Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Piper

Idol Confessions "You need to a have a David Cook moment.."

Source

Quote :
So let's get to the guys. The catch phrase of the night for the guys was "moment." As in, "You need to a have a David Cook moment, like with 'Hello' or you have absolutely no chance of overcoming the power that is Crystal Bowersox when we get the Top 12 to the Big Stage."

Yahoo!MeltYahoo!

I don't see any of this year's contestants having a moment. I actually got nostalgic last night and rewatched all of David's performances. He was light years ahead of these people. I think back to season 7, and the talent that year from all the contestants was insane. Everyone was polished. They knew exactly who they were and what kind of music they wanted to make. They stayed true to themselves. I had a hard time that year picking a favorite. So many of them were so talented. It still leaves me in awe that David won that year with such a tough field. This year, no one has "it." Not too many seem to know what they want to do. The song choices are weird as hell. I don't see myself wanting to buy any of their music when this is all over. Even last year, I had a clear cut favorite in Adam. (Then of course, he put out an album Very Sad.) Now I own Allison and Kris' albums. I think to be successful on the show you have to be the total package. You have to be unique, likeable, and very, very good at what you do. You also need some amount of stage presence, which I'm not seeing this year. You have to know who you are and stick to that as much as possible. With the choice to sing virtually anything these past few weeks, I'm shocked at how poor their choices have been. Ok, done rambling.

David Cook forever.

Just gonna restate a fact that we're all quite agreed on...David Cook broke American Idol forever.

Guest Guest
Yup David broke Idol, at least for me he did.

Guest Guest
Broke it beyond repair.

And this:

Quote :
David Cook forever.

Exactly!

I actually can go back and watch Season 7 and enjoy it still and love it still. I think this season lack of something. The top most reason is that David Cook has broken all records as far as Idol is concerned. I don't think anyone can ever do what he's done.

People that aren't biased say the same thing. So it says something about what David Cook has done to this show. And we all said it after Season 7 was over that the bar will be raised and it will never be the same again.

You need to have a David Cook moment. I love that.

And Daina, I was the same way as you with Season 7. I had a hard time picking my favorite. I loved David of course, but I also like Johns, Carley, Castro, Archie and Brooke. Although David climbed to number one for me quickly. By the time he did BJ I was a gonner.

David Cook forever. You said it perfectly.

@vsteph1 wrote:
You need to have a David Cook moment. I love that.

And Daina, I was the same way as you with Season 7. I had a hard time picking my favorite. I loved David of course, but I also like Johns, Carley, Castro, Archie and Brooke. Although David climbed to number one for me quickly. By the time he did BJ I was a gonner.

David Cook forever. You said it perfectly.

ditto!! I love David but Season 7 finalists entertained and made me swoon over the songs.

Jeannie wrote:
Broke it beyond repair.

And this:

Quote :
David Cook forever.

Exactly!

Yes. And yes.

DITTO !!! GreatClappingClappingClappingGreat

vsteph1 and Daina = me too miss Season 7 - the high quality of the contestants !!! CryingSaddest

And the same here vsteph1 - By the time he did BJ I was a gonner.

And more than anything MISS DAVID and his performances...miss the anxiety to see how amazing surprise of his next performance... WooHoo!!Yahoo!
Oh God, How I miss this !!! Crying

For me David is and will always be UNIQUE !!!
I found all these synonyms... all of them describe him so well:
singular, rare, exclusive, unmatached, sui generis, special, unreal, unrivaled, utmost, unequalable, unimaginable, unthinkable, distinguishing, essencial, emblematic, extraordinary, marvellous, mysterious, remarkable, wonderful, phenomenal, supreme, notable, outstanding, surpassing....

SOURCE

Season Nine of American Idol is the Least Popular with Public, Suggests CouponCodes4U.com Survey

One of America's leading coupon code websites has noticed a huge rise in consumers buying online and searching for discounts at the same time as American Idol has been airing, prompting the site founder to investigate whether or not the public is tired of the format.

New York, NY, March 12, 2010 --(PR.com)-- Season nine of American Idol may have more than two months left until the final, but it seems that Americans may be tiring of the show's format.

A survey of more than 7,000 Americans has found that the majority, 73 percent, of the public feel that the show has become "predictable," while 44 percent said that they felt it had become "too commercial."

The study was commissioned by one of the most popular coupon code websites in the country, www.CouponCodes4U.com, after the site founder noticed a large traffic jump at the time the show aired.

The study of 7,102 people found that respondents were united in their declaration that this season is the worst in the show's eight year history, with just 5 percent saying that it was their favorite so far.

12 percent of people who said they started watching the show in January said they had switched off already.

The majority, 29 percent, said that season five, which aired in 2006 and crowned Taylor Hicks as the winner, was their favorite season so far. 2005's season four was the second most popular season, with a fifth, 21 percent, of respondents admitting that the season in which Carrie Underwood won the title was their favorite.

With regards to this season, the public feels that the male singers are the strongest contingent, with just a quarter, 23 percent, saying that a female had a chance of winning this year's show.

When asked, "Which runner-up from the previous eight seasons was the most unlucky not to have won?" David Archuleta, who lost out to namesake David Cook in season seven, narrowly edged out season eight runner up Adam Lambert, by a respective margin of 31 percent to 27 percent. Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson came third in the list of most unlucky runners-up, with 18 percent of all votes.

Retail expert Mark Pearson, founder of CouponCodes4U.com had the following to say,

"American Idol has become this huge monster of a commercial hit, and as the saying goes - what goes up, must, at some stage, come down.

"Since this series began airing in January, we've noticed, pretty much like clockwork, a rise in the number of people searching for money off shopping online while the episodes have aired. Maybe it's partners or family members choosing online shopping ahead of spending time with relatives who still insist on watching the show!"

Mark continued,

"I think it has a lot to do with the fact that this will be Simon Cowell's final season, in all honesty. The X Factor format has worked consistently well in the UK, and I have no doubt that Fox and Cowell will strike the right notes when it debuts in the States next year. It's been said that the show will complement American Idol, but I'm not so sure."

@KrdCookie wrote:
David is THE MAN of Idol. cheers

Random:
I got lost at your avi about 1 minute...just watching David showing his heart tat again and again and.... Drool
I'm getting nuts !!! LOL flag

Guest Guest

If you have 10 minutes here are clips of all of David's performances. Posted by CarrieUnderwoodFan-thanks.

ShookByCook wrote:
If you have 10 minutes here are clips of all of David's performances. Posted by CarrieUnderwoodFan-thanks.

I have never seen all of his performances threaded together. Damn, that boy was good on that show. Not one single bad performance. Not one!!!

Idol found, game over. Indeed.

Guest Guest
That was very well put together. I always knew David had a great vocal range, but DAMN!!! seeing it put together like that...... A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! No wonder he broke Idol forever, NO ONE can come close to that!

Guest Guest
Damn he was good. Can we just skip this season and have a repeat of season 7 instead?

Guest Guest
Wow that is an amazingly well put together video! Thanks Barb for bringing it here and to CarrieUnderwoodFan for making it.

I'm actually rewatching my season 7 dvds (to remember what this show is supposed to be like, as opposed to the crapfest it's turning into this season) and I'm so impressed not just by David, but by all the top 10 of that season. Idol definitely broke after that one... they should have quit while they were ahead.

And seeing all of David's performances put together like that... wow... It really does play like a setlist, it really is a progression. David was true to himself, and he followed his game plan... and damn he did exactly what he set out to do. I love it!

Love the montage!! Fabulous!

I think I know what it is... IMO - David absolutely nailed a dramatic performance every week. He always chose big dramatic music that pulls you in. He did that week after week. Every performance held a thrill. Of course that magical voice of his and that amazing stage presence didn't hurt, either! Very Happy No other contestant has EVER done that, and I've been watching Idol since S1. Kelly Clarkson "got it" about half way through, and I thought Daughtry did the same thing as far as he went, he just didn't have the appeal that David has. David is the only one that had that big, dramatic, thrilling performance week after week, starting in Hollywood.

I think that's why he broke Idol. Oh, and I have one more adjective to to describe David Cook - UNFORGETTABLE!!

Yep , no fix for that. Terry\'s fav word

@pn112 wrote:
Love the montage!! Fabulous!

I think I know what it is... IMO - David absolutely nailed a dramatic performance every week. He always chose big dramatic music that pulls you in. He did that week after week. Every performance held a thrill. Of course that magical voice of his and that amazing stage presence didn't hurt, either! Very Happy No other contestant has EVER done that, and I've been watching Idol since S1. Kelly Clarkson "got it" about half way through, and I thought Daughtry did the same thing as far as he went, he just didn't have the appeal that David has. David is the only one that had that big, dramatic, thrilling performance week after week, starting in Hollywood.

I think that's why he broke Idol. Oh, and I have one more adjective to to describe David Cook - UNFORGETTABLE!!

Yep , no fix for that. Terry\'s fav word

Clapping Well said!

Wow. Just wow.

No one will ever be like him. Ever. He is THE Idol, and acted like it from Day 1.

All others should just do this at his feet --> I'm Not Worthy!I'm Not Worthy!I'm Not Worthy!

I actually can go back and watch Season 7 and enjoy it still and love it still. I think this season lack of something. The top most reason is that David Cook has broken all records as far as Idol is concerned. I don't think anyone can ever do what he's done.

yup Great i actually have the whole season on tape,and i never get tired of watching it. it was that fantastic! Heart

Honestly..Im not trying to sound critical, but Idol has been going downhill in my opinion. Kris and Adam were no where near as good as David and David...and I dont even know who to call the best two on the show now..I like Lee but hes not as good as these other four...its just not working out

Honestly..Im not trying to sound critical, but Idol has been going downhill in my opinion. Kris and Adam were no where near as good as David and David...and I dont even know who to call the best two on the show now..I like Lee but hes not as good as these other four...its just not working out

I have been trying to give this season a chance, but honestly it is soooooooo bad. I actually got teary eyed last Tuesday night at what those kids did to the Stone's songs. It just broke my heart. Why did I expect so much? Probably because a certain Rocker raised the bar in my expectations and now I want someone on that show to come out every week and blow my mind with their amazing talent and performances. Yes, I realize this isn't fair to anyone else. Because there is only one person who has ever done that week after week after week. The man never disappoints me.

That being said I am definitely not watching next week. The theme is teeny bopper music. That's not the official title, but that's what it is. You know Miley, that beaver guy, etc. There is no fucking way I will put myself thru that. No way!

^
I heard next week's billboard chart's #1's something like that.

Good God, I hope you are right. When I heard about the teeny bop stuff, I just thought: really? Would they really do that? Ha, it would also be weird to do that after the Rolling Stones week. kwim? I may watch it then, just to see. Maybe...

@vsteph1 wrote:
^
I heard next week's billboard chart's #1's something like that.

Good God, I hope you are right. When I heard about the teeny bop stuff, I just thought: really? Would they really do that? Ha, it would also be weird to do that after the Rolling Stones week. kwim? I may watch it then, just to see. Maybe...

haha im pretty sure it's true and o god Miley week *shudders at thought* Scared!

Guest Guest
I heard that it was "teen idol" week. Which really could be anyone from Frank Sinatra to Taylor Swift and everyone in between. Hopefully it doesn't have to be current teen idols.

Guest Guest
Hmmm that gives them a pretty big list to choose from. I wonder why they changed it.

justforme wrote:
Hmmm that gives them a pretty big list to choose from. I wonder why they changed it.

Thank God they changed it. I mean it will still be a mess, but maybe we'll get something good out of it. Maybe Lee and Crystal finally hooked up with David (they were trying to when he was there but producers kept telling them not enough time) and he talked some sense, gave them some pointers.

Sadly no. Smiley Miley is indeed "mentoring" this pitiful batch of Top 11 hopefuls. What in the world could she possibly teach them? Rolling Eyes

Sadly no. Smiley Miley is indeed "mentoring" this pitiful batch of Top 11 hopefuls. What in the world could she possibly teach them? Rolling Eyes

"Have a Dad who enjoyed a modicum of success in the music industry. That's key". LOL flag

"Have a Dad who enjoyed a modicum of success in the music industry. That's key". LOL flag

Laughing So Hard YouROFLOL

Guest Guest
Laughing So Hard You

That would be how she did it... might not be useful advice for these guys though. LOL Face