Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prissy

Indianapolis, IN - Lucas Oil Stadium - 10/21 - *CANCELED*

@nationalffa: Due to circumstances beyond our control, the David Cook/Colbie Callait concert scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 21,has been canceled. #FFAconv10
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Tickets are only available through convention registration, which opens in August.**

NATIONAL FFA CONVENTION

Convention Concerts

This year, the National FFA Convention will be a little bit country, and a little bit rock and roll! Wednesday night's concert will feature winners of five ACM awards Lady Antebellum and Easton Corbin. Thursday's night's show will feature 2008 American Idol winner David Cook and Grammy winner Colbie Caillat.

David Cook with Colbie Caillat
Thursday, Oct. 21
9:30 p.m. (Doors open at 8:30 p.m.)
Lucas Oil Stadium
Premium Seats: $40
Regular Seats: $30

SOURCE

Oooh, there are going to be some happy Word Nerds who pop in tonight and see this! WooHoo!!

Hope lots can go. Not me though. But I have Busch Gardens so I'm happy. Very Happy

Read something about members only? But still yeay for Midwest Nerds possibly!!!

AAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M AN FFA ADVISOR!!! I WILL GO TO THIS WITH MY STUDENTS!!!!!!!

ExcitedExcitedExcitedExcited

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

Jamie, you'll have to be our official Word Nerd rep and take lots of good videos! Hope you have a great time, I'm excited for you!

Guest Guest
That is great Jaime! I love that this will be for teachers and students!

Guest Guest

Me too! Much as I would love to go, I think the idea of this being private with a young audience like that, will be a huge thing for Dave and the guys. He has the opportunity to cookify a lot of young people with this show. Great

And we will be counting on you for pics, vids, and a long recap Jamie.

eta: How many people usually attend this convention, Jamie?

Guest Guest

Damn... such a small group. LOL Face

That's awesome - hope they all go to the show!

Guest Guest
I am ridiculously excited about this opportunity. This will introduce David's music to a whole new demographic.

And, to give you a glimpse of just how big of a venue they're playing at, here's a picture I took last year when I went to "The Luke" back in November 2009, when the Colts played the Texans, from the 400 level of the stadium [thus, it's in its football layout; they do have a different for large concerts]:

Guest Guest

WOW, that's HUGE!!!

You go, David! (and the boys) CheersDC CheerleaderCheers

Hope you have a great time, Jamie and everybody else who might be going Very Happy

AAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M AN FFA ADVISOR!!! I WILL GO TO THIS WITH MY STUDENTS!!!!!!!

ExcitedExcitedExcitedExcited

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

I am so psyched for you Jamie! This is AWESOME! cheers

Nice to see David is headlining this and Colbie is opening for him!!!

per @wehoscott on Twitter bit.ly aivUIF

My thought EXACTLY.
I saw his name matched up with Lady Antebellum and knew instantly that was what that implied. I almost sorta kinda can't believe it. Colbie has a pretty fair amount of radioplay, and dating back to a few years ago, tons of airtime and chart-topping. I like her...nice to see that he's not only opening, but being opened FOR, by someone so big and at such a big location...

Proud of you, David...and so excited for everyone and anyone that will be able to make it. (:

Not gonna lie...I'm pretty depressed about this. I couldn't see him the last time he was here (EMHE) and now this! :-( Man!! I'd really love to go! Lucas Oil is such a humongous venue.

FFA is all high school students, right? It was big in my high school and I don't remember it in my middle school...irritates me some of them may be going and not me. LOL. Razz Sad? Yeah...but oh well. lol.

I'm wondering though...why is he a part of this? Not that there's anything wrong with it, I'm just thinking it's a little unexpected.

FFA is most prevalent in high school students, but there are some Junior FFA chapters in some middle schools where agriculture classes are super popular. I honestly don't know if any junior FFA chapters ever go to National Convention though.

Basically, someone in the National FFA (either adult or student) must be a big fan and requested that they try to get him to perform at convention. He obviously agreed.

^I guess that makes sense, lol. When I think FFA...and I know this isn't true...I would think they'd have all country acts. Farmers...country...it just goes hand in hand for me, but maybe that's just me lol. That's why I was surprised. Maybe I'm just too used to rural Indiana Razz It's all like that. Don't get me wrong though, I do love some country.

This could also mean a lot of people who don't know his music, so hopefully there won't be a lot of disinterested kids talking and not paying attention. But what am I saying?? Once they start playing they'll all be like this: Shocked lol

It's just going to kill me knowing he's here and I can't see him, gah!! He needs to schedule a public show in Indy. For me. Just me. lol, jk...maybe. Cool

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone who lives in the "country" or joins FFA only listens to country music. Myself being a prime example. I hate current country music.

And FFA does a lot more than just "farming". Just FYI.

^Hopefully I didn't offend anyone. I've lived in the country most of my life so I know not everyone likes it.

Just sent from FFA on twitter
Quote :
@nationalffa
Due to circumstances beyond our control, the David Cook/Colbie Callait concert scheduled 4 Oct. 21,has been canceled.

Guest Guest
Jamie, Yup they are not destined to ever share the same stage it seems. I'm sorry for you that it got canceled.