i literally just got the tickets a couple hours ago. nancy is interested and maybe daina i dunno where she disapperared off to. i was waiting to hear back on it to see if i could get a ride from the airport and make my plans. ill buy my plane ticket this weekend! id either fly out of oakland or SFO.

@pn112 wrote:

buahahahah omg i did techically say i was holding it up at my next show didnt i..and this is my next show. the long ass instructions did mention signs are allowed only they cant be bigger than 3 by 4 which is a big ass sign..people will be like WTF theres no david in this finalel that was last year dumb ass. ill be all no there is only one american idol for me and he dresses on the right!! suck it adam and kris!!

obuahahhaah oh shit u all could see me and my sign on TV!!! cheers or maybe Embarassed

LMAO! Laughing hystericall If you were on national TV with that sign, you would hear the entire Home cheering and screaming!! You would hear us over the noise in the Nokia!! Ya know, I'd almost pay to see that.....

ROFLOL

Hmm. Nah I can't. I'd have to call off work or change my vacation plans which is a DWEEB vacation. And well, I don't even watch Idol this year, but it would be cool.

Hmmm let me check around work this week.

@pn112 wrote:
@pn112 wrote:

LMAO! Laughing hystericall If you were on national TV with that sign, you would hear the entire Home cheering and screaming!! You would hear us over the noise in the Nokia!! Ya know, I'd almost pay to see that.....

ROFLOL

Suspect would u really..casue i could use a little extra cash.. i do tricks and favors for money..yeah that came out wrong..but u know what i mean..

@MDonohue wrote:
What? Which night?

i got to choose dress rehersal tuesday, tuesday show, or wednesday. obviously i choose wednesdave duh..lol this is going to be so nostalgic for him and shit for me too being there on that stage a year later and all that has come to pass..

@CCforDC wrote:
Hmm. Nah I can't. I'd have to call off work or change my vacation plans which is a DWEEB vacation. And well, I don't even watch Idol this year, but it would be cool.

Hmmm let me check around work this week.

lol i didnt really watch this year eitehr and there are a few idols i cant stand. however they do what.. one or 2 group performances on this night. the rest is other perfromers and um oh yeah DWEEB..lol plus and i want to stuff some of that damn confetti in my purse like mama beth!

@MDonohue wrote:
What? Which night?

i got to choose dress rehersal tuesday, tuesday show, or wednesday. obviously i choose wednesdave duh..lol this is going to be so nostalgic for him and shit for me too being there on that stage a year later and all that has come to pass..

Oh darn...which is so not what I want to say right now because I have myself and two others who would love to join you but it is my brothers bday so we will be out of town! Otherwise I would have taken them!

Hubby said no... pretty sure he wanted to say fuck no... but he held back. Boo. He was like... cancel your shows next weekend, and VB and you can go. I was like.... hmm... see Dave sing one song, and see Adam win in person (hopefully!!!) or see 3 shows, possibly go to Fallon and do NYU buses... yeeeeaaahhhh.... guess which I chose. In all fairness, the only flight I could find that would get me there in time was almost $500... and he just got me the camera... so yeah.

Sadly going to have to pass on this one as well. LOL that my husband actually said "are you kidding me???" I covered my tracks and said, "Of course! Just kidding. That's crazy, flying down there like that in the middle of the week..." Scared!

If only it was within driving distance...

(And, Kim, I must have totally missed the "David dresses on the right" thing. No clue what that is. scratch )

LOL there needs to be a sign. David Cook for American Idol 2009 write in campaign

Kim, You know my answer but you know that i have no way of getting there. No money means no davey! but i would love to go! I really, really, really really WANT TO GO!!!!! *Sobs* I missed out on so much stuff with not having a computer!!! Crying non-stopCrying non-stopCrying non-stop But please kim do me the honor of telling him hey and to come to montana! And let me know what he says..Oh Oops that's if you talk to him hehe. My bad. But seriously i'm not kidding i want you to do that for me! I'm close from giving up hope.Saddest LOL! Laughing

Sadly going to have to pass on this one as well. LOL that my husband actually said "are you kidding me???" I covered my tracks and said, "Of course! Just kidding. That's crazy, flying down there like that in the middle of the week..." Scared!

If only it was within driving distance...

(And, Kim, I must have totally missed the "David dresses on the right" thing. No clue what that is. scratch )

Go to the Sites New Banner Thread-it all starts with Stacy's post of her picture selection on Page 3. It the 9th post up from the bottom of page 3. There's several posts that go into the next page (and the next?), but it is hilarious!!! Enjoy

i was just thinking would they show me on camera with that sign..lol they might not becasue its all about kris and adam. but if i just hold it up during daves performance..i dunno.. ill probably end up sitting somewhere near him and he will see it and be like Shocked freak!

I would love to go to the finale !!! But i cant Crying non-stop

And i know your not a fan but your are sooo lucky that you get double dose of amazing men in one night not only do you get to see our man David Cook but you get to see Adam live in person , him singing and david singing Thud! That is def. a once in a life time thing .

i was just thinking would they show me on camera with that sign..lol they might not becasue its all about kris and adam. but if i just hold it up during daves performance..i dunno.. ill probably end up sitting somewhere near him and he will see it and be like Shocked freak!

I can just see him turning red during BBS and Neal, and Joey falling on the floor laughing. Might not be conducive to performing BBS. This just conjures all kinds of crazy things in my little sic mind!! We are ALL Innocent

lol 'double dose of amazing man'..haha see i feel a bit bad because im only going for david. if he wasnt going id have skipped on the tickets. but the people im going with are all fans and freaking out about missing some or all of tuesday show in our travels to get to LA. im like um.. dont care.lol im sorry to teh adam fans but id prefer not to hear him sing. *runs form items beign thrown at her* but whatev it will be fine. i decided to check the airfaire before i made my final decission. if it was to much id pass. but um yeah freggin $29 each way!! Shocked

as far as the sign during BBS would the guys all know what it means? cause i didnt till u told me? they might be like WTF he dresses on the right? the right of what? the stage? his closet?

Okay, time for my opinion. Everyone feel free to skip it if you don't want it. Smile I just don't think it's a good idea to do the sign. It's funny in concept but I'm just not for any signs that reference his "fanbase" or sex. Obviously, it's 100% your choice, and I'm SOOOO not trying to tell anyone what to do - just giving my viewpoint.

I think David has given a lot of recent evidence that's he's tired of them, ever since the offensive Fuck Bunnies' signs in AC, and his infamous blog 15 minutes after one of the Fuck Bunnies' signs was stuck on his bus. I'm sure he appreciates us being impressed with his fanbase, and reading online about how much we all want him, and everything... but I get the feeling he doesn't like those kinds of public demonstrations, especially not when there are children around as there are sure to be at the AI finale, and his Mom.

I sincerely hope no one is offended at me stating my opinion on these kinds of signs. I'm not saying anyone is wrong for doing them or liking them, I'm only saying that as much as I like some people who do signs, I don't like the signs, and that it seems to me that whether or not he did before, David does not seem to like them now. That said, if you bring the sign, and AI allows it, I hope it goes over well.

And I hope you and 3 other lucky Word Nerds have a fantastic time at the show. Okay, just had to get that out of my system and I won't dwell on it because this thread is a positive one about 4 great gals getting into the AI finale!

I think Stacy has a good point. We don't want to do anything that causes trouble for Dave or make him uncomfortable. I would err on the side of caution and make a different sign if I had any sign at all.

I agree 100% with Stacy. Inside jokes that go too far usually aren't well received by the public. Ever heard of the Pink Panty Brigade?

I agree with Stacy as well.

I just think after the Fuck Bunnies pulled their nasty little stunts and we all got to see first hand how it not only pissed him off but also offended and made him him extremely uncomfortable, that we should err on the side of caution where signs are concerned.

Personally, even though we might find the inside joke funny, I don't ever want to see him make the facial expression or hear him utter anything like disgusted sigh that we did in AC again.

Guest Guest
Let's please not turn this thread into a rehash of bad fan behavior. We've beaten that poor horse to death too many times.

I think it's enough to say that many of us agree that we all need to err on the side of caution, and remember that our inside jokes are just that... "inside" and those on the outside may not get the joke. I don't think any of us want to embarrass or upset David, and we should always remember that an inside joke might just do that.

And now let's get this thread back on topic... how great it will be that we will have 4 of our girls at the show, and I know I can't wait to hear their recaps!

Oh, you guys!! I never for one second thought Kim would really carry that sign. It was just funny! My intent was just for this board, and strictly for everyones amusement - oh yea - and mine! Very Happy I seriously doubt if DWEEB would have any idea of what it meant. It's a rather old term, used by tailors back in the day when men had suits custom tailored. I merely thought it was something everyone could run with and have some fun with. I am a word nerd, you know! I feel bad it's caused all this stress!!! Please accept my apologies for this going in the wrong direction.

I'm just gonna go outside and eat dirt now.... Saddest

I wish I lived in LA or California period.

I would love to go and I need the vacation! But that's when money becomes an issue.

im actually kinda offended just cause i thought u all knew me better than that..for the record id NEVER hold up that sign at the AI finale. a bar show or college show ..maybe. but my family and friends will be watching and it wouldnt be the right place and time for that especially with it being about the season 8 contestants anyway. so thanks for the lectures all..but they were not needed. i do have some common sense. maybe one day everyone will understand i kid ..i kid about..well almost everything...or maybe i need to stop being my smart ass self and be more prim and proper Saddest

@pn112 wrote:
Oh, you guys!! I never for one second thought Kim would really carry that sign. It was just funny! My intent was just for this board, and strictly for everyones amusement - oh yea - and mine! Very Happy I seriously doubt if DWEEB would have any idea of what it meant. It's a rather old term, used by tailors back in the day when men had suits custom tailored. I merely thought it was something everyone could run with and have some fun with. I am a word nerd, you know! I feel bad it's caused all this stress!!! Please accept my apologies for this going in the wrong direction.

I'm just gonna go outside and eat dirt now.... Saddest

just now seeing this post and thank u so much for getting me and my warped sense of humor!!! its good to see one person in my corner..lol

Kim I figured you were joking but ya know how stuff spreads through the DC world internet land. So better to just say, "It's a joke, we know it is wrong." Before it gets spread around that "a plan to embarass David is in the works". You know how it goes.

I'm well aware of your common sense girl.

Kim, sorry if we all misunderstood. I actually had assumed that the idea was a joke never meant to be carried out until there were so many posts about it. When there's a lot of posts about something like that, and none of them say "oh I'd never really do that" or anything of the sort, it's natural for us to assume that like numerous previous joke-oriented projects (like the PPB, the gf apps, the iPod t-shirt, the personal assistant apps, etc., etc.) that this would actually be carried out.

So, again, sorry for misunderstanding. We're all a bit on edge lately with our site getting extra attention from the-site-that-shall-not-be-named as well, and really trying to prevent them getting any fuel for their fires.

ok thenn:

DISCLAIMER: anyone who thinks im a quack job out to make david feel uncomfortable.. i will not be holding up an insulting sign!!! IM JOKING HERE!!

although i am currently trying to come up with some kinda sign that related to him ..a none sexual, non induendo, non fanbase related sweet kinda sign FTR!

Yeah and if you are a quack job what the hell does that say about me, I hang out with you.

Ok don't answer that. Laughing