Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReallyCookin

Happy 2 year anniversary everyone!!!

Guest Guest

Awww Love Such wonderful memories! There will never be another finale like this one... There will never be another Idol like David...

Happy 2 year anniversary of the winning moment, of the end of the season where David broke Idol, of the beginning of 2 wonderful years of friendships and fun for all of us!

May we all share many more years! Cheers!!

Guest Guest
Great minds, Daina! I just merged the thread I made with yours...

Happy anniversary again, everyone!

I never tire of watching his win. God, 2 years already. Happy Two Year Anniversary everyone. Thanks for all the fun, memories, sharing of anxiety and over all insanity.

LOL! I love celebrating David's great milestones Smile I'll never be able to express just how much he means to me for the simple fact that I've made so many new friends through him and his music. Priceless, I say... priceless.

I still have the 2 nite finale on DVD and watch it often. Such a special time. Andrew at the end mouthing "That's my brother!" still gets me! So happy that I fell down this rabbit hole with all of you guys! Such great memories over the past 2 years! Such great friends made, such great music, such great performances, and such special, crazy, sweet, times shared with all of you guys! *runs to watch tewer videos and look at "On The Road With David Cook" book* Group Hug2

Guest Guest
Happy two year anniversary David! He has given us so many memories and friends.

Guest Guest

Awwww Awww Love Two years already! It seems like yesterday as it is so clear in my mind, not only because I've watch the videos like... a million time and more, lol, but because I vividly remember "the moment"!

Happy anniversary to David, forever my Idol and to all of us and all those who made his win possible! And thanks David for your music, the wonderful friendships and the awesome experiences we all lived because you brought us together. The times we've laughed, cried, went crazy, shone with pride, traveled the globe, stood in line at insane hours waiting for the album release or to get into a show, or stayed up until the wee hours waiting for spoilers, pics and videos. So many feelings and moments we've shared.

Group Hug2

Two years already?!?! Wow! But what a wonderful two years it's been! I remember running around the house screaming and yelling like a mad woman when Seacrest said it Crazy Time sure flies when you're rocking out! I've met so many wonderful people these past two years and all cause of a guy from Blue Springs,MO Very Happy Happy Magic Rainbows Day! Magic Rainbow

davidc10.jpg
Thanks David for the two of the most amazing unforgettable years of my life !!!

The WaveCheersThe Wave

Guest Guest

I remember my DVR stopping recording and freezing the screen with the message "Your scheduled program has now finished recording" right after Ryan said, "And the winner is David..."

By the time I found the remote and hit the "go live" button, I saw Archie and David hugging... and still had no clue who had won. It wasn't until Archie started walking offstage that I could start screaming. It's funny now, but at the time I was massively pissed. LOL Face

I'm so glad that America got it right. And I'm so glad that I came here and found all of you. Group Hug2

It has been a short two years. I remember sitting there in the old house on our old couch with the recliner footrest up when they announced him as the winner. I was forced to celebrate quieter than I wanted to so I didn't scare the hubby.

Life certainly would be less fun and happy without Dave and all of you.

Happy two year anniversary, peeps! What an amazing two years it has been! David has brought so much joy happiness and peace into my life! The 24th will mark the two year anniversary that I fell hopelessly head over heels for him! Looking forward to many more rocking years!

Guest Guest
Magic Rainbow Two amazing years!! Thanks to David for bringing us all together! Thanks for the music and the memories!

This was posted by Minstrel at DCO! I'm Not Worthy!

Quote :
Minstrel's parody for today:

You’re Still Standing: A parody commemorating the second anniversary of a momentous event, by the irrepressible minstrel

With apologies to Cook, Dennis and Maida

(To be sung with anthemic vigor.)

As the sun goes down on Hollywood
Reminds us of how tall you stood
Just two short years ago
TWIK inspired us with every note
It fired us to vote and vote
And we just need to let you know
And we just need to let you know

We’re not gonna run off
Run off from your tribe
All these idols come and go
You’re still standing
You’re still on the right track
You teach us to give back
You’re still standing
You’re still standing

The music world’s confusing; we don’t care
We trust your talent. We declare
It all will work out right
So we affirm tonight

We’re not gonna defect
Loyalty’s unchecked
You’re still standing
You sing, and we’re sky high
We know that you’ll fly high
You’re still standing
We believe that you’ll deliver
And you’ll never let us down
We have learned that you’re a giver
Who transcends the shiny TV crown

You’re not gonna come down
Down off of those clouds
So go write some great tunes
(A single for this June?)
You’re still standing
Not gonna come down
Not gonna come down
You’re still standing
You’re still standing
All these idols come and go….

Guest Guest

^^^ Kudos to minstrel!!! That was awesome! I'm Not Worthy!

Guest Guest

We need to have this here too - posted by Alamid88!

I am now dead again after watching that sexy Guitar Hero Commercial again. Happy 2 Year Anniversary everyone! Christina

That was awesome! Minstrel did great on that Smile My life would suck without David Smile

Can't believe it's been two years! wow. time goes by fast. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have David Very Happy

Happy two year anniversary to everyone! Here's looking foward to another year with wonderful and exciting new music and more good times!

Guest Guest
What a great memory. There will never be another coronation like that one. It was simply perfect.

I haven't been on much lately but I only found it appropriate to come on and say "Happy Anniversary" to everyone!! Its been such an amazing 2 years and cannot believe how fast the time has flown by! I have met such great people ever since that day and I miss the ones I haven't seen in forever and I miss the ones I might have seen a few short months ago! This guys surely gave me something special music & friends and who could ask for more!! He will always be my number one American Idol!

Happy two year anniversary to everyone!!! What an amazing two years we had. The WaveThe Wave

A few more pictures from the night.

And let's not forget the most important one LOL Face

Aww!! Awww Love I cant believe its 2 years it almost makes me want to Crying non-stop so much has happened even though i feel kinda like a spirited fan cause i still have yet to see him live and meet him (hopefully someday) Embarassed and on the plus side i never got to meet any of you guys and i hope i do. You all are so amazing and im so happy to still be here and enjoy coming on here and posting i couldnt be more happier to share this w/all you guys i love all wordnerds there the best Group Hug2

Guest Guest
Hi! Brooke-nice to see you stop by! Will always remember meeting you & the dive for the Pom Pom Cheers in KC on the idol tour!

Thanks everyone for sharing your memories! Cheers!! to all and great Music Makes me HAPPY in the future!

Jeannie wrote:
I remember my DVR stopping recording and freezing the screen with the message "Your scheduled program has now finished recording" right after Ryan said, "And the winner is David..."

By the time I found the remote and hit the "go live" button, I saw Archie and David hugging... and still had no clue who had won. It wasn't until Archie started walking offstage that I could start screaming. It's funny now, but at the time I was massively pissed. LOL Face

I'm so glad that America got it right. And I'm so glad that I came here and found all of you. Group Hug2

lol

I don't handle suspense very well. Even in scary/suspenseful movies I will close my eyes and plug my ears. So when Ryan was getting ready to announce the winner I couldn't handle it. So I muted my TV and covered my eyes and peeked thru my fingers ever few seconds. The way I knew he won was when I saw Beth's reaction through my fingers. Then I unmuted it and my phone started ringing off the hook cause my Sisters called (in the West) to find out who won and friends started calling and I was still trying to watch the show and absorb that he had won. I was a basket case. Such great memory.

Guest Guest

Love to read all the stories about THE MOMENT!!! Something that never happened to me and I'm sure will never happen again! Soooo special, I'll remember what I felt when he won for the rest of my life! And as it was on my birthday, it will be forever my secret celebration on the day Awww Love

At the time, they aired AI here 5 days after they did in the US. I was getting desperate to get a hold of a live streaming site which I did, I think, during top 4/5. So there I was, all prepped up in front of my computer (having informed family and friends I wouldn't be available that night, lol) and praying that my internet connection wouldn't fail! When Ryan said "David....... Cook", I kinda sat there for a split second, staring blankly at the screen, as I tried to absorb what I had just heard and what I was seeing. Then I began jumping up and down, crying and laughing at the same time. Sat for a moment to watch and started all over again Excited Hubby and my girls came to congratulate me for David's win! Though they were not as nearly invested as I was, they knew how important it was for me and how we had created the "Rock the Vote" site and everything. After that, we got together at the AI boards and here to celebrate. Hours and even days after that there were times when I just couldn't believe we had made it! We "rocked the vote" so hard that David had won!

And two years after that, I'm still here, ever so proud of our Idol and this place that has been a second home for me Awww Love

Happy Birthday Made!!!! How cool he won on your BD. Awesome. Flower Bouquet

Guest Guest

WOW!!! 2 years already. And what an amazing 2 yrs it has been. Sleepless nights listening to the cellcasts from the Idol/Declaration Tour. More sleepless nights waiting for those vids and pics. Meeting so many wonderful friends. WAITING to meet so many more. Tears of joy and tears of sadness. It definatly has been one hell of a ride...... and I can't wait for the next one Awww Love

Guest Guest
@vsteph1 wrote:
Happy Birthday Made!!!! How cool he won on your BD. Awesome. Flower Bouquet

Thanks Viv! It was a very special Awww Love

I seriously cannot believe that it's been 2 years already.
Where has the time gone?! Really?! lol

I wouldn't be here right now if it weren't for David, and I wouldn't know any of you great people without him...so Thank You so much David! I love you for more reasons than you'll ever know! Smile

And I love all you guys. Hug

I'm a little late to this party, but HAPPY TWO YEARS, everybody!!! It's been one hell of a ride, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. Awww Love

I attribute my discovery of David to 24. I never ever ever watch TV except for 24. So had I never started watching it, then the year of the Writer's Strike when 24 wasn't on, I wouldn't have turned to American Idol "just for shits and giggles." Oh sure, I might have discovered David on the radio later on, but then I wouldn't have all those memories of Season 7, staying up on AI.com until the middle of the night after he won, moving to the Word Nerd Home, and following the tour all summer long. I will never forget some of these moments. They really helped to define that year for me.

I still love and miss Season 7 something fierce, and I know there will never be another finale like that ever again on television.

Happy 2 years everyone! I still remember the moment so vividly, it's hard to believe it's been that long! Here's to many more years of celebrating Dave's successes!

You know what I loved (well, one of the many things I love and loved ) about David? Was how even in the greatest moment of his life, he made it seem like it wasn't all about HIM. He always praised, looked after, and respected the feelings of others. And it looks so instinctual for him. Virtually ever other contestant I have ever seen on AI revels in their "safety", their victory. But David was always concerned about the next person's feelings, and after taking a breath immediately applauded Archie for his achievements. For a long time. I think those reactions of others is natural... but at the same time it just highlights how special our David truly is. He is!

Thanks for bringing this over, Daina.

It's a day late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADE!!

The Wave

It's so fun reading everyone's memories of that epic moment! I was convinced Archie was going to be crowned. I had dial up internet at the time, so couldn't get on most of the boards. I had no idea there was such an organized movement. Didn't discover that until the fall when I finally broke down and got DSL! I was watching the finale wishing DC would win, but knowing that Archie was going to win. When Ryan said "And the winner is... David....." I said Archuleta. Ryan quickly said Cook just after me! I screamed! Loud! lol! I jumped up and started jumping up and down, still screaming. My dog and cat went and hid! They kinda avoided me for the rest of that nite! lol When it was obvious that David was losing it, my little celebration stopped, I became just as overwhelmed as David was. It just hit me that he had actually won! Too much to process!! I'll never forget that nite!

Guest Guest

Thanks, Peggy Heart

Reading all your experiences will never get old. I hope we'll be celebrating David's success for many, many years to come Awww Love

Ahh I really cannot believe so much time has flown by since he won. I watched the whole finale show yesterday afternoon and it just never gets old. I could watch him win a million times and I would probably cry every time lol

@molly4DC wrote:

I think this photo started my two year obsession with David's jeans, lol. Wow, two years, seems like yesterday that I was reliving my teen years frantically calling to vote for David! Just the other day I listened to my CD of all the AI recordings and got a little nostalgic - remember when that was all the current music we had?? Well, David has aged like a fine wine - his looks, his persona, his voice, his charity, the whole package. (I, of course, have not aged one day '8) Here's to many more great anniversaries! Awww Love

I think this photo started my two year obsession with David's jeans, lol. Wow, two years, seems like yesterday that I was reliving my teen years frantically calling to vote for David! Just the other day I listened to my CD of all the AI recordings and got a little nostalgic - remember when that was all the current music we had?? Well, David has aged like a fine wine - his looks, his persona, his voice, his charity, the whole package. (I, of course, have not aged one day '8) Here's to many more great anniversaries! Awww Love

You too, eh?? LOL flag

Terry\'s fav word That is all.

2 Years already! What an amazing ride!! I stil remember the moment. I jumped up and down, woohooing and all that, just like my favorite team won the World Series. Such great memoires.

Sometimes I wonder how different my life would be had I not decided to watch Idol that year and go check out the AI site and join the David forum, then move over here...and, well...the rest is history! Very Happy

Holy Shit Im so sorry Made i never knew that Happy Belated Birthday i could only imagine how excited you must of been and probably still are. Heck I saw him the Day after my Birthday and i was so excited and happy i Kept having Anxiety Attacks LOL FaceLOL Face Well worth it tho I will never ever forget that day Very HappyVery Happy Happy Anniversary to every one Here Love You All . Awww LoveAwww LoveAwww Love

Guest Guest

Thanks so much, Jan! You're so sweet Heart That day will be forever in my heart Awww Love

@molly4DC wrote:
Happy two year anniversary to everyone!!! What an amazing two years we had. The WaveThe Wave

A few more pictures from the night.

Awww LoveAwww LoveGroup Hug1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.